New Taunts Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig the new taunt test anims so far.

A few other ideas for consideration. For the losing team (or rather anytime anybody feels like using it), maybe a taunt where they: 1. throw a tantrum (laying on their bellies, flailing their arms and legs); 2. get down on their knees and start crying while hitting the ground with their fists; 3. look down at the ground and "kick the dirt" like a pouting child.

For the winning team: 1. some of those yoga poses you see people doing in various self-shots (kind of like planking, but more "hipster"y); 2. backflips followed by the Olympic style "arms-up I'm done" pose; 3. Break-dancing spins (back/head etc.); 4. One armed push-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by meowcatbuf View Post
      I dig the new taunt test anims so far.

A few other ideas for consideration. For the losing team (or rather anytime anybody feels like using it), maybe a taunt where they: 1. throw a tantrum (laying on their bellies, flailing their arms and legs); 2. get down on their knees and start crying while hitting the ground with their fists; 3. look down at the ground and "kick the dirt" like a pouting child.

For the winning team: 1. some of those yoga poses you see people doing in various self-shots (kind of like planking, but more "hipster"y); 2. backflips followed by the Olympic style "arms-up I'm done" pose; 3. Break-dancing spins (back/head etc.); 4. One armed push-ups.
      The losing ones seem a bit too cartoony I think for the game (tantrum, looking at you!) though it DOES make me laugh. I think it would break the feel a bit too hard though, haha. Crying might be something possible, or like.. falling down with hands up at the sky like "why!??!?!"

Winners: I love the backflip idea! I might try that next. Not something I can film myself doing, so I'll just jump into it
      Break dancing is also a cool one. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

Okay guys, did some more today.

Might do more later, but! The results: 4 animations. 2 of which suggested by chat watchers.
        Backflip, Roar, Fist Pump, Facepalm
        Thanks for that, Flak and _Lynx!
        Mewocatbuf- I did your backflip suggestion. though I changed the ending pose a bit.

Here is the twitch recording: http://www.twitch.tv/lightningarts/b/601804908

Which got half muted by copyright claims since.. oh no- I was listening to music while recording this. Heaven forbid.
        Irony: people listening didn't know some of the music, and by listening to the stream, they decided to check out some new bands. So, you're welcome, labels.

Comment

R.E.D. those turned out great! I like the ending pose for the backflip.

Comment

Thanks Meow!

I did some more tonight- rather, one more. But it was a step up in complexity

Wanted to just get a basic bouncy dance for now, but I'm considering trying out some actual breakdance stuff.

Comment

Here we go, some actual breakdancing moves!

I would definitely enjoy doing this at the end of a won match

Recording here: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/359716

Comment

Holy cr@p R.E.D.! That last batch is great! I wouldn't mind one bit if all of these made the game .
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

`haha that are some great moves
                  good work hope there making it in the game

Comment

Thanks guys!

Animations are on the low priority for Epic at the moment, I think (could be wrong?). But the moment I get some requests to put these into the game, I'll jump right on it.

I think nearly every one I've done could have another pass on them at some level, but didn't want to super refine things until I have a proper rig to use, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by R.E.D. View Post
                      Thanks guys!

Animations are on the low priority for Epic at the moment, I think (could be wrong?). But the moment I get some requests to put these into the game, I'll jump right on it.

I think nearly every one I've done could have another pass on them at some level, but didn't want to super refine things until I have a proper rig to use, etc.
                      Well, when Epic is ready, I have a feeling they'll be knocking on your door.
                      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

well thats what I was saying, the taunts are endless and you can cancel it whenever you want.
                        EXAMPLE:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HJnW0GLDVE
                        that taunt goes on forever, as soon as you click though, it cancels out of it.

Comment

Taunts are kind of pointless with out the ability to cancel out of them instantly. Currently your just a sitting duck while performing one.

Dont get me wrong i love taunting and you guys are doing a amazing job.
                          Last edited by code187; 01-05-2015, 06:46 AM.
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by PlutonianG View Post
                            well thats what I was saying, the taunts are endless and you can cancel it whenever you want.
                            EXAMPLE:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HJnW0GLDVE
                            that taunt goes on forever, as soon as you click though, it cancels out of it.
                            That taunt is really impressive! I'm curious how it works in game though, as soon as you click, do you just appear back in idle with all those props vanishing? Or does the character have to step off the chair, etc, as shown in that video? Because that would be too long a response time I think for a game like UT.

Personally with this game I'm of the mind that a taunt should end instantly- props and all, the second you hit any key at all. All the stuff I've been making would, I hope, be instantly something you can cancel if you touch a button. All previous UTs have never locked you into one, so we definitely shouldn't start now. Code's comment makes me think that isn't the case currently, so I'm not sure why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by R.E.D. View Post
                              That taunt is really impressive! I'm curious how it works in game though, as soon as you click, do you just appear back in idle with all those props vanishing? Or does the character have to step off the chair, etc, as shown in that video? Because that would be too long a response time I think for a game like UT.

Personally with this game I'm of the mind that a taunt should end instantly- props and all, the second you hit any key at all. All the stuff I've been making would, I hope, be instantly something you can cancel if you touch a button. All previous UTs have never locked you into one, so we definitely shouldn't start now. Code's comment makes me think that isn't the case currently, so I'm not sure why that is.
                              that one taunt has a cancel out of animation, just think of it as a "penalty" for one of the coolest taunts ever. however this taunt: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Conga is instantly cancel-able. if you want to see the other taunts (they're really off the wall) you can go here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Taunts

Comment

These are really cool, Pluto, thanks!

They have the laughing mockery animation I really want to do (though more stylized obviously). And I thought about doing a "playing the guitar" animation with a flag carrier.So good refs.

One thing thats interesting is that their weapons all disappear instantly as soon as the taunt starts. What do you guys think about that? Do you think we should have weapons just poof away? it would sure make things easier on the animation side of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X