Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flak View Post
    I'd like to post the Krall on social media, who are all the people who worked on it?
    [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION] made the model, with all the materials and shaders.

A lot of people made their suggestions on muscles and anatomy.

I just made a quick concept of its muscles of the torso a long time ago: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...l=1#post212273

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Thank you!
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I just want to remind everyone that [MENTION=11886]MatthiasDürr[/MENTION] posted an awesome Nali Warrior a while back:

More screenies at:
        https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...6-Nali-Concept

So don't forget that we might be able to use THAT for invasion as well!!
        ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
        Frag video featuring Rookie
        Frag video featuring Phantaci
        Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

You're welcome

This post is full of interesting pieces of art!

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatErik View Post
            I just want to remind everyone that @MatthiasDürr posted an awesome Nali Warrior a while back:

More screenies at:
            https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...6-Nali-Concept

So don't forget that we might be able to use THAT for invasion as well!!
            PERFECT REMINDER!

They would be allies in Invasion... furthermore it would be a perfect start for a Nali faction (player models).

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Except that Nali are mostly pascifist and used as a labor forces at best and meat or punchingbags at worst. :c

But maybe they can do a comeback for a story mode or even do the Nali Slaughter again ? (A mode in UC2 where you should kill as much Nali as possible in a given time).

Comment

yeah it's true, The Nali have a pacifist culture as seen un Unreal 1.

This same issue was brought up in the original forum thread that featured the Nali warrior, and someone pointed out that you can draw a comparison between the Nali and the Namekians:

For the most part, they can be a nice and peaceful race that just want to be left alone. But a select few could be given the responsibility of being the village defender, in case something really bad happened that would result in the destruction of their people. Maybe the skaarj wiped most of them out when taking over Na-Pali, but a few Nali warriors took up guerrilla tactics to free as many of their village members as they could.

I could see that being justification for picking them as a playable character in Invasion, at least. I'm not quite sure yet what they would be doing fighting in the Liandri Tournament. I don't really see the "revenge" angle working out because its such a radical departure from what we already know about them as a culture, and I don't see the "forced gladiatorial combat" angle working either because I just think the Nali warrior would rather die than be forced to take part in such senseless violence if captured. I dunno, that's a topic for another time.

For now, I'd really like the Nali to make an appearance in Invasion, either as a playable character or as an assist powerup that appears and blasts some monsters to help the players for a little bit.
                ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                Frag video featuring Rookie
                Frag video featuring Phantaci
                Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Yeah it's true that there is some Nali that actually tried to fight back during the Skaarj invasion. But they were extremely few, and I believe they might be seen as an outcast amongst their peer. Which could explain why they joined the Tournament (There was a Nali in UT99). Their people probably feared the "warrior" side of these fighting Nali, and to avoid spreading it further exiled them (or they choose to be in exile or whatever you want).

So that could be the plot as to why a Nali is eventually seen in th Tournament or during an invasion on the player side. As an NPC side however, I hardly see them anywhere else than either helping you (like in Unreal) or just being your favorite victims (UC2). They make poor combatants to fight against you in Invasion.

And they would be OP with their powers.
                  No seriously, they teleport, have a ghost form, can turn invisible or even just kamikaze attack with huge force. And they have four arms ! plz nurf !
                  I wonder if they don't even have that way of thinking : "with great powers comes great responsibility." Hence why they're pascifists.

Haboodee !

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                    There was a Nali in UT99
                    There are actually two Nalis in UT99, a normal one and a priest.
                    I worked on skins to create the fighting Nalis fitting for Feralidragon's Nali-Weapon-3 mod.
                    This reminds me to go back to this skin pack and finish it.
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
                      Thanks everyone.

[screenshot]https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30164&d=1468106797
                      [/screenshot]

[screenshot]https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30163&d=1468106786[/screenshot]

Hey Andy, nice work, man. I really like the colors on this guy, particularly how they fade from light to dark. Really cool. There's a lot of nice detail in here as well and he has a nice lizardy feel. The veins on his neck, going under the pebbly skin feel very legit. Probably my favorite part.

My crits would be that overall he appears very stiff or rigid, even in his poses. The giant feet feel low-poly and, IMO, detract from the rest. I'm not sure if he'd benefit from a general lengthening out of his joints (wrists, elbows, etc) or doing something to give him a bit more of a lanky feel as opposed to body-builder. Over all I feel like he just loses something the further you work your way down from the shoulders/chest area. I'd also work a bit on the transition from skin to bone. Right now his claws, shin bones feel kind of lo-poly.

re the material work; love the colors and the detail. Feel like he looks a bit dry. He might need a bit (not a lot) of shine to his skin. Am looking at a picture of a gila monster right now and there's just a bit of spec to the pebbles on that skin. I think this guy would benefit from some of that.

All in all, great work man. I love that you took it all the way to in-game on your own.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Great work Andy! Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll work on the feet some more and will post some different versions later.

Originally posted by papercoffee
                          The colours looks just great.
                          Only the still frame of the walk animation looks... not right ...I'm interested how those legs are animated.
                          If you need help, I can provide a rough storyboard for the walk-cycle.
                          Yes, that would be helpful. My initial plan was to export and copy the u1-meshes but that will probably not work.

Originally posted by Darkloser
                          The attack one is gorgeous however ! Now someone should model him a staff !
                          Once armed and with a little of tatoos/war paints (and eventually cloth/armor) it will be a real enjoyement to face it.
                          I'm working on it, but I'll put it on hold 'till the feet have been solved. As always, post an ideas you have.

Originally posted by Rick Kohler
                          Hey Andy, nice work, man. I really like the colors on this guy, particularly how they fade from light to dark. Really cool. There's a lot of nice detail in here as well and he has a nice lizardy feel. The veins on his neck, going under the pebbly skin feel very legit. Probably my favorite part.

My crits would be that overall he appears very stiff or rigid, even in his poses. The giant feet feel low-poly and, IMO, detract from the rest. I'm not sure if he'd benefit from a general lengthening out of his joints (wrists, elbows, etc) or doing something to give him a bit more of a lanky feel as opposed to body-builder. Over all I feel like he just loses something the further you work your way down from the shoulders/chest area. I'd also work a bit on the transition from skin to bone. Right now his claws, shin bones feel kind of lo-poly.

re the material work; love the colors and the detail. Feel like he looks a bit dry. He might need a bit (not a lot) of shine to his skin. Am looking at a picture of a gila monster right now and there's just a bit of spec to the pebbles on that skin. I think this guy would benefit from some of that.

All in all, great work man. I love that you took it all the way to in-game on your own.
                          Thanks for showing up and commenting Rick, I'll look in to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                            Great work Andy! Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!
                            Don't you worry, this thread isn't dying any time soon....

Comment

Take your time with the bio-rifle, KazeoHin, you're doing some great work.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
                                Yes, that would be helpful. My initial plan was to export and copy the u1-meshes but that will probably not work.
                                Can you provide a shot from the side of the legs?
                                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X