No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of nonsense? Why are you wasting time on it? All games in the series was only U not to be confused with the icon of the engine, just paint in other colors. For example, as here. Left for game. Right for engine.

Что за бред? Зачем вы тратите на это время?У всех игр серии была только U. Чтобы не путали со значком движка, просто покрасьте в другие цвета. Например, как здесь. Слева для игры. Справа для движка.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
      not to be confused with the icon of the engine...
      Left for game. Right for engine.
      I think you already confused them, current UE icon is on the left.
      ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Edited by Cro: Me so confused.
        Last edited by Crotale; 02-06-2015, 07:50 AM.
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I dunno, the smaller T is better but I still wouldn't even call it "good" (no offense implied, it is not "bad" either). I agree with everyone that is saying it abandons the simple elegance of previous UT icons. That's why I'd go for some kind of image (of a gun, fire effect, character, etc) with the iconic U if that kind of distinction is really necessary.

Definitely the ones with equally sized T look cramped and off balance. The smaller T only works better in this case because it doesn't off balance the icon as much as the other ones do, but it does still throw it off and it simply doesn't look as good as any previous UT icon.
          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Here's something completely different. Been contemplating this idea since I started on the logo last year but always found the UT trophy too complex. So I've simplified it here to something more recognizable at a glance as being a trophy. So there are other routes to go with this than slapping in a T imo.

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
            Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

A very good idea. I like this emblem. It's Tournament. And classical U in a place.

P.S. Stick into trophy logo U with around. Will generally cool.
              Last edited by Raixs; 02-04-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

The trophy silhouette is actually an excellent idea.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

A bold move, I'm just waiting for the nostalgia crowd raging. :P

I personally quite enjoyed that idea.

Comment

Trophy logo (especially black gradient imo, but I'm personally no fan of orange) looks very cool, I'm only not happy with the u! It's still tribal-like but not a cool calligraphy anymore like the engine U was.
                    But that's apparently "sidetracking this thread off a cliff" and no valid option anymore.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

I never said you aren't free to state your opinions, not that it's under my control anyway. I was making a request that's all. Glad to see the trophy emblem is catching on though.
                      Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 02-04-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I liked Psychomorph's minimalist concept, and I made one teeny change.

Attached Files

Comment

Was bored and decided to design a shirt based off the trophy look:

Attached Files

Comment

Is there a vector version of the new U (and the U+Trophy) so I can toy around with it a little bit?
                            I'm a huge UT99 fan but I like the idea of the trophy and U combination. But the trophy looks too scooby-doo cartoony like, right now.
                            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Wow, with this triangle/shield and the u cut-out it looks even better!
                              If that was the original U and yellow or red on black instead of orange on grey, I'd order one immediately!

Great job, would make awesome tournament price and UT merchandise Tshirts!

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Originally posted by TheoRiginal View Post
                                Wow, with this triangle/shield and the u cut-out it looks even better!
                                If that was the original U and yellow or red on black instead of orange on grey, I'd order one immediately!

Great job, would make awesome tournament price and UT merchandise Tshirts!
                                Thanks. I think gold/orange is a pretty good theme especially for a trophy and it's what they're going with, but I could easily imagine red and blue team variants.

Papercoffee: Could you elaborate? It's meant to iconize, that is "read" well at any size, therefore it must be at least somewhat cartoony.

Comment

Working...
                                X