Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited by Cro: Off-topic post removed.
    Last edited by Crotale; 02-06-2015, 07:54 AM.
    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

It's not necessarily a case of "crimson square or maroon square" if they can be sold on something a little more unique.

I just do not see why the UT emblem had to be yet again modified when it should have been the Engine emblem to have received an updated look differentiating it from the other
      Why would they retroactively change all branding for UE4, something which came long before the new UT was even a twinkle in their eye. UT is still in development, they should have the right to continue to develop the branding for it until they're satisfied.
      Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 02-05-2015, 08:29 AM.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        It's not necessarily a case of "crimson square or maroon square" if they can be sold on something a little more unique.
        I am referring to the big T/ little T options presented.

Why would they retroactively change all branding for UE4, something which came long before the new UT was even a twinkle in their eye. UT is still in development, they should have the right to continue to develop the branding for it until they're satisfied.
        I must be missing a HUGE chunk of the puzzle. I am under the impression Epic is going to be using your UT emblem as the UE4 emblem. Is this not correct? If not, then why else modify the UT emblem yet again? Again, was it not the intent of your design to create a unique emblem that could not be confused with the Engine emblem?

Yes, Epic reserves the right to rebrand to their heart's content. UT2007 was rebranded as UT3, with an updated logo, but that came with some new changes that necessitated the rebrand. As I said, I must be missing a big chunk of the conversation.
        Last edited by Crotale; 02-05-2015, 08:44 AM.
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak
          so it doesn't look as close to the Unreal Engine logo
          Sounds pretty clear to me. Seems like you are assuming random things and confusing the issue because I never said anything about them updating the UE4 logo to match and neither did they to my knowledge, and that would indeed be very contradictory to the above statement. Every past UT emblem has been the same or similar to the UE one, but it looks like they wish to break with that and further define each brand in its own direction. That's it. That's all. If I'm mistaken, they're welcome to correct me.

Comment

****, here we go again. Logo madness! :P
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Henrik, thank you for clarifying. I really did not quite get the whole change idea at all or where it came from.

Are these emblems not readily distinctive from each other? Oh well, I await other concepts from you.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Crotale; 02-05-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                Henrik, thank you for clarifying. I really did not quite get the whole change idea at all or where it came from.

Are these emblems not readily distinctive from each other?
                They are not. They are stylized in the same way and have both a circle around the U. Thats quite similar if you ask me, and even more for someone outside of the community.

I guess the main problem is, that the UE4 with its logo is more of a public trademark now, with the subscription model EPIC has. And they want it to be uniquely recognizable.

Comment

Would be a much better way to update the U for every new engine generation (Keep the UE3 U for UDK, modernise it for UE4) and use the new engine U with a T, trophy or any other deco for UT so it's clearly distinguishable from the engine logo. I only have problems with Henrik's U being too little traditional (a cool tribal but not enough the unreal calligraphy), if the U was unreal iconic enough for me, I would consider both T logos perfect aswell, I dont think it debalances the design. Of course 2 letter symbols always look more busy than 1 letter ones, but UT should get his 2 letters while the engine should keep the U only and both U's must match (& both engine and UT must get the 4) for me.

P.S.:
                  I'd like to order Henrik's T-shirt in red on black but with a U more like the UE3 U!
                  Or yellow on black! Yellow = Gold, Orange is only bronze or construction area for me.
                  Last edited by TheoRiginal; 02-05-2015, 02:17 PM.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Instead of Adding T to the U letter to cuttent style of logos i would prefer even replace the U with UDmg silhuette. To show what I mean, here's an example of my idea, it's not my proposition for the logo, just an IDEA.

I used this oval logo shape because of decent look.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...T%29-Logo-take

btw it's one of best logos out there on the forum. We should use it to make new official logo. why? take a look

Just perfect. The only flaw is the U + "hidden" T emblem. That kind of tricks are barely visible and spoils overall impression.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by phoraxx; 02-05-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

papercoffee, you can use the shot tags. [ shot]link[/ shot] sans spaces.
                      Unfortunately this only seems to work with quite large horizontal pictures.
                      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
                        Instead of Adding T to the U letter to cuttent style of logos i would prefer even replace the U with UDmg silhuette. To show what I mean, here's an example of my idea, it's not my proposition for the logo, just an IDEA.

The UDamage-like symbol conflicts with the oval shape.
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Overall I'm still committed to working with the existing U and/or crescent, but throwing a couple of wild cards in the mix. Here are 5 more sketches.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
                            They are not. They are stylized in the same way and have both a circle around the U. Thats quite similar if you ask me, and even more for someone outside of the community.

I guess the main problem is, that the UE4 with its logo is more of a public trademark now, with the subscription model EPIC has. And they want it to be uniquely recognizable.
                            No, they are surely not stylized the same way, other than you have a spikey U shape inside some form of circular shape. A baseball and the moon are both spheres but I doubt anyone would confuse the two. I hope this does not come across as offensive, but considering the accommodations, adding a T to the design is not going to make the logo or emblem any more iconic than it is right now.

Henrik, are you tinkering with the idea of possibly reformatting the logo layout, to maybe make the text separate from the emblem, or do you plan to stick with the current layout?
                            Last edited by Crotale; 02-05-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

A bit a too thick ring compared to the tiny axis stripes imo, but very nice new idea with the crosshair!
                              All of these achieve it great to keep the eSports factor high, they look sporty and shout out tournament (+orange says "under construction" to me, fits now but should get red or another color for final product imo ).
                              It's just a pity you all want to go away from the genious UE3 U calligraphy so much. If I was Epic I'd try to get Henrik together with the creator of the UE3 U to modernise it slightly and make two iconic and distinguishable logos out of it: a clean UE4 logo and a sporty, stylish UT4 logo.

To summarize what I take as the best from this thread:
                              • More traditional & iconic U and 2 distinguishable logos for UE4 and UT4 out of it
                              • Henrik's trophy shirt as exclusive Epic Tournament price or merchandise
                              • Modernised trophy collection for all gametypes, CW- and PUG-winners ingame
                              Last edited by TheoRiginal; 02-05-2015, 10:23 PM.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Henrik, are you tinkering with the idea of possibly reformatting the logo layout, to maybe make the text separate from the emblem, or do you plan to stick with the current layout?
                                I'm not doing anything to the full text logo, they've said that's fine as it is, this is only for standalone emblem purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X