No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked on it 2 days to find the best possible amp shape and flow to go with the U, but still have my reservations. Thanks though!

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

It is interesting, but I don't know what it is supposed to be telling me, other than the amp makes me think of a halter top. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
        It is interesting, but I don't know what it is supposed to be telling me, other than the amp makes me think of a halter top. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
        This post makes me think of your face with a boot in it. :P

Anyway it looks like they chose something, at least for the new build as there is a little icon in one corner where they mushed the T in.
        Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 03-02-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I figured since Henrik is posting U-damage logos, it's okay for me to do the same. Just throwing this in here for people to see.^_^

After seeing the new map and the direction UT is going I might rework it a bit to fit better though.

On a separate note... I think the logo in the top corner of the menu now reads as "Cut", not "UT". I hope that gets fixed in future versions. ;P

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          Last edited by Gooba; 03-02-2015, 07:21 PM.
          Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
            This posts makes me think of your face with a boot in it. :P

Anyway it looks like they chose something, at least for the new build as there is a little icon in one corner where they mushed the T in.
            You know I'm just messing with you.

I noticed that emblem in the new build today. Meh. It's a thing, I guess.

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
            I think the logo in the top corner of the menu now reads as "Cut", not "UT".
            Didn't you hear the news? The Chaos UT guys are taking over the project.

I still think your U Damage design would be perfect for the Unreal remake logo.
            Last edited by Crotale; 03-02-2015, 07:28 PM.
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

For people who want to see the new icon they chose without turning on the game here it is.

Personally this wasn't one of my favorites at all and I think we could do better but maybe the CUT logo will grow on me in time.

Comment

Looks pretty awful as expected. I just don't think you can make all those shapes work together.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Not final. We didn't have a lot of time for iteration. We're going to revisit after GDC.
                  Stacey Conley
                  -----------------------------
                  Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                  Epic Games, Inc.
                  Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

No problem, frankly it's better when less is "final" or "official" for now
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Well, like I said Gooba, by no means am I telling you what you can and can't post, I merely meant to clarify the situation for those believing it is open season on the logo with very little justification.

I agree about the icon, it's not the greatest, flipping the crescent makes it inconsistent with the main logo to boot, but I have a feeling it is temporary, as some of you like to point out things around here so often are...

Comment

Yes, strange choice. The other composition was so perfect, this version seems a bit bottom heavy and has the curvature the other way around. I didn't think it was similar with the old hoop, but now it really is like in the BurgerKing logo.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Alright well if it's not final then we have more time to play with it.

I liked what Elmur started with but the right hand side of the U kind of fell apart on it. So I made my own tweaks to the design and pushed it more towards a helical metal spikes behind the U, some of Henrik's earlier designs also had a helical look that I liked. Just playing with some FX and colors for a blue themed look. I realize the strokes wouldn't scale very well.

Also made a more italicized version sans the blue orb behind it. In my opinion the U in the completed circle looks unbalanced and off center so the super italic version fixes it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                            One more slightly different take on it, made more with readability concerns in mind:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                            Since we now know that they seem intent on one that uses the T, I would like to appeal to Epic one more time to use this or something closer to it, as it does not compromise the integrity of the emblem simply for the sake of making the T fit.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I dont think it's a definitive thing that they want to use a U and T in the logo, it could just simply be a trial run like most of what Epic does. As far as that logo above, it's more balanced than the one they have currently but the T scales twice as poorly when it's tiny. The U and T in the current build are about even sizes, so they scale relatively the same and I think I would rather have a U and T the same general scale, and I don't care for the style difference of the U and the T when seen together in one icon. For these reasons I would side against the tiny T, just have it better balanced and positioned than the CUT logo.

Of course I'm biased against the T in the first place but those are my thoughts, just a U is fine thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X