Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with rigging the big guy x)

Btw. I think you should just ask Epic give you the skeleton for it from the previous games. Then you just need to edit weights a bit and that would allow us to use the old animation assets for him... at least for now. I do hope Epic is willing to help out with creating new animations though. I don't know anyone in the forums, who can do animations well. I only saw a couple of guys who created some taunt animations.
    Check out my work!
    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
    | Localization

Comment

Except that the old models didn't use skeletal animations, but mesh animation if I recall correctly, making it unusable here. :/

Really hope an animator can see it and work on it.

Comment

Alright! So here is the link to the "Done Enough" Titan Asset.

Titan Compressed File

Comment

And so the process starts again! Wish me luck!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            keep up good work man, you are a real asset here

Comment

Originally posted by R.Riddick View Post
              keep up good work man, you are a real asset here

Comment

You're now working for marvel ?

I find the hands a little too big, even for a brute model (and Brutes have 5 fingers, not 4 but that can change ). I also find that his trapeziums (sorry if it's not the good term) a bit too high compared to his head. I think a good exemple of how it should more or less be placed would be like Atlas from Warframe :
                http://i.imgur.com/f6VIO5d.jpg
                They're way higher (and stronger) than a normal man, but stop more or less in the middle of it's head, so it keep something... not to weird and improbable.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                  You're now working for marvel ?

I find the hands a little too big, even for a brute model (and Brutes have 5 fingers, not 4 but that can change ). I also find that his trapeziums (sorry if it's not the good term) a bit too high compared to his head. I think a good exemple of how it should more or less be placed would be like Atlas from Warframe :
                  http://i.imgur.com/f6VIO5d.jpg
                  They're way higher (and stronger) than a normal man, but stop more or less in the middle of it's head, so it keep something... not to weird and improbable.
                  I love the ol' Juggernaut: Definitely one of my favourite marvel villains! I want to make the Brute as close to the original concept as possible. The original Brute had pretty much no neck: I'm up for suggestions but having any kind of neck is out. I am torn between giving the Brute the full five fingers, mostly because it adds a ton of polycount AND its extra animation work for whoever ends up animating it, though the fact that someone called me out on skimping on the finger so quickly tells me that its a bit more important than I initially figured! I'll give the 'ol Brute an extra finger in the next update!

Last edited by KazeoHin-TechAE; 01-31-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I wasn't asking specifically for a neck, but that the transition from shoulders to head was a little more smooth. The trapeziums comes way too high, at the top of the head when even on the old model it stopped a little lower. That's why I suggested to make them "end" on the middle of the head part. No neck, but you'll still have a clearer distinction beetwen the head and the trapeziums. I don't know if I'm able to express correctly what I have in mind.

For the fingers, well, I'm kind of that old Unreal sery fan, so I'm pretty sure any fan would have been able to point it out.
                    I'm not against a change for less fingers, but maybe you should find it would be more beneficial to the character, rather than just "it's less work !".

Also will you do a "template" (or nude) model first ? So it will be easier for anybody to put different armors or gears, and so give different variations of the Brute ?
                    And will you model the weapons as well ?

Comment

Thats not Juggernaut, that's Clayface from Batman after working out to get his hot summer bod!!

Just kidding, but yeah that Brute is looking great already! I dont know if this will translate well at all into a 3d model in a fast-paced environment, but maybe consider using high body fat % power lifters as some inspiration:

You can see a wide range of body fat percentages here:

A more "shredded" brute MIGHT translate a stronger sense of intimidation at a quick glance in an Invasion gametype, but just keep in mind theres more than one way to have a "Brute" body type!!

I actually think your body fat % on your brute is pretty good now, but these are just things to consider.
                      Last edited by BigFatErik; 01-31-2016, 10:37 AM.
                      ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                      Frag video featuring Rookie
                      Frag video featuring Phantaci
                      Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

The only strong body type with no neck I can think of is this one :

Comment

Nice progress!

As far as I'm concerned, legs are not proportionate with arms: the latter are a lot bulkier than legs. Plus, the original Brute had both legs and arms bulky in the same way. I think the same thing about the shoulders and the abdomen.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

hey kaz why is this big guy with those spread arms like telling you: "what did I do dude?
                            Those big hands are like ready to beat someone up lol, nice progress dude!

Comment

How do I install the .uasset files for Titan? When I open a custom map, locate assets in Content browser, Titan mesh has Default Checker material applied. In Material editor, Texture Sample nodes are missing input textures. I'm not sure if this is a bug or incorrect file placement on my side (Editor version 4.8.0, latest build)? Putting asset in custom map, saving and reopening doesn't fix this issue, I get "Error /Game/user_name/Titan/Titan : Can't find file for asset. /Game/Monsters/Titan/TitanMaterial; Failed to load /Game/Monsters/Titan/TitanMaterial.TitanMaterial Referenced by Titan" warnings.

Comment

Ehy, today I worked a lot on the concept arts below.
                                I tried to reimagine three Unreal creatures.

MERCENARY:

I tried to give it a spindly appearence. The original model was bulky, but I noticed that it was the same for Skaarjs and Kralls. As far as I'm concerned, we should avoid to create characters with too similar body build. Then, I see Mercenaries as vile and evil aliens: a skinny and sharp look could fit them. I also designed its mounted weapon, the rockets that it shoots and a little portrait (I should admit that it looks like a Nali in that portrait...). Since they are biologically engineered, we could have fun creating several variants, featuring biological modifications or different equipped weapons. I was thinking to draw a female version: do you think it's worth it?

GASBAG:

This is my idea of the GasBag: a lurid, unpleasant, floating creature, plenty of gas... I gave it an insectoid look, featuring six compound eyes. The back picture shows the bags of gas (they're transparent, infact you can see an orifice) that this creature inflates to float. I thought about some attacks and i designed different eyes, too. We could make variants with the associated eyes and attacks.

BRUTE:

This is a concept of Brute's anatomy. I drew this since Kazeo is modeling this creature right now, and I thought it could give a help. As you can see it has got a sort of neck, and I tried to proportion both legs and arms in terms of muscles. There's a quick concept of an armor and a gun on the left.

What do you think? Are they too cartoony? Do they fit Unreal?

PS: Sorry for the presence of my name (Luigi Rapetta) on the pictures: I put it on them for many reasons.... (mostly for my lovely parents)
                                Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X