Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aww the nali warcow is cute!

Comment

Would be nice if someone could post some of the old models from UT99 and 2004 that we could use as reference.

Comment

The response to this thread has been amazing! I can't wait to get some progress and show you guys! Awesome discussion as well! Ah, I'm so excited!!

Comment

Yeah, nice to see people chiming in!

Hey nes710, Irridium once did an awesome job at making different views of most Unreal monsters in this post from my old thread.
          I hope I'll finally have the possibility to make use of those.
          Last edited by Sly.; 08-29-2015, 10:12 PM.
          S l y .

Comment

All I want to do is to be able to get a power-up saddle and have the ability to mount and ride that nali warcow into the sunset while running away from hoards of monsters. That's all!

Comment

Time for a nalicow-leather cowboy hat cosmetic item to suit said scenario.

When Shivaxi was hosting the Unreal RLcoop event, someone (don't recall who that was) used either the force of the Titan ground smashing or jump boots to hop on the shoulders of a Titan to ride it and punch it. It started rotating which looked like it was trying to get that person off/grab it with its hands and throw it. That should be turned into a feature for the UT Titan. Just a small remark on that. Titan riding as a useful distraction and the possibility that it could grab and throw you as a projectile if you don't pay attention.
              Last edited by Sly.; 08-29-2015, 11:06 PM.
              S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                I dont like these much - they appear some sort of
                undefined rock thangs and less like hot monster pawns.
                (Not to mention their very annoying teamglows.)
                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

If you think you can do better than Epic feel free aye, I personally think they did okay considering the limited art to work from. Then again Im sure the only people who know what a classic krall looks like are the ones who have seen the concept... If there is one. Id personally like to test gameplay sooner rather than after all the meshes are done a year down the track or whatever.

Edit: Thought this one was pretty sweet.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                Last edited by MonsOlympus; 08-30-2015, 12:18 AM.
                Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                  Yeah, nice to see people chiming in!

Hey nes710, Irridium once did an awesome job at making different views of most Unreal monsters in this post from my old thread.
                  I hope I'll finally have the possibility to make use of those.
                  I remember seeing that post before thanks Irridium, I'm going to go ahead and post them here too:

Comment

I know I am quite literally doing the OPPOSITE of what I said earlier, but I got the urge to straighten up the Skarj model I made earlier. I probably won't put much more work into this one for a bit, as I do really want to get the titan up-to-snuff.

Comment

Unreal 2 had some monsters/animals too.

Drakk (queen Drakk as a potential boss, reminds me a little like the older Cephalopod alien designs from Crysis 1)

Shian

Izarian

Kai

Tosc (potential boss)

Unreal 1 Dragon (this is one monster I really want to see in the gametype as a boss)

UT3 Old Krall Concepts

Skaarj (a few very old Skaarj sketches)

This Skaarj head/face is one of the most expressive and probably still one of my most favourite. It looks very deadly and looks like something that will actually strike fear into victims (just got to fix up the tusks and do a few tweaks to the side of the head).

If we could bring all this to life in today's graphics, it would be amazing.
                      Last edited by OMNIETY OMEGA; 08-30-2015, 03:24 AM.
                      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

I think Unreal 2 monsters are more than welcome! I would love to see the izarians and hell spiders!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                          I think Unreal 2 monsters are more than welcome! I would love to see the izarians and hell spiders!
                          Seagoats fivever.
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

You could in addition to capturing their look, can also enhance their behavior patterns, Krall should be more of the suppression type foe but they will melee you if you get close, the Titan should act a bit more apeish since we see it pounding it's chest and ground, perhaps sometimes it charges on all fours but slow enough to side step, Skaarj Trooper Class should be more incline to stay to the range their weapons are meant for, like the Skaarj Snipers tend not to move much and shoot from a distance, Skaarj Gunners should wield Rocket Launchers and Miniguns since they're basically the Heavy equivalent should focus on laying cover fire, the shield mechanic should be interesting as they could form a shield and slowly move closer or dash across, and I think it's dense enough to do a shield bash with it.

Comment

Those are nice thoughts, Hunterman. Innovative thinking is what these monsters would profit from. The same old behaviour would not surprise anyone at all after all.
                              Coders/Blueprinters should definitely keep those in mind when making prototypes!
                              Last edited by Sly.; 08-30-2015, 08:05 PM.
                              S l y .

Comment

Thanks Sly, I got another set of suggestions, Perhaps the Slith can continuously swim instead of just floating in place, makes aiming slightly harder for you if it keeps moving like an actual fish, Brutes can still berserk but their tactics change as they reach a certain threshold, maybe instead of just running up to you, it can charge and fire at the same time, closing the distance while putting pressure on you, Mercenaries don't seem to take advantage of their temporary invincibility so when they are in that state they should act more aggressive such as charging up to you to force feed you bullets or punch you, they should use rockets as a suppressive barrage of 2 rockets, Warlords are the Commanding Officers of the Skaarj Empire and they should have more intellect for that role, they should be more aggressive in the air firing volleys of rockets upon your position and use their rings to divebomb you, Perhaps depending on a certain type of weapon so say the Flakcannon they would back away from you while firing rockets to keep you away, Skaarj Warrior Class I always enjoyed in Unreal 2 so why not bring their behavior in this as well since they can deflect hitscans that always annoy them, perhaps in some cases they should close the distance while dodging since close combat seems the warrior way while their Raziks make a good mid-range weapon to make sure they get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X