• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not feeling that one

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      Not feeling that one
      Agreed. It definitely doesn't say "It's time to lob Flak and ride Nali cows" to me.

Comment

Quick update - We're taking a logos that are done and will try to narrow it down to a few.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
        Stacey Conley
        -----------------------------
        Unreal Tournament Community Manager
        Epic Games, Inc.
        Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          Quick update - We're taking a logos that are done and will try to narrow it down to a few.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
          Good to hear.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Definitely liking the trophy icons.
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

These ones make so much sense and the "it's not a modern trophy" argument against them is bogus - we're still using diskets and envelopes as icons. You can't possibly see this and not think "tournament", I think that's what's important about an icon\logo.
              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Is there no movement on the logo at all? This thread shows just how little consideration was given to it in the first place. Please don't misunderstand that as "little effort" because I've been following these forums for a while and saw the whole logo design process unfold in the way that it did and there's no questioning the effort involved. It seems to me that Epic jumped the gun slightly with this and have gone with an awkward concept of mis-matched type that does not reduce well and adapt at all the the applications required (hence this thread and it's 100+ variants). Now we've been living with this for a while, would it really hurt to take another fresh look at it?

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                  These ones make so much sense and the "it's not a modern trophy" argument against them is bogus - we're still using diskets and envelopes as icons. You can't possibly see this and not think "tournament", I think that's what's important about an icon\logo.
                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                  Well, you can look at them and think "sporting event" which I think is a bigger concern because it's more of the 2k3 vibe (I don't mind it because I love 2k3 but certain people will hate it for no reason).
                  HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                  BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Brizz, I don't get why anyone fails to connect "tournament" to a sporting event or game, of which a trophy is a universal representation.
                    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                      My name is Henrik and I am a design addict...

The way it flows reminds me of the Toyota 86 emblem...

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                        I agree and that being said, think there's still room for improvement. I especially like the way it scales down, but I can probably do more to make the large version cool. right now the circular insets almost give it the impression of ears rather than handles. But I don't think it looks like a standard trophy, only just enough to make it obvious what it's supposed to be. If we can "Unrealify" that in a smooth way then in my book it's a winner.

But we also have to see what direction Epic really wants to go in here.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                          My name is Henrik and I am a design addict...

Am afraid if it wasn't posted here, and I just saw it somewhere in the wild, I would have no idea that this is related to UT.
                          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Yes, it's somewhat abstract and takes some figuring out, but that was sort of the idea. Again, just exploration.

Comment

Well, you can look at them and think "sporting event"
                              Unreal Tournament IS a sport, right? Sure, some games embraced it less or more, but in the core it always was. Even the original UT had a trophy on the boxa...
                              Oh I guess that's what you were going for
                              And people say they don't like it because it reminds them of UT2k? I think those people are very confused...

Comment

I personally very much like UT to be seen as a crazy scifi sports thing set in the future where these different factions from various planets come together. I just can't find a more logical theme to build the game upon. I think UT3 went in the wrong direction to come away from the tournament theme, to me it didn't work very well at all and made the "story"-part rather uninteresting, so much I didn't even bother finishing one campaign round.

It's so easy to build content upon the tournament theme, it also fits very well with this Marketplace concept of custom cosmetics and just fits e-sports atmosphere perfectly and saves time and trouble coming up with an interesting story and cutscenes which doesn't have to be as deeply dwelved into if the game simply resolves around this tournament aspect.

So a sporty logo wouldn't hurt IMO.
                                Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 02-13-2015, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X