Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yep, the readability of the T is GREATLY improved for the small logos and also the boldness of it matches better the circular border around the U. The shape of the T is perhaps discussable (I think it looks fine but it may exist alternative rougher shapes that also works) but yea the readability is greatly improved so gj.

Also the color of the U is better now I noticed, it was a bit too dark before, now the color is perfect and is more "popping out" than before.

EDIT: The U's upper-right corner looks a bit cut now, not sure if it's intended or not, it looks like a few pixels are cut out so it's not as sharp as before while the lower one is still as sharp as before. Just pointing it out, personally I'd probably keep it as sharp as in the lower-right corner.
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-04-2015, 04:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One more slightly different take on it, made more with readability concerns in mind:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First picture, the logo to the right looks very good IMO, since the proportions of equally sized UT becomes too large IMO. I'd gladly pick that:

Possibly I'd still consider making the T slightly bit bigger so the T tears up the U slightly bit more, feels like it should be at least vertically stretching a bit further down close to the tail of the U.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-04-2015, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For clarification, these were my submissions, and they were only meant to communicate the idea, not be completely final.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Let's not start sidetracking this thread off a cliff by suggesting entirely new logos, the solution is potentially a simple one. Initially my thought was that most of the work was already done with my logo with the U's negative space, so I elaborated on that further. They asked for a different approach with the T off to the side. I do not think that using the T from "TOURNAMENT" would work, at least not in that way as seen in the OP.

There are still different approaches worth trying potentially, and I ask that you bear with me and let me come up with a better solution if you, the community are not satisfied. This isn't about Epic not being satisfied with the full text logo, it's about fine tuning the emblem-only version for more recognizability as UT specifically.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 02-04-2015, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow those logos from just_sim are really awesome compositions. I agree it should be called UT4 and those red IV look amazing, too. Such style with a slightly modernised but very traditional font would be perfect imo!

Henrik's N°116 logo with his N°121 lettering (or with Cro's nreal from my sign ) was also great and followed the traditional unreal u calligraphy more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Note sure about these icons as both of them look too clustered. You can't actually read what it means in a small size (or even in the original size). Not sure about the circle as well, it is really needed (as circle)? Maybe a pentagon, hexagon, or evem a triangle so it has a connection to the Epic Games logo.

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    We're looking at updating the U emblem so it doesn't look as close to the Unreal Engine logo. [...] let us know if you have any other ideas.
    What does that include? I mean, the engine logo has a circle, and the UnrealEngine page color is orange. Both logos use a U in the center of the circle. If all these elements should stay, it will always look similar to the UnrealEngine logo... IMO.

PS: Since when is "UT" trademarked?

As my skills are limited and don't got the time to work on something, I quickly reviewed some of the logo concepts in this forum. Here are my favorite ones. The logo by hi-ban or Psychomorph might look very good scaled down to icon size. But they might be too simplistic and different to any previous UT title.

Spoiler

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait, I thought the purpose behind rebadging UT was to give it a fresh identity from Unreal Engine in the first place.

How about this as an option for Unreal Engine in lieu of changing the UT badge yet again?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually Henrik's U is too different than the familiar Unreal engine logo to me, why do you want to alienate it?
    A much more conservative update of the U and adding such a stylish T like those would be much better imo.

P.S.:
    UT or Unreal the game is the name giver of this engine and very much identified with it. I would think it's a great loss to use different logos for game and engine. I'm always proud as a UT fan to tell people how many of their games are on Unreal engine, adding "which is the engine of the best game: Unreal Tournament."
    I think Unreal and UT should always be the showcase and home games for the unreal engine. Epic should have updated the UE3 U on release of UE4 (instead of using the UE3 U with a little 4 added), then we could just create a matching T to the new U and both would be distinguishable but corresponding like it should be imo.
    Last edited by TheoRiginal; 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, can't help but think the T just looks out of place there. Maybe adding a gun silhouette or something would work better...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what about making the engine icon UE? These look strange, could get used to them. End of the day its a icon i click to play my fav game, not too fussed so long as it starts the game.

keep up the good work guys

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Logo Emblem

Logo Emblem

Hey all!

We're looking at updating the U emblem so it doesn't look as close to the Unreal Engine logo. Henrik forwarded us some designs and we had Erik here take a stab at it as well. Here is what we've come up with.

We'd like to have your input and let us know if you have any other ideas. Remember that the emblem will need to scale down to icon size and still be readable.

Thank you!

Attached Files
Working...
X