[sketchbook] -logos and batches-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] [sketchbook] -logos and batches-

So ...I start my own thread where I want to work on the remaining designs of the weapon companies logos.
    regarding this list http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Category:Corporations are some left

[strike]But first some logos and batches I made for UT99 projects.[/strike]
    I put them into my gallery... This thread is now for the corporate logos designs, only.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by papercoffee; 03-28-2017, 10:33 AM.
    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

That could be a gamemode icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Gladiator View Post
      That could be a gamemode icon.
      It is the official logo for Monster-Hunt 2 Gold
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

My try on the Trident CI.
        I don't want to go too fancy on the letters and work more on the Logo... for me is this a serious weapon manufacturer.
        And they want to show seriousness through their CI ...but they are also a little bit vain.

Next will be Schultz-Metzger where I will take inspiration from Crotale's version.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oooook ....a little bit more playful then I imagined it in my head.
          But maybe I'm still on the right track?
          Anyway... here the Schultz-Metzger Logo. I imagine them as Traditionalists, because they still create propellant based weapons.

With different text placement.

Ok ...now I'm waiting for feedback.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by papercoffee; 07-31-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Love the Trident logo, the solid white one is best.

Comment

What a brilliant idea.
              This sort of stuff often gets overlooked so you see a lot of recycling.

Having the components for making the decorations, arena posters and adverts etc. will allow a lot of variety
              Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

@Flay
                It's not my idea ...Crotale and HenrikRyosa had this idea long before me but they stopped development on this.

@All
                So... I need constructive critic now... what is on the right track what can be improved.
                What do you like on the logos and what not.

Comment

Well the Trident one is fine as is IMO. The text for Schultz Metzger kinda bugs me though. What if the text was actually inscripted onto slightly thicker cog pieces? Or perhaps on the bullet itself?

Comment

I dig the Trident one, not the Schultz-Metzger one though. I would scrap the latter one and try different approaches.
                    Find My: Twitter | YouTube | Downloads | Podcast
                    Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol
                    Other: Lore | Invasion | Pickups & Powerups | Achievement Ideas

Comment

I hope my feedback is welcomed. The SM logo graphic is interesting but I would suggest more exploration. The Trident graphic is slick yet simple. The font styles are okay, but as both Gooba and Henrik have advised me, be wary of using premade fonts as they may say they are free to use license, a font may be a clone of a licensed font that you may not be able to legally use.

I was working on various font styles and moved away from "free" fonts. This is my suggestion, more than anything else right now.
                      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                        I hope my feedback is welcomed. The SM logo graphic is interesting but I would suggest more exploration. The Trident graphic is slick yet simple. The font styles are okay, but as both Gooba and Henrik have advised me, be wary of using premade fonts as they may say they are free to use license, a font may be a clone of a licensed font that you may not be able to legally use.

I was working on various font styles and moved away from "free" fonts. This is my suggestion, more than anything else right now.
                        Your feedback is more than welcome.
                        Soooo ...I have to make my own fonts, huh? How can I avoid accusations to be a font-thief if a font I create is too close to a existing one? Their are bazillions of fonts out there and you can't reinvent the wheel. Hm...

-Trident uses the Lucida Sans font as base, but it got edited. If I "trace" it with slightly changes then I'm on the safe side?

-S&M uses an unedited Brush Script Std (yes unlicensed) ...Ok this one was more a test and I will try something different here.
                        The graphic is too noisy?

Comment

Well, I may have mis-phrased that a bit. Naturally, you want the graphic to be front and center in the attention gathering side, but the font should be unique. I know what you mean about the sheer number of styles and designs, as I have searched through thousands of fonts. My suggestion here is to experiment by blending styles to find some unique designs. Typography is a learned process, at least for me it is.
                          Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Thanks ...I'll come up with something different. But I like the cogwheel and bullet design for S-M.
                            Hm... maybe more simplifying.

Comment

Another round!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by papercoffee; 08-16-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X