No announcement yet.

Jakob (Thundercrash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vailias I just wanted to say you're doing a fantastic job so far bro keep going with the model looks great.

Comment

Amazing ! he looks so badass!
      MY VOICE DEMOS POST|| MY SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

Thanks for the kind words!
        Pardon the lack of updates. Real life keeps me from putting epic type hours in on just this guy.

I've made a lot of small adjustments to the face. Nose and lips and also smoothed some of the eye wrinkles a bit.

Also got some work in on a base body(thanks epic for a nice piece to start from!). This *is not combat armor* this is the bodysuit underneath. (Think UnderArmor compression tops or G-form cycling gear) Playing with some shapes for the eagle. In this case the idea is its some kind of energy absorbing foam compound like GForm makes.

I nixed the dread blockout as it was just detracting from the overall presentation at this point. Will get the real dreads in eventually.
        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Great job so far Vilias ! Wich software do you use for sculpting, Z-brush or Mudbox ?
          Some quick humble thoughts :

1 - The nose seems a little bit "angular", i don't know.
          2 - If you look at e1vp picture of the singing guy, the skin folds here are more "horizontal".
          3 - Could use a little smoothing.
          4 - I don't know if it's the lack of eyelashes yet, but this part seems "too big" for me.
          Overall i think you should lower the "height" of the folds (specially on the forehead) and add more 'skins texture' in order to rejuvenate him a little and match hi-ban reference.

Anyway good job again, keep going !
          Attached Files

Comment

Cheers all. Its been longer than intended between updates, but I'm still working on this guy when I can.
            I've added a starter lower body, some initial knee and lower thigh padding based on Gooba's concept. Boots are from the existing Thundercrash guy.

Comment

Been working on the chest piece. Also did a quick material treatment to see how it would look in with metallic gold for the chest eagle.

Comment

Very nice, can't wait to see him finished

Comment

Update time:
                  Its been a while, but I've still been working on this guy. Textures are in progress, but feeling fairly solid. He's quite a bit darker than Taye on purpose. On the one hand I like having the deeper skin tone, on the other, its hard to make out his features in the darker parts of maps.

The eyes are shockingly bright. They're using an identical version of the eye shader that Taye uses, but I may need to turn that down a bit.

These are all shots from the editor, as I haven't been able to get it to successfully cook to a version that can be selected in game yet. Going to have to do some more experimenting to get that process to work.
                  ( click for full 4k screenshot)

Coming soon to a tournament near you.

Once the new build drops I'll take on the hair in earnest. Cannot wait to mess with that dithered occlusion mapping with temporal AA smoothing.

edit:

here's how he looks in 3dCoat where I'm doing the texturing.
                  Last edited by Vailias; 01-31-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Minor Update:

Thanks to Slaught and KingAZ for sharing their skin process. Looks like you need a direct subclass from UTCharacterContent rather than any of its derived classes.

Since he's at least working, I'm making him available for download in the current state, so if you want to have more variety, you can. (Note this should be considered an early alpha release so there may be visual glitches and bugs still present in this version. )

Comment

Nice work, glad I could help!
                      Current Projects
                      Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                      Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Great work!
                        If there is one thing i could say i don't like about it, it's that the face looks too old for being Jakob.

Comment

Hey Vailias do you plan to add his dreads as a cosmetic item down the line?
                          Would be awesome!
                          Current Projects
                          Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                          Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Vailias View Post

Since he's at least working, I'm making him available for download in the current state, so if you want to have more variety, you can. (Note this should be considered an early alpha release so there may be visual glitches and bugs still present in this version. )
                            The only thing that appear bit weird to me is the skin color. It look orange instead of brown. Like he got a sunburn but from a can. Except that, it look awesome!

I've download it but it doesn't appear ingame?

Can you plz repost a new 4.11 compatible pack
                            Stevie's corner
                            Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Same about skin color, it's too dark and doesn't give justice to your 3d work. IMO there's no need to go darker than Taye, then details and dreads won't stand out.
                              Can't wait to see him with final hair, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
                                Hey Vailias do you plan to add his dreads as a cosmetic item down the line?
                                Would be awesome!
                                Yep. Planning on it. Did some tests with the new TxAA dithering and hair shader the other night to see how those work.

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                                Great work!
                                If there is one thing i could say i don't like about it, it's that the face looks too old for being Jakob.
                                Originally posted by toninus View Post
                                Same about skin color, it's too dark and doesn't give justice to your 3d work. IMO there's no need to go darker than Taye, then details and dreads won't stand out.
                                Can't wait to see him with final hair, then.
                                Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                                The only thing that appear bit weird to me is the skin color. It look orange instead of brown. Like he got a sunburn but from a can. Except that, it look awesome!
                                Noted. When I started this I was thinking we were looking at a time after all the other tournaments, so he'd have aged a bit with the stress and time.
                                I can soften the features and wrinkles a bit which should make him look a bit younger.
                                As far as the color: I wonder if the orange is a monitor calibration thing or a shader thing. I'll pull the saturation back a bit in the shader. Some of the other textures need to be revisited anyway as there's some very odd shading happening when he's backlit.
                                Also, Taye looks to be on the lighter side of the spectrum in game. I do want Jakob to be of a deeper shade, but still to be readable.
                                Taye is really desaturated by comparison. I'll make some adjustments.

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                                Can you plz repost a new 4.11 compatible pack
                                Link updated!

Comment

Working...
                                X