Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Difference is that the text "Half Life" is not used in the same font as the logo. Same with legal use of Unreal Engine logo and tag line.

I get what you are saying about the logo being used in various formats. I have brought this up time and time again, to no avail. I can only assume Epic wants to minimize varied formats of the logo and emblem to as to help solidify a new identity for the UT brand.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When they have finally chosen where they want to go emblem wise then I will try to work out some various combination/style guidelines properly. For now there isn't any real use changing the banner when it may very well be temporary.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    As a prime example, Beyond Unreal has had the Unreal U shape in place of the text U in their logo for like, forever. Works just fine.
    I know it works for everyone who knows UNREAL and UNREAL TOURAMENT. But another prime example is Half Life. It is written as Hλlf-Life (which translates to Hllf-Life in ANSI). But "Half-Life" and the official writing (containing the lambda) is registered trademark. But VALVE still uses "Half Life" if readabilty is important. Just like on their main product page (on the top).

There are many different things in marketing/press and not everything has to be one single "logo". There can be several different ones. There should be some guideline as Epic is already doing for the engine:
    https://de45xmedrsdbp.cloudfront.net...-455099555.pdf

There might be some cases where the game is called "(U)NREAL TOURANMENT" (or "(UNREAL TOURNAMENT") as there is no official clear writing in any branding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see what you are saying. You modified the logo's format due to a shorter banner table. While the shorter table looks better (that wide open space is a bit barren) it ruins the logo. This is yet one more reason why I prefer Henrik's newer concept, as it is far more flexible:

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...0&d=1424652502

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't move it for the purpose of the look. The size didn't allow it to have "(U)NREAL" to be readable. So because of the better readability I added that additional U. I also added that small space/gap. I decreased the icon size to 60%.
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 02-25-2015, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As a prime example, Beyond Unreal has had the Unreal U shape in place of the text U in their logo for like, forever. Works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied

looks fine to me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As the icon itself is the "(U)", and "NREAL TOURNMANET" doesn't fit well to that size and I added the "U" to "NREAL". And the full name is "Unreal Tournament" which should be recogizable in clear type. That banner is basically a combination of the icon and the product name with adapted form and color of the official logo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why add an extra U in there. YemYam did something similar on his weapon WIP screenshots but simply moved the TOURNAMENT up in the existing logo, imo that looks better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since the logo and forum is about to change (had changes), can we actually get a proper banner now (and not a logo)? The format of the logo doesn' fit well for this forum as it takes up too much space. I quickly re-arranged the logo to fulfill a banner format and it could look like this:

Old forum logo example:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Example with banner:
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i suspect the blue and grey header on the forum simply matches the theme. at least the white one, haven't checked the other.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's too understated for my taste and I'm sure for a lot of people it's going to feel like UT200X all over again.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I liked the punchiness of the orange a lot better. Now it's very muted and unaggressive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting. I wonder what drove these color choices.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the new colors a lot better (although I don't mind orange for the alpha stage of the game - expresses "under construction" for me)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those lines will probably disappear at icon sizes. One other thing is that we tried the split U previously and most of the team nixed the idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X