Diva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Diva

There's a Russian Internet joke about a guy trying to sell a moped which didn't belong to him, nobody will get it except Russians I guess, but anyways, this is kinda what I'm trying to do x)

So, some guy contacted me a while ago about my Diva concept

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

and asked if I'm going to model it. I said no, but convinced him to try it himself
    This is his DA page: http://bianor.deviantart.com
    He basically knew pretty much nothing about modeling for games and started with this:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

During the next few weeks I was providing some feedback in skype and in the end he got this:

Which I personally think is a good progress for someone who didn't sculpt before at all.
    The problem is that he doesn't speak English, so I'm posting these screenshots on behalf of him. Though I hope he will register here at some point, but for now both of us will be reading your comments so any feedback (especially paintovers) is appreciated.

For me personally this isn't quite Diva, looks more like Asp or Cleopatra, I think she should be more like this (it's one of the earlier paintovers I did for him):

but there's definitely some Egyptian vibe to it which I think is good. The main purpose of the project is having fun anyways, whether it's Diva or not it still might be a cool Egyptian character.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

These are beautiful Aberiu!
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Very beautiful, which character it's then supposed to be. I liked the huge variety of characters in UT2k4, I guess some people could find eqyptians odd in UT but I personally think they fit just fine really. Just look at floating temples in sky, aka. CTF-Face, don't need to say more. xD

I'm honestly blown away for some1 who hasn't done this stuff before.

Comment

It indeed looks great and having a mentor like that must be an awesome way to learn!
        Last edited by Zargøthrax; 08-11-2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I hope to see Diva in game. I hate pseudo realism and boring Nolan-style among the characters.

Comment

Nice start.
            But it would be nice if youy could give her a slightly more colder, and less extravagant look than in 2K4 / Championship.
            I personally like the more realistic style of UT4
            Maybe you can take some ideas like materials and accessories from this concept ?
            https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post180409

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
              Nice start.
              But it would be nice if youy could give her a slightly more colder, and less extravagant look than in 2K4 / Championship.
              I personally like the more realistic style of UT4
              Maybe you can take some ideas like materials and accessories from this concept ?
              https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post180409
              But Aberiu's concept is such a QT3.14!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
                But Aberiu's concept is such a QT3.14!
                It took me 1 minute to understand what you did mean with "QT3.14".

...now I'm facepalming myself.
                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Hi there!
                  WIP wig in helmet-style:

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Aberiu.

Just saw this now....gonna give it a bash.
                    I'll do a paint over and try out some standalone portraits too.
                    Perfect opportunity to dip into the Egyptian stuff.
                    Wooot.

Comment

Hate to say it, but it was looking really great until that last one.

The last pic looks like you are trying to model a futuristic Lady Gaga.

Comment

That hair helmet is rad!
                        Definitely an interesting direction.
                        Current Projects
                        Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                        Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

One from prototype suit. Not for Diva, but futuristic egyptian style.

Attached Files

Comment

I think this needs some more bling-bling. *j/k* Looks great!

Comment

Bianor
                              Hey, it's so nice work. Beauty and clear. A similar style is now in very short supply in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X