Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now in this high contrast render does the rocky nature of its skin look too prominent ...I get nearly a "Thing from Fantastic 4" feeling.
    The thorn scales look just right but the smaller one on its back and neck are too bumpy and adds too much noise to its silhouette.
    Maybe bigger scale plates or more exposed rough skin could tame it.

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
    I'm kind of curious about the maw/jaw, how will it... slot ? Will the lips be next to each other when closed or the teeth (aside from the fangs and the weird incisor) will all be visible ?
    That's actually a good question ...but I think that's something we can think about when the basic look/design is done.
    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

The content in this thread looks amazing.

Can we get some of these models so that we can through them a very simple monster wave GameType?

What if we setup a tier system, but with monsters?

It's the thing to do when playing against humans and biped like bots gets boring :P

Run around and blow stuff up!
      Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

I was thinking that some of these monsters could have built in weapons...

There is a character from Quake 2 which had a rocket launcher built into the arm...cannot think of it at the moment.

Comment

Given that the robot class is being prototyped, what if some of these monsters were actually GIANT ROBOTS!

Room to have some giant hexapods.

Comment

Now if only we had someone to animate these monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
              I really like the direction it's going, you do an amazing job.
              The claws give a nice touch and are more in line with its clawed feet.
              I'm kind of curious about the maw/jaw, how will it... slot ? Will the lips be next to each other when closed or the teeth (aside from the fangs and the weird incisor) will all be visible ?
              Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
              That's actually a good question ...but I think that's something we can think about when the basic look/design is done.
              Just to give you guys a REALLY quick transpose of the way the lower and upper jaws interlock: I don't think I've been verry effective at communicating exactly what I'm doing with that yet, so here it is:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I'm trying to retain the Unreal 97 Titan's large, oafish lower-jaw, but make it at least somewhat believable. This is subject to change.

As for the hyperdetail and silhouette: Its something I'm thinking about, and its definitely on my mind. The skin surface will be rough and gravelly, a bit like a mixture of a gila monster mixed with a horn toad.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Looking at the Unreal pictures of the Titan, it seems like is lower jaw is more prominent than is upper jaw. Like a caveman, or the UT3 Kralls. I don't know if you would like to play on this feature or try a totally different approach.
                I'm kind of weirded out by this huge incisive. I would like to know, why did you choose to put it this way ?

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                  Thanks for the kind words! I've got another WIP shot here, and I tried to take a more in-game angle for some shots:

Front and side views are great, but as far as I'm concerned, hips, buttocks and thighs are over detailed: try to replace the big rocks with smaller plates, especially in the borders.

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                  Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                    Just to give you guys a REALLY quick transpose of the way the lower and upper jaws interlock: I don't think I've been verry effective at communicating exactly what I'm doing with that yet, so here it is:

I'm trying to retain the Unreal 97 Titan's large, oafish lower-jaw, but make it at least somewhat believable. This is subject to change.
                    Oooookeyyyy ...with a closed jaw does the Titan look even more like it's low poly version from Unreal. Well done!

The horn toad is a very good example for what I meant ...spikes and rough skin.
                    I looked at the (till now) newest render and noticed another flaw in this design ...how is the Titan supposed to move his arms with that much thick and narrow scale plates on shoulder, neck and his back. It's nearly like you put a weight lifter into a heavy bomb-suit ...well protected but not able to move very well.
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Jesus-H-Christmas Crackers with JAM!! I haven't looked at this thread in ages. God **** there are some amazing concept arts and model renders here. Loving the Slith and Manta work, Krall and Gasbag look great too. Hell I don't have much to say really, just keep up the great work!

Comment

Thanks man! I'm hoping we can get all these monsters ready for invasion as soon as possible! Everyone's art is amazing, the collaboration is awesome!

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
                        I exported it out to Zbrush and continued working on it. The cleanup things you need to do to the Sculptris import was a bit annoying, so for the future I would rather start sculpting in Zbrush.

Here's an update on the Slith:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22332[/ATTACH]
                        Hey, how is this going? I'd love to see the slith integrated!
                        Last edited by KazeoHin-TechAE; 12-28-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hey, sorry that I haven't posted an update on the slith yet. I've been a bit busy with being sick (no worries I'm alright now), holiday stuff, (Fallout 4) and mainly my graduation project (top priority), which is my UT level: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Facility-(WIP)

I have worked on the slith a bit, but not as much as I would have liked to.
                          I reworked him a bit and separated the spikes as different sub tool so it looks better where the skin goes over into the spike. Same with the teeth in the mouth.

I also worked a bit on the arms of the manta:

Also the titan is looking great so far !
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Metalfist; 01-04-2016, 02:37 PM.
                          -Fn>Metalfist
                          ---------------------
                          Siege Building | BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | CTF-Bedrooms2 | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

How exciting for the Slith to have a Lamprey mouth and it looks a bit stockier which is a plus.

Comment

Hey, sorry that I haven't posted an update on the slith yet. I've been a bit busy with being sick (no worries I'm alright now), holiday stuff, (Fallout 4) and mainly my graduation project (top priority), which is my UT level: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Facility-(WIP)
                              Awesome! Trust me, I understand wholeheartedly when it comes to being strapped for time! good work on the map, BTW. I've commented on the thread. Maybe I can contribute to your progress.

I have worked on the slith a bit, but not as much as I would have liked to.
                              I reworked him a bit and separated the spikes as different sub tool so it looks better where the skin goes over into the spike. Same with the teeth in the mouth.
                              Wow! This is looking awesome. I'm loving the improved proportions, This highpoly is looking close to done, from a pure geometry standpoint. Maybe a concept artist could lend us a hand when it comes to colour/skin designs.

I also worked a bit on the arms of the manta:
                              Awesome again! Both these creations will REALLY help round out the monster catalogue. Soon Wail will be spoilt for choice when it comes to monsters! I kid, but seriously, this project is getting SO much traction thanks to the hard work from community members like you! Thanks and good work!

Also the titan is looking great so far !
                              Thank you! It's getting close to 'highpoly done', then the WONDERFUL task of lowpoly and material starts up...

Comment

Hey all.

Did a bit more work on my Titan. MOST of the material work will be done using NDo, but the basic colours need to be fleshed out before that.

Comment

Working...
                                X