Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quotidian's character sketches, models and misc doodles thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [CONCEPT ART] Quotidian's character sketches, models and misc doodles thread

    I figured I'd make one thread where I could post/blog about stuff I'm doing instead of having a bunch of different threads going on at once... I'm not committing to finishing anything I post here though, but here goes:

    Started sculpting a heavier take on skaarj than the official Epic model. It's built around the malcom ztl, so it should still fit the standard animation skeleton

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    not sure how something like this would work with the skeleton, but UT needs way more varied and funny characters than just super fit army/necris dudes.. without going into the realm of horrible designs like Mr. Crow or the nightmare characters from UT2003

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    New alien race sketch. I want to go for something cat/lion-like, imagine a bunch of fur on this thing.. you can't see it here, but I have some ideas bouncing around

    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

    #2
    I like all of these, especially the first 2 and most especially the skaarj. Seems like a hybrid to me due to the wide traps, which would be awesome. Facewise it blows all the other versions I've seen out of the water.

    The idea of a fat slob character is great and really breaks up the thematic monotony in a way that even an alien wouldn't.

    Slobs and old dudes - I like your way of thinking.
    Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 08-06-2015, 10:25 PM.

    UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

    Comment


      #3
      thanks!

      Comment


        #4
        I stink at photobashing, and the pose makes zero sense... and it ended up being way more generic than I intended, but the idea was to sort of reference Cthulu in the design. The yellow eyes, the pipes and the small "wings."

        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
        Last edited by Quotidian; 08-09-2015, 08:10 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          Did a quick head sculpt



          Gooba called his sketch for the character "Bucket," I'm calling him Bouquet... "Aloïs Bouquet, space scoundrel, raconteur and good-natured pirate."
          Last edited by Quotidian; 08-17-2015, 09:42 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
            "Aloïs Bouquet, space scoundrel, raconteur and pirate."
            Enchanté!

            Comment


              #7
              found some time to open zbrush again, revisited my skaarj

              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                I stink at photobashing, and the pose makes zero sense... and it ended up being way more generic than I intended, but the idea was to sort of reference Cthulu in the design. The yellow eyes, the pipes and the small "wings."

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                found some time to open zbrush again, revisited my skaarj

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                I'm loving your work, man! keep showing us progress!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Thanks! I appreciate it

                  Here's a first sketch for a character I've been thinking about for a while.

                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                  The idea is that there are a bunch of precursors to the Necris existing in the Unreal universe, most of them are failed experiments at infusing humans with nanoblack. So here the nanoblack has eaten away at the flesh, and the skull is showing through

                  (I didn't model the skull)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                    The idea is that there are a bunch of precursors to the Necris existing in the Unreal universe, most of them are failed experiments at infusing humans with nanoblack. So here the nanoblack has eaten away at the flesh, and the skull is showing through

                    (I didn't model the skull)
                    Soooo the person no longer exists and this character is only living Nanoblack wrapped around the bones?
                    If yes, creepy as Hell ...and I like it.
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                      Thanks! I appreciate it

                      Here's a first sketch for a character I've been thinking about for a while.

                      (screenshot]

                      The idea is that there are a bunch of precursors to the Necris existing in the Unreal universe, most of them are failed experiments at infusing humans with nanoblack. So here the nanoblack has eaten away at the flesh, and the skull is showing through

                      (I didn't model the skull)
                      ****, how did I miss this thread, lots of neat stuff here!

                      I would suggest to put some mechanical eyes (I think Gorn in UT99 had these) into the skull, that could make for a good "realistic nightmare" faction or possibly a new Abaddon.

                      By the way, the Cthulu in the concept art in your earlier posts definitely shows through, it looks pretty neat! I would suggest to iterate on that one some more or put it into 3D.
                      For some reason I also think it would be very interesting if that was actually a female character below that intimidating mask!
                      Last edited by Sly.; 11-02-2015, 06:52 PM.
                      S l y .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Quotidian View Post
                        here the nanoblack has eaten away at the flesh, and the skull is showing through
                        I think that's a great idea.
                        Can be one of the elite/last unlocked high ranking necris characters.
                        3D Artist looking for work.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X