Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
    Just posting this here as some monsters could be submitted for this comp

The Beast - A Character Art Contest - Polycount

Free trial of Substance tools for duration of comp.
    That would be awesome! If anyone enters be sure to let us know so we can post about it.
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Hello All! some basic colouring in. No armour just yet.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
        Hello All! some basic colouring in. No armour just yet.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
        In a Brute voice: "Come here I just want to give you a hug!?"
        Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

WHAT. A. BEEF. CAKE.

The feet still look odd to me though. Three toes up front is usually what you'd see on a chicken or a duck. Add in webs between the toes, and that's a monstrous duck foot.

Plus I can see you took a liking to the big ol' gut, which does add a lot of character. But that also indicates a high body fat percentage, which as you can see by the definition in his arms / chest, he doesnt reeally have. Maybe keep the bulbous gut, but give him visible abdominal muscles as well.

Kinda like the guy on the left:

Not even exctly like that, perhaps even a little less. I dunno, what's gonna be covered up by armor any way? I think the current skaarj armored tank top would look great on him if it were scaled up and expanded, and that would cover the belly anyway... Maybe early wave brutes can be nekkid, and later wave brutes can have armor?
          Last edited by BigFatErik; 03-25-2016, 02:20 AM.
          ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
          Frag video featuring Rookie
          Frag video featuring Phantaci
          Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
            In a Brute voice: "Come here I just want to give you a hug!?"
            I'm sure he would LOVE to give you a big hug!

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
            WHAT. A. BEEF. CAKE.

The feet still look odd to me though. Three toes up front is usually what you'd see on a chicken or a duck. Add in webs between the toes, and that's a monstrous duck foot.

Plus I can see you took a liking to the big ol' gut, which does add a lot of character. But that also indicates a high body fat percentage, which as you can see by the definition in his arms / chest, he doesnt reeally have. Maybe keep the bulbous gut, but give him visible abdominal muscles as well.

Kinda like the guy on the left:

Not even exctly like that, perhaps even a little less. I dunno, what's gonna be covered up by armor any way? I think the current skaarj armored tank top would look great on him if it were scaled up and expanded, and that would cover the belly anyway... Maybe early wave brutes can be nekkid, and later wave brutes can have armor?
            I was thinking more like an exadurated

Comment

I'd also like the other slave race from the Skaarj the Izarians to be in Invasion as well as the Unreal 2 Skaarj Variants.

Like seriously it fills the niche of being a quicker but weaker Krall that can use two firing modes for lethal effect, maybe add in the cut armored version.

Comment

Hey everyone! Great work do far...this thread is full of drool-worthy treasure!
                Last edited by Carbon; 09-24-2016, 07:33 AM.
                My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

I used this as a reference, if it helps. Wanted to make Brute neither super muscular nor super fat.

Amazing job, @KazeoHin-TechAE! This guy looks serious

I will try to give you helpful feedback now, since I mostly ignored his legs in my concept

I personally think, that previous version of feet wasn’t too bad. Separate fingers/claws pointing in different directions make him look a little unstable. It’s more common in nature when a heavy less mobile creatures have short closely spaced fingers (hippo, triceratops).

I see a few problems with legs right now. The ankle and instep area are high, so the foot seems to be bigger than shin. The shin is too thin. I guess its width should be like the width of his wrist or even more. The calf is a little high too.

Also his palms and fingertips look quite noisy. I think they should look more soft and monotonously.

I found this Rhino sculpture. Maybe this will be a better reference for Brute’s legs Or at least something for inspiration.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know I am quite literally doing the OPPOSITE of what I said earlier, but I got the urge to straighten up the Skarj model I made earlier. I probably won't put much more work into this one for a bit, as I do really want to get the titan up-to-snuff.

Man, this one looks awesome. Need to get some colorwork on it, can't wait for that!
                    CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                      Aside from the occasional unprofessional bickering this thread is amazing. Thank you to the people that are making things and making this thread awesome.
                      This.

Possibly the best thread in the entire forums.
                      Jim Brown
                      @EntropicDev
                      Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by DiXiMaN View Post
                        Man, this one looks awesome. Need to get some colorwork on it, can't wait for that!
                        I may look to the Skarj after I finish the Brute, but to tell you the truth, I'm finding it difficult to get a decent amount of work in. All artists go through their ups and downs in terms of motivation: I'm currently in one of the 'down' phases. Work is really stressful recently and when I get home after sitting in traffic for 1.5+ hours I really just want to turn-off for a bit. Artwork is extremely mentally fatiguing; It grants a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and expression, and it is a lot of fun: but it is still work, and it is still stressful. Artwork is a great form of stress the kind of stress that keeps you sharp, but sometimes I just cant bring myself to work after working for the whole day. As I said before, this is all part of an up-and-down cycle, and I am by no means saying I'm going to be like this forever.

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                        This.

Possibly the best thread in the entire forums.
                        That means a lot coming from an awesome guy like yourself. I hope we can keep this thread up with the same level of contribution into the future!

Comment

I may look to the Skarj after I finish the Brute, but to tell you the truth, I'm finding it difficult to get a decent amount of work in. All artists go through their ups and downs in terms of motivation: I'm currently in one of the 'down' phases. Work is really stressful recently and when I get home after sitting in traffic for 1.5+ hours I really just want to turn-off for a bit. Artwork is extremely mentally fatiguing; It grants a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and expression, and it is a lot of fun: but it is still work, and it is still stressful. Artwork is a great form of stress the kind of stress that keeps you sharp, but sometimes I just cant bring myself to work after working for the whole day. As I said before, this is all part of an up-and-down cycle, and I am by no means saying I'm going to be like this forever.
                          imho, it's better to leave this kind of stuff for the weekends when it's peaceful. OR if you have a boring job like me and get to use home-office, use that to work on this. No need to drain your mind in an effort to desperately complete the model. I tried doing that and look at how ugly the magazine ended up looking on my minigun
                          Check out my work!
                          | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                          | Localization

Comment

Hey Paul,

1st - Fantastic work as always.

2nd - Would you render a side shot so we can see how the calf muscles flow into the ankle and heel of the foot? I'm thinking that perhaps the front-only render is throwing our perspective off of what is actually there. Thank you.

Comment

This is awesome guys! I really hope we get to see INVASION! <3 it! Keep up the great, amazing work!

Comment

I know that my question could be out of place due the initial progression of the project, but...
                                ...what about specific gibs for each monsters/creatures?

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                                X