Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I liked Psychomorph's minimalist concept, and I made one teeny change.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never said you aren't free to state your opinions, not that it's under my control anyway. I was making a request that's all. Glad to see the trophy emblem is catching on though.
    Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 02-04-2015, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trophy logo (especially black gradient imo, but I'm personally no fan of orange) looks very cool, I'm only not happy with the u! It's still tribal-like but not a cool calligraphy anymore like the engine U was.
    But that's apparently "sidetracking this thread off a cliff" and no valid option anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A bold move, I'm just waiting for the nostalgia crowd raging. :P

I personally quite enjoyed that idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The trophy silhouette is actually an excellent idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A very good idea. I like this emblem. It's Tournament. And classical U in a place.

P.S. Stick into trophy logo U with around. Will generally cool.
    Last edited by Raixs; 02-04-2015, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's something completely different. Been contemplating this idea since I started on the logo last year but always found the UT trophy too complex. So I've simplified it here to something more recognizable at a glance as being a trophy. So there are other routes to go with this than slapping in a T imo.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dunno, the smaller T is better but I still wouldn't even call it "good" (no offense implied, it is not "bad" either). I agree with everyone that is saying it abandons the simple elegance of previous UT icons. That's why I'd go for some kind of image (of a gun, fire effect, character, etc) with the iconic U if that kind of distinction is really necessary.

Definitely the ones with equally sized T look cramped and off balance. The smaller T only works better in this case because it doesn't off balance the icon as much as the other ones do, but it does still throw it off and it simply doesn't look as good as any previous UT icon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Edited by Cro: Me so confused.
    Last edited by Crotale; 02-06-2015, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Raixs View Post
    not to be confused with the icon of the engine...
    Left for game. Right for engine.
    I think you already confused them, current UE icon is on the left.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What kind of nonsense? Why are you wasting time on it? All games in the series was only U not to be confused with the icon of the engine, just paint in other colors. For example, as here. Left for game. Right for engine.

Что за бред? Зачем вы тратите на это время?У всех игр серии была только U. Чтобы не путали со значком движка, просто покрасьте в другие цвета. Например, как здесь. Слева для игры. Справа для движка.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What about going with the classic U damage look?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think they're looking for a more defined separation than that Cro... that may work fine for us who know, but everyone else wouldn't get the difference. I'm sure their thought process is that using a T makes it all but obvious what the purpose is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The circle U has always been a symbol. Adding the T to the symbol now converts it into a set of letters inside a circular shape.

Again, I present an alternative to further modification of the UT emblem. I leave the examples in black and white for a clear comparison. To your left is the Unreal Engine emblem, and to your right is the Unreal Tournament emblem.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Crotale; 02-04-2015, 06:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    One more slightly different take on it, made more with readability concerns in mind:

[screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11602&d=1423034716[/screenshot]
    That is the first iteration which somehow "works". I can't see a "T" as stylized as the "U". The "T" should follow more basic shapes, as the ring is also very basic.

In general I still hope EPIC will take the chance and overthink their decision with the logo/emblem, and go for a more modern/fresh look (Gooba/Psycho), instead of a classical one (Henrik).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X