Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
    Scrolling, scrolling, suddenly... my entire screen is a giant blue U!

blue who?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Scrolling, scrolling, suddenly... my entire screen is a giant blue U!

On the subject of the blue colors change I'm not really sure if I like it or not. I was finally getting used to the orange, and it was a nice in-between the classic gold and something modern. Even UT3 stuck to "metallic" colors.
    A straight blue U is a huge step away from UT norm so it will take time to see if it sits with me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gah my eyes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    Fair, I probably meant "pop" or something. It just stood out a lot more which is what I think you're saying.
    Exactly what I am saying. Furthermore upon the subject of the colors I find it interesting that they chose blue. Basically, if you go by the color wheel, blue is the exact opposite of orange. AKA its polar negative. They literally did a 180. It's as if somebody said 'Hey throw that in photoshop and hit invert! That ought to freak them out.'.

Edit:
    Since somebody was hatin on chrome a while back, I am gonna beat this mule 'til its black and blue... I'd apologize for that pun, but then I'd have to find the I lied gif.
    [2000x2000] for anybody's legacy desires.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Flak; 02-27-2015, 08:34 PM. Reason: Because Blue is Sir Launcelot's favorite color and I don't want him mad because you saw what he did to that wedding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post
    While I didn't find the saturation levels of the orange that they had very "punchy"... In GD orange is considered a warm color and both blue and grey are cold ones. So much of the contrast that was there went away.
    Fair, I probably meant "pop" or something. It just stood out a lot more which is what I think you're saying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    It's too understated for my taste and I'm sure for a lot of people it's going to feel like UT200X all over again.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I liked the punchiness of the orange a lot better. Now it's very muted and unaggressive.
    While I didn't find the saturation levels of the orange that they had very "punchy"... In GD orange is considered a warm color and both blue and grey are cold ones. So much of the contrast that was there went away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd rather UE4 for the engine, and just U for UT to be honest. In any acse it doesn't seem like any of us are making any sort of headway. I would be interested to hear from Epic as to how much of a difference they want between the logos, as I don't really think the initial statement has been terribly clear.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly, it looks clunky and comical. It makes no sense in terms of flow with that left inner swoop cut like that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
    Actually I think the T cut out is superficial and doesn't really benefit the logo at all. UT has always been a U, trying to force in a negative T isn't necessary and I feel the same about this for the official UT4 circle logo as well. I would much rather have a cool U than something trying to be a U and a T at the same time. That's the main reason I definitely don't like the other U negative T logos when the T is much more apparent, at least the official one isn't as punching you in the face with a T.
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    I mainly tried to make it "there if you want it to be there", if you don't then it really isn't. I did not modify the geometry in any significant way to accomodate it, like making the inside swoop into a sharp corner, imo that just looks awkward on all the designs I have seen try it.
    Hmm okay. I think the T should be clearly there or not at all. Since changing the inner of the UE U to a T is very little intrusive to the iconic shape, I put it there.
    With my newest edition I'm happy with the U shape itself and dont mind the T cut out, even if pushed out strongly:

This looks like a sporty and traditionally iconic UT logo to me, it even scales down well I would say.
    But if the majority is against the T cutout, I'd also be cool with a (conservative!) modernisation of the UE U and an additional T for the UT emblem like the logos in the OP here suggested,
    I just care for the iconic U shape.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I mainly tried to make it "there if you want it to be there", if you don't then it really isn't. I did not modify the geometry in any significant way to accomodate it, like making the inside swoop into a sharp corner, imo that just looks awkward on all the designs I have seen try it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually I think the T cut out is superficial and doesn't really benefit the logo at all. UT has always been a U, trying to force in a negative T isn't necessary and I feel the same about this for the official UT4 circle logo as well. I would much rather have a cool U than something trying to be a U and a T at the same time. That's the main reason I definitely don't like the other U negative T logos when the T is much more apparent, at least the official one isn't as punching you in the face with a T.

Leave a comment:

• replied

You guys are just too radical! Why not keeping what's most iconic and traditional as it is?
    UDamage shape is perfect already and the Unreal Engine U is also amazing iconic and just needs slight modernisation and a T cut out!

Last edited by TheoRiginal; 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe! Though I'm sure the Skarrj logo of the U damage definitely has a ton of fans (like myself) and it would get a lot of pushback trying to change it. For something called "U-damage" it does seem appropriate for it to be something like the Unreal U.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That might be a good look for the UDamage though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Danielito View Post
    I'll throw in some old concepts of rococoa I always liked (as inspiration (!)), as most iterations on the actual logo are only weighted/slanted differently and most ppl seem to dislike a UAmp as a "U".

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I think they look kinda elegant, modern and new, yet have the classic influences everyone wants. Maybe it gives some new ideas and directions for you concepters out there ...
    The divide of the U may be interesting but it hurts the brand recognition too much. People will not know that it's a U for UT that they're looking at and at first glance it looks like a stylized 2 I's or similar shapes, but not really a letter U.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X