Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    I like how you effectively closed the circle, but the rest of the hoop looks clumsy around the U's points. Henrik's solution is much more refined.
    If you see elements you like why not combine them, or maybe it will inspire you to extrapolate in a new direction, then post it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea they are changing color codes and likely more. fortnite is now the UT orange.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First thing I noticed on the new launcher, is the lack of UE and UT logo ... I guess soon we will know more, what direction EPIC wants to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like how you effectively closed the circle, but the rest of the hoop looks clumsy around the U's points. Henrik's solution is much more refined.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thread needs more layouts... Quick, dirty, and flat this time. Much like my first girlfriend in high school.

Yes the border lines could use to line up or the white sit entirely within the black. It's just an illustration of a few slight changes that makes a bit of a difference in the feel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If there are more people who want to keep the same iconic U than people who want to change it to the Udamage (which is my impression), but Epic wants the "U in circle" reserved for the unreal engine, so UT is a clearly distuinguishable own label, I would totally go with something like the composition of the original post with the same u as the engine (maybe italicised or the T put normal like the U normally is). The "wrong" U was all that disturbed me in this composition, it's perfect in every other way for me. The T shape closes the circle nicely. Couldn't you experiment a bit with the authentic unreal U (or only conservatively changed) while making the difference between UT and UE clear by a really nice "UT" composition like this, Henrik?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Elmur:
    Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post
    Lol almost sounds like looking a gift horse in the mouth. You did basically say to do what I wanted. Just for future edification. When transferring files for editing- 150dpi or better yet 300+dpi is best. Also the higher the res the better. 1024x1024 isn't really hi-res anymore. Additionally when exporting to psd from Corel it rasterizes the files and flattens to a single layer or at least that is what the .psd you uploaded was. a 72 dpi raster graphic @1024x1024 with a compression level of 5. Meaning that it basically needed recreated from scratch. Not that that was difficult mind you. A couple simple vector shapes is all. I'd offer you the .psd but based off that critique I doubt you want it. Plus without photoshop it wont do you a lot of good. Though I seem to recall you can get a legacy version of the app (like cs1 or 2 something like that) for free straight from adobe.
    Oh no, my honest feedback doesn't mean at all I'm any less thankful! I appreciated it a lot, it was a different approach than I would go, that's just what it should be to give new inspiration! So you should of course do whatever you feel right, but you cant conclude from this that everything would be exactly my taste aswell, obviously. I never wanted to speak bad about your voluntary service, just giving you my honest (subjective) feedback and thanks. But never take feedback about (art) work you did (and which is a matter of taste) any personal. My feedback to the art piece was "inspiring, but not really my taste", while a personal feedback to you would be "Really cool guy for having made an own version of my logo!"
    Also yes, I've got PS CS2 but never work with it because I have no idea of it so far...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S.:
    Another very stylish wallpaper, Cro!
    Last edited by TheoRiginal; 03-01-2015, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree, Brizz. Not that this should be exact method or style, but something along these lines might be effective at capturing the old school charm with some "next class" appeal. The emblem itself does a good job at working with certain types of effects, such as this one. Disregard the "bottle cap." I just thought the effect there looked cool. And in case Mr. Perna reads this, I do not use Kai's Power Tools. I do this stuff manually.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...le-d81uqrr.jpg
    Last edited by Crotale; 03-01-2015, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just prefer something hammered out of metal and not real keen on making it look sporty and trendy and sacrificing that grittiness. I get having a more clean and crisp game but let's not overcompensate because of UT3, right? We risk losing the UT DNA just because of style by going too far that direction, too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I still like where it's going. As for Chris hating FX I don't really know but I hate ultra flat windows8. I think the stylization that Henrik is doing is a good middle ground, it has some weight to it (not ultra flat) but it's not a 90's bevel look. I would be happy with UT if it went that route.

7am is some definite dedication, what with the revolution talk with the logo I can see why.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    I made that at 7 am on no sleep, it was mainly to help you visualize part of what could be done.
    Sorry Henrik. Nothing like irritating forum banter on no sleep.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    elmur which font is it in our sig?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For what I can gather, the style depends greatly on Epic's plans. Seems to me Chris has a serious distaste for any sort of effects. I tried not to take it as an insult when he said that the effects looked on my early designs last summer looked like I had used a plugin such as Kai's Power Tools. Oh well, probably a good thing I don't get paid to do this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made that at 7 am on no sleep, it was mainly to help you visualize part of what could be done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    This is an improvement for sure. Would be interesting to see a darker blue and a raised but non-beveled U. It also looks like a different blue than the menu bar but part of that is the highlights on the beveling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Henrik
    I like what you did to the "Tournament" but the rest of the design still looks too weak to me. As much of a fan I am of the old U bevel it looks out of place. To me the U bevel looks too much like a just a photoshop filter and sticks out like a sore thumb, it might be a better route to go with a much less thick bevel on the U. Not digging the gradient on the circle swish either but a good start to "fixing" Epic's chosen colors.

I'd still take the stronger contrast version but the stroke styling added to it does have a more "sleek" feel. They both give off a different vibe but the more contrasted and flat look makes me think it would be spraypainted on a wall instead of cut out, out of metal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X