Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
    Fade in a UT logo on the moon and it's a winning wallpaper/shirt/mug/mousepad/everything
    This to your liking?

(It's very quick and dirty, sorry if you no likey <3)
    Attached Files
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

Too spiky IMO... Look at these:

Might take some screens from the model viewer in Unreal 1's UnrealEd.
      The new UT is coming along nicely...
      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

I like the spikes. Their "stony" skin fits to their habitat. As long the skin tone will be similar to Unreal 1. The old models were way to low poly to feature spikes.

The holes for the eyes are too small in my opinion. But that opinion may change as soon the eyes are in.
        Can't wait to play Invasion or Monster Hunt with these new models. Awesome work Kazeo!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
          Now that my cow is what I would consider "Done for Now", I've started detailing out my Titan. I got a lot done this weekend, I don't know when I'll be able to have this much free-time in the future, so hopefully I'll be able to show more progress before the new year!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          I like the head details. You did well to add them!

About facial animations: are all UT characters (Visse, Taye, etc) animation-friendly? It would be great to use facial animations, such as in TF2: it adds more realism, even if this is an Arena FPS where everything blows up, characters included...

Originally posted by GGaben View Post
          This to your liking?

The idea is nice, but the logo needs absolutely an improvement!

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Now that my cow is what I would consider "Done for Now", I've started detailing out my Titan. I got a lot done this weekend, I don't know when I'll be able to have this much free-time in the future, so hopefully I'll be able to show more progress before the new year!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            I don't really like the rocky type skin, I think it should be more scaly/dinosaur/reptile like and doesn't look like the original Titan.
            I liked the previous version better
            ^ Although in this version the proportions of the arms and legs are wrong if you compare it to the original as that one walked more with his legs and not this gorilla stance.
            The legs were wider and the arms less thick and and we just hanging a little on the ground, not really putting much weight on it.
            -Fn>Metalfist
            ---------------------
            Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Just having spikes is alright, but to me the Titan looks busy and overly-dense in detail right now. It looks more like a crystalline being than one apparently related to rocks. And isn't it supposed to be somewhat dinosaur-like? Isn't it supposed to have scales?
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone! And yes: one of my main goals is to have it look like a re-imagined version of the original monster, more than a direct high poly conversion.

My other goal is to ensure the monster isn't too noisy and has a clear, defined form, so I may try to tone down some of the visual noise a bit. As always, I'll post more progress as it happens!

Comment

You know that does make me think, the titan you started modeling could pass as the more intimidating stone titan...

Comment

Nice spikes. https://sites.google.com/site/paulka.../TitanWIP1.JPG

The legs look weird on this design, kind of like mounds of mud.

Comment

Now that my cow is what I would consider "Done for Now", I've started detailing out my Titan.
                      I've always thought we needed some of these babies out walking around in the skybox of CTF-TitanPass.
                      Jim Brown
                      @EntropicDev
                      Epic Games

Comment

This to your liking?

This is so hilarious, they just look so curious...
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

This to your liking?

I love it!

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
                          As usual, thanks for the input everyone. Here's the new, slightly updated one:

Hey, what's progress looking like on this one? This mesh looks like it could go the distance!

Comment

Yes, I have an update on it, making the torso a bit more 'alien', was the idea.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
                              Yes, I have an update on it, making the torso a bit more 'alien', was the idea.

I really like the first one, it gives it a good alien side (especially the rift in the middle of the torso), while keeping the proud and fierce look. I find the others too human like or too aggressive and brutish (similar feeling with the UT3 kralls). I also appreciate the scales on the neck in your fourth model, as it show that it his way stronger than that of a human one, but also need a little support. Considering their crest, I supposed the neck was a weak point (or at least an important one) and they evolved to give them further protection at one point.

Comment

The first, the sixth and the seventh one are the best for me, even though the fourth one's neck has really nice details!

What are you thinking to do about the back and the limbs?

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X