Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a minor update:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AndyN View Post
      Just a minor update:

Really good work!

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION]

I think you should enlarge the head/body a bit. Take a look at the original old model in exo's suggestion and at Specter's concepts.

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Yes, [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION] to me it's a great improvement!

And I also agree about ratio between head and arms size. Here's how I think they would be better:
          Attached Files
          - got sig? -

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION]
            The Brachium looks much better now. But I would suggest for the Antebrachium that it should look more separated and not as interwoven like in a human arm.
            And like the others suggested can the head arms ratio a little bit tweaked as well.
            The head/face itself looks perfect.
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

about the gasbag's arms: maybe make them a bit more scrawny and old-looking. Like the arms pictured here:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Just a minor update:

Looks awesome AndyN!

I think the arm's sizes are perfectly fine, but perhaps you could narrow the mass around the joints, just like it was posted before, in a sort-of insectoid way. That could look more interesting as well and add some curves and shapes to its silhouette. Kazeo's mention of the old-looking arms might be worth a try as well!

Since it's at the early stages and a good candidate for experimentation as it lacks special details right now, I'll post the references that were given in this thread early on up to now, which might inspire you, all in this post in order of appearance.
                I hope you don't mind I put it in spoilers so it wouldn't be too bloated and take too much space in this thread.

Spoiler

I feel like it might be worth a try to mix some of what can be found there to make a new, fresh but still classic Gasbag look!

Poke me if I forgot someone!
                Last edited by Sly.; 11-04-2016, 03:25 PM.
                S l y .

Comment

Thanks everyone, I've read your replies and come up with this:

Attached Files

Comment

Really like where you're going [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION]. If I can give a little critic however, is to keep the backside (the lungs like part) relatively soft, as it should inflate/deflate so the Gasbrah can move around and use fire. Put the solid plates on the middle instead, where a "backbone" should be.

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], now that's really great!

I don't know if you're going to further improve/polish this thing, but if you do, I think you should preserve this particular iteration separately anyway - you know, just in case .
                      - got sig? -

Comment

I noticed that the Unreal Tournament Twitter page currently has Kazeo's Titan on it. Very cool. I'm hoping it might mean more involvement by Epic on Invasion...
                        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks everyone, I've read your replies and come up with this:
                          Now this is going places... I like it very much. I would only give the back part a slightly more bulkiness. 20% maybe.
                          [MENTION=258989]exo7341[/MENTION] Good suggestion.
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Updated with your ideas in consideration. I will leave it like this for a while to try out Specter-Owl's ideas a bit more.

Attached Files

Comment

Updated with your ideas in consideration. I will leave it like this for a while to try out Specter-Owl's ideas a bit more.

Awesome work! Thanks for contributing so much!

Comment

It seems Epic started work on monster AI... It's for non-invasion game mode though, but I wonder if we still could reuse it...
                                - got sig? -

Comment

Working...
                                X