Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I don't think it's too fat. The proportions are good, in my opnion.


    Anyway, an explosive variant would be cool: it could be the primary target for the players, making damage to the other enemy units.

    -Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

    My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

    Comment


      Originally posted by AndyN View Post
      Here's the gasbag in the editor.



      Hopefully it can be animated with morph-targets for breathing effects.
      Whoa! Nice work!!

      Comment


        Just in time for some monster AI
        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

        My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

        Comment


          Ho my...

          Definitely a gasbutt !

          That's an incredible job here [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], I'm also curious how you worked the inside of the mouth.
          I think the arms may look shorter than in the original version, giving the "fat" feeling. Otherwise the proportions seems good. I think these short arms may actually work quite well.

          About the explosive gasbag : why not make a weak point out of his back ? After all, it's where most of his gases are stored, so I wouldn't be surprised if a well placed shot could actually make it explodes.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
            About the explosive gasbag : why not make a weak point out of his back ? After all, it's where most of his gases are stored, so I wouldn't be surprised if a well placed shot could actually make it explodes.
            I was actually thinking the same thing! But I'm still of the idea this feature should be assigned to a proper variant. Regarding other variants, [MENTION=254617]Specter-Owl[/MENTION] drew a lot of them.

            -Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

            My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

            Comment


              So that amazing Gasbag got me inspired to work more on the Brute.

              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

              Comment


                Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                While I wait for Topogun Support to get back to me regarding the license issues I decided to remake an iconic scene from Unraeal that has something to do with the project!

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                Is it possible to make this environment a test map for Invasion in the future?

                -Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

                My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

                Comment


                  Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                  I was actually thinking the same thing! But I'm still of the idea this feature should be assigned to a proper variant. Regarding other variants, [MENTION=254617]Specter-Owl[/MENTION] drew a lot of them.
                  I was thinking we use Concept Four as an basis for the Volatile Gasbag, the boils on his body is illuminated and easy to see to differentiate from a regular Gasbag.

                  Invasion should just use DM maps to save time.
                  Last edited by Hunterman; 12-28-2016, 12:29 PM.

                  Comment


                    I think using DM maps is problematic due the height of bosses.

                    -Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

                    My projects list:
                    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                      I think using DM maps is problematic due the height of bosses.
                      Some maps are big enough to support Bosses, like in the original invasion.

                      Comment


                        I remember UT2004's DM-Rrajigar was really good for Invasion...

                        The fact is that UT2k4 maps were designed with huge proportions due the player movement mechanics. In this UT4 the map design is not as "big" as UT2k4's. In UT4 there are many narrow corridors which could give us many problems as well.

                        I know using default DM maps is time saving, but I still have these worries.

                        -Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

                        My projects list:
                        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                          I remember UT2004's DM-Rrajigar was really good for Invasion...

                          The fact is that UT2k4 maps were designed with huge proportions due the player movement mechanics. In this UT4 the map design is not as "big" as UT2k4's. In UT4 there are many narrow corridors which could give us many problems as well.

                          I know using default DM maps is time saving, but I still have these worries.
                          To make it as time-saving as possible, just make a outdoors test map made of boxes for simple cover and whatnot.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                            Is it possible to make this environment a test map for Invasion in the future?
                            I can make a proper test map from that example, yeah. Shouldn't take too long.

                            Comment


                              More optimization! 2495 verts and 2731 faces!

                              This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                              Attached Files

                              -Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

                              My projects list:
                              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

                              Comment


                                Fantastic work [MENTION=247414]rapfamily[/MENTION].
                                I have just one criticism you might want to consider: the shapes around the crystal seem thin, they might benefit of some more mass (not much, but more than right now) as it looks like it could break easily when using it to punch and stab enemies – or like it could break faster when shooting. Besides that, it's perfect!

                                Glad to see someone gave it a go. I guess now I should make sure to come up with a more tribal-style, modified version of the staff for the elites.

                                [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], your Gasbag looks sweeeet! Great job!
                                Would be nice to have some lightup animation inside the Gasbag's bag when it's shooting, additionally to the blowing up later on. Curious to see the final implementation someday.

                                [MENTION=18574]Kazeo[/MENTION], nice update on the Brute! Make sure to add a Skaarj symbol on its chest later when you get to the pretty details to show they're their genetically boosted overseer slaves.
                                S l y .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X