Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    For clarification, these were my submissions, and they were only meant to communicate the idea, not be completely final.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Let's not start sidetracking this thread off a cliff by suggesting entirely new logos, the solution is potentially a simple one. Initially my thought was that most of the work was already done with my logo with the U's negative space, so I elaborated on that further. They asked for a different approach with the T off to the side. I do not think that using the T from "TOURNAMENT" would work, at least not in that way as seen in the OP.

There are still different approaches worth trying potentially, and I ask that you bear with me and let me come up with a better solution if you, the community are not satisfied. This isn't about Epic not being satisfied with the full text logo, it's about fine tuning the emblem-only version for more recognizability as UT specifically.
    I'm not much of a fan of the logo but I have mentioned the majority my grump with it (earth-tones vomits) elsewhere. So I am gonna ignore all that and attempt to focus on the actual topic at hand. Which is an icon that fits with your already designed logo. Besides lord knows, given my history, that I am just gonna make my own logo anyway and use that instead. However enough verbal meandering, on to the topic at hand...

I personally agree with you about the negative space. But I would probably have gone with the contrasting grey of the swoosh for the T.

Option 2 that came to my mind was to create a variant were the U was the negative space, the swoosh was orange or maybe still grey, and the internal area plus an outer around the swoosh was the contrasting color for the logo. However when I went to mock this up for illustration purposes I discovered that the swoosh was far from forming a perfect circle and this messed with my OCD so I decided to drop it lest I waste several hours remaking it for a simple illustration that is hopefully adequately conveyed with words.

Another thought was that there may be a way (that isn't ridiculous looking) to turn the swoosh into the cap on the T.
    Last edited by [GZU]Elmur_fud; 02-05-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Overall I'm still committed to working with the existing U and/or crescent, but throwing a couple of wild cards in the mix. Here are 5 more sketches.

The U-damage and even more the cross-hair style icon are my favorites ...very clear and simple.
      The cross-hair style icon says FPS to me.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Overall I'm still committed to working with the existing U and/or crescent, but throwing a couple of wild cards in the mix. Here are 5 more sketches.

I think the crosshair one looks okay.
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I like the U Damage in the crosshair, but I feel there is no logic to creating an emblem that uses glyphs or shapes that do no exist in the logo this way.
          Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I think the "U" itself still looks the best. The trophy looks good too. Try doing a crosshair version with 4 spirally blades forming the outer "ring" where the grey is, maybe that will look great. Because the a plain crosshair doesn't fit with the curved nature of the U.

Comment

Moar stuff to consider - 1 completely new idea, one old but revised, and another resubmitted since it still fits as an alternative emblem and sets UT apart imo.

Flag emblem seems to work best iconized.

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Out of that group I like the flag.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

flag one works suprisingly good

Comment

Here's one I kinda threw together for fun, just to explore the idea.

Attached Files

Comment

Just another thought...

Though they don't scale down real well past 64x64...

Though the orange/white/black color scheme combined with the term UT has me thinking:

Comment

you keep commenting on the colors elmur but aren't the colors in your sig virtually identical?

Comment

Here's one I kinda threw together for fun, just to explore the idea.
                          Hm... Too much Tron like.

But of the other three ideas is the Flag the most interesting one ...can you combine it with the crescent part of the UE4 Icon?
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                            Hm... Too much Tron like.

But of the other three ideas is the Flag the most interesting one ...can you combine it with the crescent part of the UE4 Icon?
                            i think that would crowd it and ruin icon readability which is why i didn't do such a version.

Comment

you keep commenting on the colors elmur but aren't the colors in your sig virtually identical?
                              Other then the saturation levels(I like vivid lively colors not dull dead ones), which is my only grump, the colors in my sig intentionally match the games. Orange is one of my favorite colors but not baby diarrhea orange... That last comment though had nothing to do with the colors themselves and everything to do with the coincidental (I'm sure) resemblance to the University of Texas' colors and the shared UT monicker. The fonts are totally different as is the shade of orange generally speaking. I may be from Texas but I couldn't care less about football so it had just then occurred to me that there was a similarity.

Comment

I like the flag too, could consider making the U on it that same golden color? I really like that color-scheme of gold/yellow + grey that you have in the other icons.
                                Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Working...
                                X