Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Specter-Owl View Post
    Thanks everyone! Glad you liked it!

Because Skaarj have those. Brute's armor should have some similarities with an outfit of their creators.
    But Skaarj actually have to mate with their queen ! I have yet to see a female brute.

Ho god... I shouldn't have think of that...

Comment

Aside from the occasional unprofessional bickering this thread is amazing. Thank you to the people that are making things and making this thread awesome.
      Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
      Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
      Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
        @KazeoHin-TechAE
        Any updates on the Brute model? Oh, if you want to follow her concept art, do not forget the Skaary logo which she drawn on the chest armor (PLZ :3)...
        Originally posted by Darkloser View Post

By the way, is you're Brute on a hiatus or something ? I don't want to push you or anything, I'm just curious as you haven't posted any news about it.
        ****, now people are noticing...

I am actually taking a bit of a break from working on 3D stuff at the moment: my normal "I'm super busy" does not apply to this particular delay, I just got REALLY addicted to MGS5 and I can't stop playing it...

But to be honest, there are a TON of people doing REALLY awesome stuff and I feel like I don't NEED to post progress to keep this thread moving: Its kind-of reached a critical mass and a TON of talented artists and passionate fans are pushing up the page-numbers without me needing to keep constantly updating my work, so the "need" to work on the Brute is not as intense right now. Sometimes the thread (and the art forum in general) gets quiet and I like to keep posting updates to keep people on-board and interested, that has not been needed for a while, thanks to the awesome community engagement we've seen recently!

Don't worry, though, in about a week or so I'll hop back on and do some more work to get the Brute going again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
          But Skaarj actually have to mate with their queen ! I have yet to see a female brute.

Ho god... I shouldn't have think of that...
          Now you did it again ...flying Buttbags, female Brutes ...what is next?
          Nalis on warfare?
          Oh wait ...this sounds cool.
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
            I am actually taking a bit of a break from working on 3D stuff at the moment: my normal "I'm super busy" does not apply to this particular delay, I just got REALLY addicted to MGS5 and I can't stop playing it...
            Hehe... I see May becoming a difficult month for me. New Doom, possibly Shadow Warrior 2, Overwatch, new Baldur's Gate expansion are all coming in May

[MENTION=254617]Specter-Owl[/MENTION]
            Nice concept. I like the vest with shells on that Brute concept. Pretty close to the original. Though I don't necessarily like a lot about original design, I don't have any better ideas for the Brute, so I'll just shut up.
            Check out my work!
            | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
            | Localization

Comment

****, now people are noticing...

But to be honest, there are a TON of people doing REALLY awesome stuff and I feel like I don't NEED to post progress to keep this thread moving: Its kind-of reached a critical mass and a TON of talented artists and passionate fans are pushing up the page-numbers without me needing to keep constantly updating my work, so the "need" to work on the Brute is not as intense right now. Sometimes the thread (and the art forum in general) gets quiet and I like to keep posting updates to keep people on-board and interested, that has not been needed for a while, thanks to the awesome community engagement we've seen recently!

Don't worry, though, in about a week or so I'll hop back on and do some more work to get the Brute going again.
              Well there isn't any hurry, and I certainly don't want to push it and be like "OMG Y U NO FINISH IT !!!", it's just that you got quiet about it rather suddenly.
              Take your time, have fun, and come back on your modeling when you feel like it. ^^

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
              Now you did it again ...flying Buttbags, female Brutes ...what is next?
              Nalis on warfare?
              Oh wait ...this sounds cool.
              Sorry, my brain is quicker than me, I can't avoid these thoughts in time...
              Well I was thinking of the Nalis and the advantage they get with 4 arms and... Eeeer... no, nevermind, just forget about it...

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                Aside from the occasional unprofessional bickering this thread is amazing. Thank you to the people that are making things and making this thread awesome.
                I'd like to say thank you to everyone as well. This is such an awesome community movement, and I really hope the show of effort and interest helps Epic understand just how much the Unreal Universe means to us! Everyone keep doing awesome work! I know I'll try to!

(and who knows, UT4 may be the first UT release that 'ships' with Invasion as an official gametype! wouldn't that be great...)

Comment

(and who knows, UT4 may be the first UT release that 'ships' with Invasion as an official gametype! wouldn't that be great...)
                  I thought it whould have been an official gametype for sure!!! D:
                  I hope it will be so!
                  Last edited by rapfamily4; 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                  Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Didn't UT2004 come with invasion?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterman View Post
                      Didn't UT2004 come with invasion?
                      It was an included community mod of UT2003, if my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Gathered on the Liandri archive :
                        "Invasion is a gametype that was first introduced with the Epic Bonus Pack for Unreal Tournament 2003. The gametype was retained in Unreal Tournament 2004."

Some community modes added more things, notably more monsters (Titans, Queen, Armored Skaarjs, etc...).

Comment

So, is Invasion an official gamemode since UT2004?

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

So, is Invasion an official gamemode since UT2004?
                            It wasn't in UT3, so it's not an official game mode since UT2004.
                            The new UT is coming along nicely...
                            Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                              It wasn't in UT3, so it's not an official game mode since UT2004.
                              Sorry....

Is Invasion an official gamemode for​ UT2k4?

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Sorry....

Is Invasion an official gamemode for​ UT2k4?
                                Yes, but as of now UT2k4 is the only one where this is the case.
                                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Working...
                                X