Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it could be "surfing the winds". We don't know how windy it could be on Na Pali, maybe you usually only encounter it in canyons where there's a nearly constant stream of wind allowing it to rise very easily off the ground and land just as comfortable? Or maybe it even rests on a water surface of a pond or crashes into water and sleeps there?

Either way, the wing arm changes I made are just a proposition to try to find a common ground between new and old, showing it can have more mobility and potentially still make at least some sense (and some "fingers" at the tip). I already told Metalfist I tried not to move too far from the new approach so the scale pattern can also be easily applied on that one.
    Last edited by Sly.; 11-14-2015, 12:55 PM.
    S l y .

Comment

An slightly different approach... slightly.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I can imagine that the Gasbag (or Gasbug ) fly with help of a fluid in his body which blocks gravitation. The amount of this fluid decide how high this creature can fly. If the back body got shot and fluid is lost will it fall down slowly but can still attack on foot ...uhm hand ...because flying all the time means stress for the body. The Gasbag is most of the time on its hands and get only in the air if it hunt for prey or defend their nest.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by papercoffee; 11-14-2015, 10:41 PM.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Oooooo I love that

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
          An slightly different approach... slightly.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I can imagine that the Gasbag (or Gasbug ) fly with help of a fluid in his body which blocks gravitation. The amount of this fluid decide how high this creature can fly. If the back body got shot and fluid is lost will it fall down slowly but can still attack on foot ...uhm hand ...because flying all the time means stress for the body. The Gasbag is most of the time on its hands and get only in the air if it hunt for prey or defend their nest.
          This is kind of what I was thinking when I was suggesting using arachnid as inspiration. It might be a bit far from the Gasbag historically, and I think something like Sly's concepts are worth exploring first. Still, Gasbags always struck me as kind of some environmental pest and a more arthropod/insectoid design fits that quite well.
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
            Nice paintover, Sly! Though I still like the more bat-like wing structure, the extra details added by your paintover make the Ray-like wings a bit more believable. It still suffers from the problem I have understanding how this creature would land, either on a cliff face or the bark of a tree, or even just flat ground, I don't see how this Ray-like manta could survive day-to-day life.
            Technically, I always thought that Mantas when they want to land they drift slowly to the place they want to rest, preferably a place with plenty of landing space, when it desires to fly it'll flap its wings in a galloping motion before it takes off, it's suppose to be a majestic Manta-Ray like flying, too much bat-like structuring would kinda kill the mood.

Comment

Where we at with this?
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                Where we at with this?
                I can't speak for the other artists here, but I am planning on getting a license for Maya LT tonight and finish up the Nali Cow this week. It's been retopo'd and just needs UVs, baking and materials. Then I'll hand it to any animators who want to play with it.
                Last edited by KazeoHin-TechAE; 11-23-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Anyway, why did you stop working on the remake of Unreal? We could've already made some models for the pickups, at least. And the BSP shell was already complete, as far as I was aware... (Remember the old video Tidal Blast made which still has the WIP Enforcer from UT?)
                  Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Anyway, why did you stop working on the remake of Unreal? We could've already made some models for the pickups, at least. And the BSP shell was already complete, as far as I was aware... (Remember the old video Tidal Blast made which still has the WIP Enforcer from UT?)
                    I never really worked on the remake, in fact I was one of the guys suggesting against it! I worked on monsters first and foremost, and held the idea of "If the remake ever happens, you can feel free to use these monsters". My REAL objective is to get the best version of Invasion into UT ASAP.

Comment

Why were you against the remake?

Comment

Why were you against the remake?
                        I personally thought it was too ambitious and was not in the best interests of Epic's UT project. I think the idea of having a single-player or cooperative mode in this new UT is great! but the Unreal remake was aiming to be a completely different game from UT, essentially: with different movement, weapons and art assets. It was double-handling a lot of work.

Comment

Whats this thread about btw.?
                          Maybe like Doom2 - Unreal monsters
                          comin in da Bronxes or something?
                          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

wow, this is so cool hahaha

I wish Epic would consider opening up a remake for Unreal(1998), because it would slap the new DOOM around like a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by sw33tf34r View Post
                              wow, this is so cool hahaha

I wish Epic would consider opening up a remake for Unreal(1998), because it would slap the new DOOM around like a *****.
                              In terms of environments, not much work has been done by the community for Unreal Tournament - Multiplayer and, well, it's a big task. I'd rather see the community focus on building the world and environment assets for UT and only later start to think about mods and remakes. And once those environment assets are finally available, Epic and the community could even focus on a Unreal III, Invasion or else.
                              Last edited by 3Dmatic; 11-24-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Get the Invasion in first guys with the updated Monster Models and THEN we'll talk a Remake, since that'll help efforts in UT Development, and it's not like we have a group dedicated to one thing and the other, if we all work together on this then we can talk remakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X