Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys and gals! I'm actually working on a ploygonal base mesh for the mercenary. For now it's really basic and WIP. As you suggested, I shouldn't care about the underlying anatomy, so I'll work on the Mercenary wearing the armor.

Do you suggest me to model it with dyntopo or basemesh+sculpting?

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

The monster models are looking really good, so much potential. Hope Invasion is brought back as one of the main game types. Looking forward to seeing more!
      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Hello! This night I made the Krall Staff based on Sly.'s concept art.

It's still in a early stage. What do you think?

Spoiler
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rapfamily4; 12-11-2016, 09:09 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Quick update! A better version with longer blades.

Spoiler
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rapfamily4; 12-11-2016, 09:10 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

^ For some reason that later version of staff instantly gave me an Unreal vibe... I think it has a great mix of something like fantasy (magic-looking-crystal) and sci-fi tech (crystal "muzzle" part/machine-made blades and rod itself)! Really awesome work, rap!
            - got sig? -

Comment

Thanks! I repeat it: it's all based on Sly.'s Concept.

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Nice beginning @rapfamily4

I would however keep the longer end of the blade point shaped rather than square shaped (as in the concept art). It would suit better to the aggressive nature of both the Kralls and Skaarj, and would remind of the symbol of the Skaarj : the Razik, recalling that the Kralls are under the Skaarj's command.

Now I don't know if I would prefer a simple beam of energy or a crystal inside the head... it's a small detail tho.

Comment

hey guys. about the gasbag thingy. what about if he has some frog-like sac, containing the gas, breathingly animated with some sort of diffuse glow.

as the gasbag himself, in the original series, does fire a -fireball-like thingy, he could produce some sort of "spontaneous combustion" gas inside, concentrating it in a ball-like sphere as a "fireball"...

Attached Files
                  3D Artist, Mapper, Modder
                  XLR8 Mod for UT4

Comment

Originally posted by dr_vannacut View Post
                    hey guys. about the gasbag thingy. what about if he has some frog-like sac, containing the gas, breathingly animated with some sort of diffuse glow.

This is one of the solutions we thought about. AndyN is now working on a Gasbag model based on SpecterOwl's concept. Now, I don't know if this suggestion will be implemented, but I think it's not bad.

ANYWAY.

I have some minor updates for the staff. What do you think? plz sly., take a look plz, mlg pro m8!!11!!!1!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                    Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Wondering if anyone got any ideas for what the UT4 Tentacle could look like?

Comment

A Tentacle with legs!!!
                        Seriously, nobody explored its design, yet.

Regarding the staff, I'm trying to optimize the low-poly model. Now it has 5052 verts and 5255 faces, but I'll try to reach the 3k verts and faces. I think 3000 would be a good goal since a lot of these items will spawn in the Invasion waves: I want to make this less heavy as possible.

-Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

A quick update: 2740 verts and 2939 faces.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                          Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Here's the gasbag in the editor.

Hopefully it can be animated with morph-targets for breathing effects.
                            Attached Files

Comment

WOAH! IT'S AMAZING!!!!!

How many polys?
                              Last edited by rapfamily4; 12-27-2016, 02:53 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

That's a fat and stout Gasbag, though it might be due to the short arms, maybe have another variant where they explode on death?

Comment

Working...
                                X