No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like that flag icon. It is one of the better solution although the flag shape itself is not part of the logo.
    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
      I like the flag too, could consider making the U on it that same golden color? I really like that color-scheme of gold/yellow + grey that you have in the other icons.
      I'd like to at least see this too.
      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new is what I say. The logo's above me look like a modern take on a classic logo. I vote for that.
          Current Projects

WIP: Weapon Inspect Animation: CLICK ME

Comment

Its my favorite too from the beginning. From those 4 I like most the black and white one.

But I dont think EPIC is looking for a whole new style.

Comment

Attached Files
              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                Looks like you have Quake shortcuts all set up....
                Jim Brown
                @EntropicDev
                Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                  Looks like you have Quake shortcuts all set up....
                  ROFL, burn?
                  HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                  BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Not really a fan of this thread, I think the UE4 and UT4 logos are different enough but I guess if we're going for absolutely no possible confusion then Henrik's flag looks the best for a UT game but it might be not modern enough and too classic?

For ultra simplicity I would go with Henrik's first "U" "T" logo with both letters. It doesn't really change the design that much since the crescents have always been a secondary thing to all of the UT logos. The others just feel like they are convoluted and don't mesh well trying to force the T into negative space, or when it's positive space but a darker gray it clashes with the clarity of seeing the U on its own and I don't like the clash of style jumping from the cresents and the U to a completely different T.

I also don't really see the need to even have this thread we mocked up many different iterations of colors, color alone can set the engine apart from the game just like the game from the editor. The icon for the engine looks like a sticker or a button and I don't get that from the game icons we've had.

U damage as the icon is kind of a mixed bag, it doesn't instantly read as a a U and instead looks like a symbol. Very quake like as Jim pointed out. Since Unreal and UT have always been a recognizable letter not a symbol I don't think we should stray that far away from UT DNA.
                    Last edited by FirebornForm; 02-07-2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

It's hard to bring balance into a design with a big T. U and T are very different letters, it's difficult to make a stylish emblem that incorporates them as "equals". One option included below goes for an urbanized approach, but I doubt that would win too many fans.

I'm just going to post these random leftover sketches here and see if they spark any further discussion or design ideas, otherwise I'm leaving this for now as overall, I believe the existing logo / emblem is workable or one of the provided options, and it seems most people agree that we don't need to start from scratch.

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

4 and 5 to move well interesting idea. Namely - icon in form of a trophy. I think we should develop this particular. The idea with the flag not bad, but a feeling that in game is most important mode - Capture the Flag.

4 и 5 хорошо двигают интересную идею. А именно - иконка в виде трофея. Думаю, надо развивать именно эту. Идея с флагом тоже неплохая, но создаётся ощущение, что в игре самый главный режим - это Захват Флага.

Comment

Numbers 4 and 5 are suitable candidates for a replacement, but when stand alone are elementally disconnected from the logo. If I may suggest, replace the fancy U shape in the text with the matching font U. Eliminate the crescent thingy as well. Add the Trophy U emblem in below the text. I am sure there are several ways to align all the elements, but I re-iterate that the stand alone emblem should be incorporated in the main logo design or else you face the disconnect by those persons who are unfamiliar with the franchise, which is why Epic has made this request.

Comment

I actually really like those sharp trophy looks of 4 and 5 for the top row, and they are far less "Cartoony" and retro styled than the other trophy look. If we were to replace the icon with a completely different shape that trophy shape is quite good and probably preferable over the flag icon. My only crits on it would be that the trophy shape gets a bit lost at smallest sizes due to the style of outlines instead of solid shapes. I can still see the U at tiny size but the rest of the icon not so much.

Comment

The UT in the square frame looks great ...maybe instead with crescent shape surrounding it?
                              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

My name is Henrik and I am a design addict...

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X