Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
    An update on the course I'm heading regarding the krall

@rapfamily4
    Agreed.

Feels like something is missing from his back. How about giving him deformed vertebrae just above the buttocks? Or outwards growing ribs or something like that. Visible bones.

Hands could also have something like that around the wrist or at the elbow. Or an outer shell of hardened skin that protects his entire lower arm.
    Check out my work!
    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
    | Localization

Comment

I was just surfing reddit and stumbled upon this pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vpb6H9q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	344322

If we have this feeling in the invasion gametype, it will be Epic.
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Can't wait for real invasion gametype!
        Last edited by e1vp; 01-26-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

The nostalgia in that doom video! I do think a claustrophobic feeling could work too with small ceilings and **** coming our way.
          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

A silly question: will we add inedit new monsters to the fleet? It could be great for us to create something new!

I have some ideas, too...

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
              A silly question: will we add inedit new monsters to the fleet? It could be great for us to create something new!

I have some ideas, too...
              Sure, got a modelling program and experience in modelling and animating? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterman View Post
                Sure, got a modelling program and experience in modelling and animating? :P
                Rapfamilly has done some awesome concepts from what I recall! Share any concepts you think fit the Unreal universe!

Comment

Thanks! I'll surely do it!
                  The majority of my concepts are in this thread (https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post221474), regarding a BioRifle design.

About modeling and animating, I don't have the skills, yet. Anyway, I'll attend a CG course the next month: I hope it helps me...

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                  Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

You know what I'd like to see the return of? The Shrike

I know its from a mod but you can't knock the design.

Comment

Uh! Those red creatures are awesome! Do you think is it good to design monsters that have exclusively a melee behavior?

PS: I've found a web page which features a small lore for each character of Unreal: http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/gameguide/creatures.html.
                      Last edited by rapfamily4; 01-28-2016, 07:19 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Uh! Those red creatures are awesome! Do you think is it good to design monsters that have exclusively a melee behavior?

PS: I've found a web page which features a small lore for each character of Unreal: http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/gameguide/creatures.html.
                        Ohhh, completely forgot about the predators and never knew about the bloblets. The predators are the least interesting monsters though. Just small dinosaurs, nothing special.

That reminds me, someone created a jurassic park map for MonsterHunt. It had a lot of different dinosaurs. The flying ones, the ones with the long neck, T-rex, the one with spiky back and tail... They each had unique AI as well! The long-necks generally didn't attack you, unless you hurt them. The T-rex on the other hand went nuts. It attacked you, it attacked other dinosaurs, it attack other T-rexes (those were some funny fights, lol). The little baby dinosaurs usually ran away from you, unless they were in really large groups, or could attack you from behind.
                        Last edited by InVader; 01-29-2016, 08:15 AM.
                        Check out my work!
                        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                        | Localization

Comment

They also can camo themselves to a texture they're on, pretty cool though and when they get close they decloak.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterman View Post
                            They also can camo themselves to a texture they're on, pretty cool though and when they get close they decloak.
                            This idea is interesting! A deadly chameleon

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Hello again All.

So, After tweaking the material a bit, and adding some detail normals, the Titan is in a state that I would call "Done Enough". Here are some screens:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I'll have downloads for both the Cow and the Titan assets ready later today

Comment

And now I can only imagine the sounds the titan will have, I hope its not Generic monster sounds like the Gargantua from Black Mesa.

Comment

Working...
                                X