Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I had no idea so much progress has been made here. All the work looks incredible!

I'm no modeler or animator but I wanted to contribute somehow so I prototyped some monster projectiles. Mostly particle effects and structuring everything in blueprints as UTprojectiles. I hope this hasn't been done already. At the very least this could be a good foundation to start with later on.

In the video I show a modern day version of the Gasbag fireball and a Titan boulder. As you can see there's still a couple quirks with the boulder, I think projectiles are destroyed after a certain duration which might not be exposed to blueprints. Let me know what you think, if you want me to keep going or have any suggestions let me know
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Hey, [MENTION=39157]tidu[/MENTION] I think it's really awesome!

Do you have some plans for continuing this? Because I think such assets could be useful sometime anyway (or for instance I could use some of them in my faux Invasion )
      - got sig? -

Comment

[MENTION=39157]tidu[/MENTION] any kind of contribution is welcomed !

And I think you did a really great job with it. Even if it's not used in Invasion, I'm sure they can be used elsewhere (Spells for exemple). So keep up the good work !

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
          Hey guys, I had no idea so much progress has been made here. All the work looks incredible!

I'm no modeler or animator but I wanted to contribute somehow so I prototyped some monster projectiles. Mostly particle effects and structuring everything in blueprints as UTprojectiles. I hope this hasn't been done already. At the very least this could be a good foundation to start with later on.

In the video I show a modern day version of the Gasbag fireball and a Titan boulder. As you can see there's still a couple quirks with the boulder, I think projectiles are destroyed after a certain duration which might not be exposed to blueprints. Let me know what you think, if you want me to keep going or have any suggestions let me know
          That is awesome!! Please keep going! Thanks for hopping in, its great to see more than just static art.

Comment

Agreed! So fun to see them again.
            Stacey Conley
            -----------------------------
            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
            Epic Games, Inc.
            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll keep at it. I managed to fix the Titan boulders, now they lay on the ground for a short time and fade away. Next I'll work on the Skaarj... sparkles.
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                Thanks everyone! I'll keep at it. I managed to fix the Titan boulders, now they lay on the ground for a short time and fade away. Next I'll work on the Skaarj... sparkles.
                The dust coming from the rocks in the video was unlit. Can you make it receive light?
                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Skaarj sparkles ?

My little Nali : Murdering is magic !

Psst... I think you're actually referring to plasma bolts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                    Skaarj sparkles ?
                    My little Nali : Murdering is magic !
                    Psst... I think you're actually referring to plasma bolts ?
                    Sure, plasma bolts

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

It looks a bit better in motion. I've got a template particle system for colors like red and green shown above. I also made a neat RGB one which is on the left. The particles cycle through the rainbow. One issue I found right away is that these are difficult to see in brightly lit areas like the Example Map. I'll need to adjust some of the color values to reduce the white core and make the outer color deeper so it stands out.
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Pretty cool stuff! This gets me excited for Invasion!!

Comment

I really want to see them in motion, though right now thye might look a little bit too "magic", where the Skaarj are more of a technological race. But I'll wait for a video to see how it looks exactly.

Comment

Here's some more progress. The last part is demonstrating what the boulder sounds like as it flies by the player's head.

DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

The rock and fireball looks incredible for Titan and Gasbutt.

However I'm really sceptical about the bolts for the Skaarjs. They look too much like magic sparklings (like I actually feared), where they should be plasma projectiles launched from a high tech gun.
                            Basically it should be closer to Link/pulse guns rather than MLP spells.

Comment

However I'm really sceptical about the bolts for the Skaarjs. They look too much like magic sparklings (like I actually feared), where they should be plasma projectiles launched from a high tech gun.
                              I support this. Actually I think these are modelled after 2k4 Invasion Skaarj bolts (in that case they are actually pretty close). And tbh I'd like to see something closer to original ones.
                              - got sig? -

Comment

The rock and fireball looks incredible for Titan and Gasbutt.

In Unreal and UT99 they literally looked like spells. They were cast from the skaarj's hands, no less. It just wasn't a color sparkle like in tidu's video.
                                Check out my work!
                                | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                                | Localization

Comment

Working...
                                X