Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeah i ment Skaarj

But in the Core it hits what i ment to say, the Skaarj Warlord is another good example, to estimate the relations and the cultivation of the Skaarj Species itself, and even if it sounds out of the Box, theyre Social Behaviour
    might play a big role in a potential remake, because at first theyre ensalving the Nali, and in one of the final levels, you can see a group of 3 kralls playing cards, which in general appears to me like skaarj and krall are working
    together, but krall is still the lower species, or kooperating with skaarj. While theres still a variaty of more or less peacefull more animal and less evolved creatures like Cows or Titans (More or less Peacefull!!!!)

just few things to keep in mind, even for my lack of langue :P

but [MENTION=259874]richardboegli[/MENTION] i encourage you to keep up

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
      I'm serious.

Why can't we have new unreal monsters?
      Recreating things which have already existed is fine, but its a new game, so I don't see the issue of having new characters.

If you disagree that's your opinion, which is fine.
      This particular project, which this thread is about, aims to recreate the monsters from Unreal 1. That sums up its scope, and it mustn't extend it, or it will be abandoned as a result of the immense volume of work required. It's intimidating enough as it is...
      New monsters can be made seperately, maybe by other people, but if we're to be involved, we have to first complete what we originally planned.
      Your idea could end up being great, but this is not the place for it.
      The new UT is coming along nicely...
      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

If we're talking about clothing for the Krall, we can take a look at the original:

I uploaded this image earlier in the thread, but I forgot to mention the necklace as well. Same thing with the brute:

I could see a modified version of the middle costume working for an "armored" krall
        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
        Frag video featuring Rookie
        Frag video featuring Phantaci
        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Okay lets keep the legs then.

Imho the Nali should really be the only race depicted as very tribal, with the usage of magic and stuff like that. In Unreal 1 the Krall were depicted similarly, but as a very primitive race, that the Skaarj enslaved very early in their civilization. The bone necklace, clothing, staff and body painting hint towards this.

I wish we had more lore material to start off with, but Jim didn't give us much. Personally I'd rather see the Krall as something more advanced, since the skaarj use them as soldiers, rather than simple slaves, which is a testament to their fighting skills. A compromise between sci-fi armor and primitive clothing would be the best I think.

I'm ready to get the hate for this, but since we want to show off the lizard skin and the scales, I was thinking we could do armor like the Castanic's armor from Tera. Of course, that's much too sexy and fancy armor for a Krall, but in regards to how much skin their armor covers, we could take those as an example. The actual design of the armor should be more sci-fi of course. Like a sci-fi shaman.

Just throwing around ideas.

EDIT: This could be also used to better differentiate a regular krall from a krall elite.
          Last edited by InVader; 03-07-2016, 05:54 AM.
          Check out my work!
          | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
          | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
            EDIT: This could be also used to better differentiate a regular krall from a krall elite.
            I had that in mind also, like there different Ranks in Hierarchy (for Skaarj, Krall, those Bio Guys, etc.) Depending on theyre Rank they could wear a different type of Armor or different colored Tatoos, etc. More or less Powerfull Weapons

Comment

Originally posted by Daedlus View Post
              I had that in mind also, like there different Ranks in Hierarchy (for Skaarj, Krall, those Bio Guys, etc.) Depending on theyre Rank they could wear a different type of Armor or different colored Tatoos, etc. More or less Powerfull Weapons
              Exactly! Brutes/Behemotes could have something similar. Most monsters could, actually. Even Titans. I don't know anymore on which thread I wrote this, but there could be version of Titans that can be mounted by other more intelligent monsters. Maybe even have a mounted stinger or something on his back.
              Check out my work!
              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
              | Localization

Comment

Uhm, guys, I had a sudden inspiration for Brute

Also version with hairs and unarmored Brut (with totally well drawn legs)

Really unexpected drawing But maybe some elements will be helpful for your model, @KazeoHin-TechAE
                Attached Files

Comment

Really nice! Try putting some of that scraggly hair that the original models had on him and see if it improves the look!

EDIT: Oops see you've already done so on the left side drawing, it wasn't very prominent :P

Comment

Originally posted by Specter-Owl View Post
                    Uhm, guys, I had a sudden inspiration for Brute

Also version with hairs and unarmored Brut (with totally well drawn legs)

Really unexpected drawing But maybe some elements will be helpful for your model, @KazeoHin-TechAE
                    That's REALLY awesome! You bet that has given me ideas on finishing up the Brute! Thanks so much!

Comment

Holy **** that looks great, I think we should use that as a template for the Brute.

Comment

**** I missed some things while I was away.

Specter-Owl, your arts are astonishing... You're doing more than an amazong job with that...
                        I only have one remark, but an important one.
                        WHY DOES HE HAVE A PROTECTION WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A ******* ?! Or a ***** ! D:

I really love the details you put, like the Skaarj markings.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                          **** I missed some things while I was away.

Specter-Owl, your arts are astonishing... You're doing more than an amazong job with that...
                          WHY DOES HE HAVE A PROTECTION WHEN HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A ******* ?! Or a ***** ! D:

I really love the details you put, like the Skaarj markings.
                          The brute's brains are actually located in their crotch, hence the copious codpiece, but no helmet!

see! in Unreal, you can explain ANYTHING

"But where is his... you know...?"

Four words: That's not a nose.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                            The brute's brains are actually located in their crotch, hence the copious codpiece, but no helmet!

see! in Unreal, you can explain ANYTHING

"But where is his... you know...?"

Four words: That's not a nose.
                            Haha, you really made me laugh with that.

By the way, is you're Brute on a hiatus or something ? I don't want to push you or anything, I'm just curious as you haven't posted any news about it.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked it!

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                              Because Skaarj have those. Brute's armor should have some similarities with an outfit of their creators.

Attached Files

Comment

@Specter-Owl
                                Your brute concept is great! I LOVE mostly how you designed the armor. The only thing which I don't like so much is that humanoid nose :/ , but "WHO CARES?!?!??!?!".

@KazeoHin-TechAE
                                Any updates on the Brute model? Oh, if you want to follow her concept art, do not forget the Skaary logo which she drawn on the chest armor (PLZ :3)...

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X