Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really. To me they looked more like plasma bolts, maybe closer to the idea of the shock core tho. Plus the claws actually extended to launch the projectiles and rectracted immediatly after. Adding to that tech feeling.

Comment

I agree. The Skaarj Bolts need some major tweaks.

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
        Here's some more progress. The last part is demonstrating what the boulder sounds like as it flies by the player's head.

Holy sh********i! Me do want!

Comment

Hello! I'm starting to model the body of the mercenary using Dyntopo, basing it on the concepts I showed you a lot of months ago.
          What do you think as a start?

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
            Here's some more progress. The last part is demonstrating what the boulder sounds like as it flies by the player's head.

Pretty awesome....

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
              Hello! I'm starting to model the body of the mercenary using Dyntopo, basing it on the concepts I showed you a lot of months ago.

I would've preferred you went along the lines of this http://www.unrealsp.org/legacy/image...ulesznik03.jpg, but never mind.
              The model looks pretty cool. Really kind of rough, but of course that's expected from the start of the process.
              Can you please re-upload the concept art you're basing the model on, for comparison? Thanks.
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

[MENTION=6230]iLikeTheUDK[/MENTION]

Here you are!

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

[MENTION=6230]iLikeTheUDK[/MENTION]

Here you are!

Well that model was very early on. I don't know what to say yet.
                  The new UT is coming along nicely...
                  Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

For a first attempt it's pretty nice !
                    I feel like it follow a little along the lines of sectoid or grey aliens. I think the body is at a good start, but the head might need some changes. I would like a side views to better see its length however. So far I would say the issue comes from his jaw and mouth area. It's too wide (I'm talking from 'nose' to 'lower mandible'), you should try make it more flat. Actually, do you see the Prothean head in Mass Effect ? I think it should be along those lines (minus the 4 eyes obviously).

Also why do all the monsters modelled here have some **** incredible butts...

Comment

i don't think you should worry too much about the mercenary's underlying anatomy, part of what made them cool was the mystery of what was under all those cybernetic parts

"There may be a humanoid beneath all of that circuitry, but the only way to find out is to blast your way through it."

also, someone from epic should give us an official species name for these aliens, "mercenary" is a bit vague and confusing, especially with multiple human tournament teams described as being made up of mercenaries

Comment

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

Bad Joe, I agree with you on this, I thought about it right yesterday. At this point, I could restart the entire project from scratch, modeling the creature in polygonal. For me it's not a problem.

-Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I gave the gasbag a try, quick sketch:

rapfamily4, best of luck with the mercenary.
                          Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], that's just awesome! I'd say it's very close to original (and very nicely done too).

If you allow though, I have some little-tiny crits (I'm not insisting here but maybe it would be something like fresh look for you):

But once again - even its current state is just amazing
                            Attached Files
                            - got sig? -

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
                              [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], that's just awesome! I'd say it's very close to original (and very nicely done too).

If you allow though, I have some little-tiny crits (I'm not insisting here but maybe it would be something like fresh look for you):

But once again - even its current state is just amazing
                              Yeah, I would say... a little bit less human arms and more insectoid subdivisions.

But yes for a first try it looks pretty good.
                              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I'd like to remind you Specter-Owl's concepts:

Originally posted by Specter-Owl View Post
                                Originally posted by AndyN View Post
                                rapfamily4, best of luck with the mercenary.
                                I've just noticed this message: thank you , same to you !
                                Last edited by rapfamily4; 11-02-2016, 04:40 AM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                                X