Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On that note, it's going to be pretty awesome if Epic uses Unreal III to explore the Human-Skaarj War period as a consequence of Prisoner 849's actions in the first game, climax it in the 7-Day Siege, maybe show the events from P849's perspective, maybe even have him/her join the humans in the war, and maybe also feature Na Pali and/or the Skaarj homeworld, and if the former is chosen then maybe use that opportunity to re-use some of the things and places from the alpha and beta versions, as well as the expansion pack that was supposedly announced around Unreal's release and was to be developed in-house at Epic until UT took all their time (some of them sounding quite awesome, and it's unfortunate they didn't manage to get into the actual game).
    The new UT is coming along nicely...
    Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

    Comment


      Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
      On that note, it's going to be pretty awesome if Epic uses Unreal III to explore the Human-Skaarj War period as a consequence of Prisoner 849's actions in the first game, climax it in the 7-Day Siege, maybe show the events from P849's perspective, maybe even have him/her join the humans in the war, and maybe also feature Na Pali and/or the Skaarj homeworld, and if the former is chosen then maybe use that opportunity to re-use some of the things and places from the alpha and beta versions, as well as the expansion pack that was supposedly announced around Unreal's release and was to be developed in-house at Epic until UT took all their time (some of them sounding quite awesome, and it's unfortunate they didn't manage to get into the actual game).
      Your recognition of the possibilities of the lore in the Unreal universe is making me drool. There are so many things you could do, and this might even make a pretty decent "scenario" for an invasion level!! I was real big into invasion in 2k4, and I really hope it comes back, but who knows - we might be able to bring back the old but also make something new!!
      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
      Frag video featuring Rookie
      Frag video featuring Phantaci
      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

      Comment


        Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
        this might even make a pretty decent "scenario" for an invasion level!!
        It has. Remember AS-Mothership?
        The new UT is coming along nicely...
        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

        Comment


          Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
          It has. Remember AS-Mothership?
          heck yes i do, but what i'm describing basicaly amount to a simplistic classic DOOM level played in nightmare mode :P
          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
          Frag video featuring Rookie
          Frag video featuring Phantaci
          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

          Comment


            Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
            heck yes i do, but what i'm describing basicaly amount to a simplistic classic DOOM level played in nightmare mode :P
            One game that does the 'horde mode' gameplay REALLY well is Serious Sam 3. I've been playing it through again recently and the variety of monsters compounded by the sheer ammount of enemies on-screen make it so amazing to play.

            I would aim to have the V1.0 invasion to be similar to that. Lots of enemies, spawning in waves. Each enemy has certain strengths and weaknesses, every gun is useful in some way.. That sort of gameplay is golden when done right.

            Comment


              Human\Skaarj war Fallout 4 mod, sounds goood

              Comment


                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                Sorry for the long time without an update: But this is the WIP lowpoly cow in a PBR render. Unfortunately Unreal Editor is not letting me import ANY meshes from any file format, so we won't see this cow inside of Unreal Tournament until that is sorted out!

                Comment


                  Do you have any with weapons on it? (of the cow)
                  Join the community Facebook page
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

                  Comment


                    I'm planning on having a few different 'types' of cows. I want people to take the basic cow and go crazy making different warcows as well.

                    My first order of business is to make a cow with a ton of TNT strapped to it, To essentially have an enemy the runs toward the player and suicides. I think that would both be funny and challenging.

                    Comment


                      So, the not so glamorous part of modelling stuf: I have to model a separate 'mouth' to go inside the cow's model to make it more realistic. Characters with lips are easy to accommodate, its the characters who DONT have lips that make the whole process a pain

                      This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                      Comment


                        How about you study the anatomy of a cow's skull?
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                          How about you study the anatomy of a cow's skull?
                          Something like this?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	variants_large_3210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	342987
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	category5_species_1485_large_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	342988
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                          Comment


                            I think he can go and do that himself...
                            The new UT is coming along nicely...
                            Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

                            Comment


                              Hi, sorry for the absence..
                              Anyway, I started to draw some more variations, but that didn't really go anywhere, so I skipped directly to sculpting instead.

                              So here's the result after some sculpting (just don't look at the feet )





                              Criticism, Ideas and comments are of course welcome.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Very nice start... but I would suggest to keep more to the silhouette of the old version ...I mean the torso is 10% shorter and the lower legs are thicker at the toes.
                                The torso and arms are very human like. I would experiment there with the thickness as well.
                                The head is nearly perfect.
                                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X