Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOO

Marathon work session over. Topogun support got back to me and I was able to resolve the license conflict. And as such, I spent a LOT of time retopo'ing and UV mapping the Titan. I have not done any material work, just quickly baked 1024px colour and normals to test the UVs in Unreal.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

It's 23:00 here and I'm seeing the topogun interface when I close My eyes, So goodnight and expect to see more Soon™

Comment

At first I was like "Aaaaaw, that cow is so cute !", then I saw what was behind and said "Holy mo****fuc****sh** !".
      Are the proportion more or less accurate to what we had in Unreal and UT2k4 ? Or did you make the Titan little bit taller ? (I can't totally recall correctly how tall the Titan was when facing it).

Comment

^^^ That looks pretty freakin awesome. Dont forget that we can have different variations of titans, and I think that thing looks pretty dang SWEET as a "stone titan"! Perhaps different levels can have different variations of enemies, and this guy would look great as a boss in a desert-y sort of arena.

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
        once the work on the animation and levels start.
        IIRC, epic said they could take the reigns with stuff like animations or effects if / when the community comes along far enough with models and such. I figure having most of the models done and a few custom arenas would be PLENTY to go on ^__^
        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
        Frag video featuring Rookie
        Frag video featuring Phantaci
        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

I don't know, so far I like the job done by the community and the way we interact with each other. I feel like there's a little more freedom with it than with the devs. I'm not blaming them in any way, but communication can be more complicated and constraining when you're one (for plenty of reasons).

The updates are relatively more frequents, and we have a real idea of what's going on at pretty much all stages.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
            ^^^ That looks pretty freakin awesome. Dont forget that we can have different variations of titans, and I think that thing looks pretty dang SWEET as a "stone titan"! Perhaps different levels can have different variations of enemies, and this guy would look great as a boss in a desert-y sort of arena.
            Thanks! I'm looking to make this the 'vanilla' Titan, but Once the material work comes through, it will resemble the original titan much more. The Stone Titan I want to make look like an actual stone sculpture come to life, and may not feature the spiky-bony bits as prominently. Thats a project a LONG way off, for another day, as I want to make sure it is its own model, not a re-skin, so it will be a lot of work.

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
            IIRC, epic said they could take the reigns with stuff like animations or effects if / when the community comes along far enough with models and such. I figure having most of the models done and a few custom arenas would be PLENTY to go on ^__^
            Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
            I don't know, so far I like the job done by the community and the way we interact with each other. I feel like there's a little more freedom with it than with the devs. I'm not blaming them in any way, but communication can be more complicated and constraining when you're one (for plenty of reasons).

The updates are relatively more frequents, and we have a real idea of what's going on at pretty much all stages.

The quote from Joe Wilcox was something along the lines of "We just need models" but I'm pretty sure they would appreciate a first pass on animations. The only issue is that I only know of ONE community member who does animations, and he is a professional game dev during the daytime, so I doubt he has much time to, you know, animate an entire fleet of monsters. I may have to break out my rust animation skills for placeholders...

Comment

About Titan variants...

We have the vanilla one and two different versions: the Stone and the Swamp Titan.
              Since they're just 3 versions, why don't we create entirely new variants? Would it be a waste of time or a good idea to work on them?

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I'm pretty sure the swamp titan was a mod.

The original Unreal only had two variants: The Titan and the Stone Titan.

I've seen a mod with an Ice Titan as well, I would love to have variations beyond the original two, but I'm not able to promise that I'll have time to do them. I may give people the source files so they can have fun and make their own!

Comment

Great work KazeoHin. Its fantastic to see this stuff in-engine. Well done. Cant wait to play Invasion.

Comment

I'd like to see some Skaarj Warriors in some power armor from Unreal 2 along with the Unreal 1 versions, maybe add in a cloaked one that'd flicker as you shoot it and de-cloak on death.

Comment

The swamp titan was fanmade and unofficial, yes.
                      The new UT is coming along nicely...
                      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the swamp titan was a mod.

The original Unreal only had two variants: The Titan and the Stone Titan.

I've seen a mod with an Ice Titan as well, I would love to have variations beyond the original two, but I'm not able to promise that I'll have time to do them. I may give people the source files so they can have fun and make their own!
                        Great work, it looks way better ingame than I expected. Very pleased with the outcome, impressive work !

If we talk about purely cosmetical variation a proper master material can help a ton. If all of these guys have their own skillsets, well, yeah thats a different problem. But if its just the visuals alot can be done by toying with the mastermaterial/masks - im sure some peeps from the community can help in that regard
                        Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
                        Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Well, here I am... waiting for maps to bake...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

**** I really wish we could be able to toy with them soon !
                            Especially the cow... I want to play with that cow ! And put cosmetics on him ! And do cinematics, or funny videos, or... or...
                            Gimmedatcownaow !

The Titan without any eyes creeps me out however...

Comment

Got a bunch of material work done. Not 100% yet.

Comment

Incredible detail... can't wait to see those xenomorphs running around soon too

Comment

Working...
                                X