New Taunts Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.E.D these are awesome and hilarious!

I hope all of these and more make it into the game.

Might have to have it so when you press your taunt button "g" or whatever, it bring up a menu 1 - 9 for different emotions then it gives you 9 moves to choose out of that emotion.

e.g

g - bring up menu

1 - Killer - As in you are the killer, with 1 - 9 dif moves.
    2 - Rage - Obvious and as above 1 -9 dif moves.
    3 - Dance -
    4 - ect ect ect

So g 1 1 would be the first taunt under the killer menu. g 1 2 the second ect
    Last edited by Heir-Apparent; 01-19-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heir-Apparent View Post
      R.E.D these are awesome and hilarious!

I hope all of these and more make it into the game.

Might have to have it so when you press your taunt button "g" or whatever, it bring up a menu 1 - 9 for different emotions then it gives you 9 moves to choose out of that emotion.

e.g

g - bring up menu

1 - Killer - As in you are the killer, with 1 - 9 dif moves.
      2 - Rage - Obvious and as above 1 -9 dif moves.
      3 - Dance -
      4 - ect ect ect

So g 1 1 would be the first taunt under the killer menu. g 1 2 the second ect
      Thanks buddy!

Not a bad idea on the organizing system for having them, yeah. I'd like something a little quicker than what past games had- which was a sea of menus. I mean, besides the j k l ;

I've been talking with Epic about what they'd like me to do, and right now things are temporarily on hold while a new rig is being finished. However, I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks anyway, so it works out.

There will be more to come! promise!

Comment

Last post I made about this was almost 2 months ago, just wanted to say that I know the rig is going to be ready really soon, and I'm super excited about getting some real tangible stuff happening.
        All of these have been ideas, sort of like sketches. But soon I'm going to get these to a more finished state

Of anyone who has read this thread: Do you have favorites you'd like to see me hit? I have my own, but I'm really interested in hearing from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by R.E.D. View Post
          Last post I made about this was almost 2 months ago, just wanted to say that I know the rig is going to be ready really soon, and I'm super excited about getting some real tangible stuff happening.
          All of these have been ideas, sort of like sketches. But soon I'm going to get these to a more finished state

Of anyone who has read this thread: Do you have favorites you'd like to see me hit? I have my own, but I'm really interested in hearing from you guys.
          I'm partial to the backflip and the enforcer spin. All of the flag ones are great too for CTF.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

No chances for a Revolver Ocelot inspired double gun spin routine for twin Enforcers, is there?

Comment

Hey C. Raven! Thanks! That taunt is craaaaaazy long, haha. But Maybe. Certainly parts about it for sure. The sideways spin, etc.

M^ul: Awesome, thanks man
              I want to do way more flag things, I have just been waiting for the rig first...

Comment

I've recently gotten my hands on the UT4 rig, and I've been trying a bunch of things with it. I did a cut throat test (which was posted in the legacy taunts discussion) but today I have a more complex one:

There are also a handful of issues I've found with it, and I'm trying to iron those out with Jeremy (the tech artist at Epic) before I post a big breakdown of how it is working with it. I figured this way I can kind of be the guinea pig and smooth out the problems before everyone else has to use it. But if anyone wants the rig sooner, let me know!

Comment

And now for something.. completely different.

Last edited by R.E.D.; 03-30-2015, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Hey ya'll,

It's been ages since I made a peep on here, sorry about that.
                    After GDC I was able to get that new rig but then I had tons going on that has prevented me from really getting back to it. It's been a long, and frankly hard road to get back to some sense of normalcy for me, but I definitely- 100%, want to do stuff for this.

And hey, I saw there was a Q/A answer about blendshapes on the July 8th stream. Definitely would like to play with that at some time, so it seems cool.

Epic has been really helpful and patient with me during the last few months, and I really appreciate it. I know taunt animations aren't necessarily a huge deal, so I don't expect I'm holding anyone up, but it's still something I wish I was finding more time with. I want to thank all the guys at Epic for helping out with any and all questions (and more to come!) I've had.
                    Every so often I poke my head in here and see if anyone is doing other animation work, but it seems not, huh? Time to roll up the sleeves...
                    Last edited by R.E.D.; 08-13-2015, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Seriously, I can't wait to see more custom taunts and crazy anim stuff! I just can't do anything beyond basic skeletal animation, So I leave it to pros like you! Show us some awesome moves!

Comment

I just watched the last stream from earlier today.
                        "Will there be dance taunts like breakdancing and such"
                        YEAH. I NEED TO GET ON THIS!
                        Ahhhhhmmmmmsoorrrryyy!

Comment

Hay RED since we're about to get a few female characters how's about making a tweak taunt...
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Code: I bet you mean "twerk".
                            I'll think about it.

Comment

I'll think about it.
                              I dunno... I really, really want to see mr. Necris twerk it like his momma ain't watch'n.

Comment

I'll think about it.

yes that's what i meant ;p
                                Join the community Facebook page
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Working...
                                X