Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well for invasion we should go for the Skaarjs from the Skaarj Empire, the Pure Warriors could be more ******* and a hybrid between Unreal 1 and 2 Skaarj Warriors.

Comment

So, here is a SUPER quick paintjob inside of Zbrush just kinda showing the sort of colours and patterns I want to put on the titan.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

I know it's just a quick paintover, but you should maybe use a little more grey on it. Right now it almost have like a clay like, even muddy, appearance. Some little shades of grey would give him a more solid and rocky look.
        Also I was wondering, if I remember well, the Titans were able to throw rocks by directly scrapping the floor right ? So it might be an idea to give him more claw shaped fingers, as some animals possess it to tunnel through the floor. With ape like fingers it seems way more difficult to do this kind of task, even if he possess enormous strength.

Now maybe I'm just a little too picky.

Comment

@ Darkloser
          When you see the finger of the original model here https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post214333 ...are they much more like ape fingers. The whole hand looks inspired by an orang-utan or a gibbon.

@ KazeoHin
          I like how rough the skin looks ...but I'm concerned about the legs.
          I can't put my finger on it but they look somehow off. And they are still smooth like freshly shaved.
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

As they are totally flat on the Unreal model it's actually pretty hard to tell if they were ape like or not. Only the posture is clearly looking like that of an ape and I won't contest it in any way. But I do think that we're a little more free on how the model on the fingers can be shaped, and I just wanted to point something that might be weird looking. Now it is Kazeo work, if he like it this way and think it's ok then I'm totally fine with that.

Also I think he haven't actually finished to work on the legs, he'll probably put rocky-scales on it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
              I know it's just a quick paintover, but you should maybe use a little more grey on it. Right now it almost have like a clay like, even muddy, appearance. Some little shades of grey would give him a more solid and rocky look.
              Also I was wondering, if I remember well, the Titans were able to throw rocks by directly scrapping the floor right ? So it might be an idea to give him more claw shaped fingers, as some animals possess it to tunnel through the floor. With ape like fingers it seems way more difficult to do this kind of task, even if he possess enormous strength.

Now maybe I'm just a little too picky.
              I agree with you: those hands look inappropriate for that feature.

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I can easily add some big, gnarly claws on the hands, change up the look of them a bit. I went with sort of oafish/ ape-like hands because that's always what I've imagined the titan in Unreal to have. I imagined the rocks that it throws are sort of just picked up, not quite dug out of the ground, but the idea of the creature carving up huge chunks of earth makes for a cool effect. I'll do some work on it.

And I have yet to even look at the feet.

Comment

I know how picky people get when making modern updates to old things, but maybe check out how Orga from the Godzilla series rests on his knuckles like a gorilla:

Big long gnarly fingers:

Just something to consider for fingers.
                  Attached Files
                  ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                  Frag video featuring Rookie
                  Frag video featuring Phantaci
                  Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Woah that's really similar to the Titan. The claws are quite good for that monster, but I think that they're too long, maybe too cumbersome...

Orga, prepare for allegations of plagiarism... PLZ don't ban me I'm joking

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I can easily add some big, gnarly claws on the hands, change up the look of them a bit. I went with sort of oafish/ ape-like hands because that's always what I've imagined the titan in Unreal to have. I imagined the rocks that it throws are sort of just picked up, not quite dug out of the ground, but the idea of the creature carving up huge chunks of earth makes for a cool effect. I'll do some work on it.

And I have yet to even look at the feet.
                      Yes I think we can have different views on the subject (Hard to guess how flat graphics of 1998 truly look like).
                      I know how picky people get when making modern updates to old things, but maybe check out how Orga from the Godzilla series rests on his knuckles like a gorilla:
                      It's a Rancor ! I swear it's a Rancor !

Actually this is too much. They're way too elongated. For inspiration, I was thinking about animals that actually dig the ground, like Moles, Pangolins... things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                        And if the Titan is not standing on soil but a mechanic construction like a space ship ...is it grabbing/digging chunks of metal out and throws it at the player?
                        An interesting idea.
                        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Oh, it's cool! Maybe we could add shaders/effects to the floor where the Titan took debris (both metal and rock).

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                            So, here is a SUPER quick paintjob inside of Zbrush just kinda showing the sort of colours and patterns I want to put on the titan.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I'd love to see this at human eye level for the camera and facing upwards at the Titan, just to see how it fares in that camera angle. I think it'll help show more of its character.

The cow is amazing btw. I'm really liking all the concepts and models here.
                            Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Originally posted by OMNIETY OMEGA View Post
                              I'd love to see this at human eye level for the camera and facing upwards at the Titan, just to see how it fares in that camera angle. I think it'll help show more of its character.

The cow is amazing btw. I'm really liking all the concepts and models here.
                              Thanks for the kind words! I've got another WIP shot here, and I tried to take a more in-game angle for some shots:

Comment

I really like the direction it's going, you do an amazing job.
                                The claws give a nice touch and are more in line with its clawed feet.
                                I'm kind of curious about the maw/jaw, how will it... slot ? Will the lips be next to each other when closed or the teeth (aside from the fangs and the weird incisor) will all be visible ?

Comment

Working...
                                X