No announcement yet.

Jakob (Thundercrash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that is Jakob. Just a quick glance and you can tell even just by the head alone. This is what he looks like in a more photorealistic sense, without ditching all the features away. Keep it up Vailias!
    Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Yep it look **** good Vailias
      Stevie's corner
      Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Pardon the delay in updates. Been a busy week. Put in some more time on him tonight. Got the ears into better shape and made tweaks all over. Widened the face at the cheekbone like I planned and it made a big difference.
        not feeling done (neck definitely needs some love), but feeling like the head is getting close to done.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Another, with a different temporary material that shows the form a bit differently.
        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Could you make a smoother curve on the lower lip?
          I mean, it looks like a piranha chewed it. It is probably the concept drawing's fault, though.

I still feel that the glasses should be bigger, more like the ones in the 2k4 version, or maybe those on the concept. But for now they are good as a placeholder.

Here a repaint of one of your pics. Notice the smoother lip:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/5uFuqc6.png[/screenshot]
          Last edited by hi-ban; 09-17-2015, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Cheers! I likely did go overboard with that lower lip asymmetry. Fixed that, reworked the minor forms of the lips a lot, added some eye detail. added some skin texture everywhere, sculpted the neck, enlarged the glasses.
            Also I changed the material definition and got some studio like light environments, and baked in some vertex level AO(what a huge difference that makes).
            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Awesome work!

Maybe have a look at Erik King known for playing Sgt. James "Surprise Muther F***er" Doakes, as he has a REALLY distinctive look.

Comment

Cant wait to frag this *******!
                GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

@kazeo: Thanks! That guy made for great reference for some pieces that needed attention.
                  I think he's just about done. The dreads will need proper handling, but I'm thinking I'll get better results with them as just low poly texture work.
                  I'm thinking I'll move on to the body soon. I feel like the ThunderCrash need a suit with more prominent eagle, even if its just their base light duty gear.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice job ! He kinda looks older than Gooba's concept, and I think he would need slightly wider glasses, but that's an awesome work !
                      Now I'm curious about your take on the body...

Comment

Could you try enlarging the mouth a bit? I feel like it is still a bit small...

Comment

I don't know if the mouth is not wide enough or just the nose which is too big...

Comment

Eyes feel slightly too close together to me.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

i think the mouth should be wider, and the lower lip a bit bigger. Maybe the nose tip could be a bit shorter. And the hair should cover more of his forehead.
                              Here is a repaint, with the original to compare:

[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/aYhPYFY.png[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://www.newtonsworkshop.com/links/ForumImages/Jakob_Progress_0930_glasses.jpg[/screenshot]

The glasses still don't convince me, but glasses are supposed to be accesories in UT4, so it's not too important.
                              Last edited by hi-ban; 10-01-2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks all!

Thanks for the paint-over Hi-Ban.
                                The lip width change really does help.
                                The glasses look like melted plastic. I haven't touched them in weeks, but they aren't anywhere close to being acceptable for final. Don't worry about it too much, they'll get replaced. They're just enough of a placeholder to check the relative Jakobness of the face.
                                I'll bring the main body of the nose up a bit so there's more space for the lips as well as making the overall nose length less.
                                @Wail: Hmm. Yeah a few MM wider set will help the balance of the face. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X