Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehy, thanks for the feedback! I'll try to enlarge those parts just a lityle bit.

Anyway, I think I did the low-poly model too earlier. Fortunately, I restored the high-poly one for the sculpt process (I can't sculpt on the low-poly with multiresolution, since there are A LOT of triangles...). I hope to get a fancy normal map.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
      I can make a proper test map from that example, yeah. Shouldn't take too long.
      Awesome! Can't wait.
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
        Awesome! Can't wait.

Couldn't find the original file, so I recreated a bit of it. might take a bit longer.
        Attached Files

Comment

That looks amazing. Great job Kazeo, what I wouldn't give for an UNREAL remake. Keep the sounds, keep the music and update the visuals.

Comment

A really nice restart!
            I'm also curious on how this could be more enjoyable than the original.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4
              How many polys?

It's 9172 polys and 4693 verts. I haven't added the teeth yet.

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE
              Whoa! Nice work!!

Thanks. Nice to see that you are back here!

I made a simple test animation to see if I could use blender and morph targets and it seems to work. I couldn't upload the gif I created though so here's a still pic:

About the proportions, here's a pic to compare

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great - it will be good to see it in game at some point
                Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

hey all.

Update on my Invasion Test map. about 50% done. It's not meant to be a wonderful map, but just one that will be big enough to fit bosses, but with enough variety to allow meaningful testing of ALL monsters.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

Wow, this map is comings awesome

Comment

Nice.

Invasion is looking like a definite prospect and it's a great mode for newer players to get into the game.
                      Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

rapfamily4 sent me the staff he's working on so I could try out the proportions. I scaled it so the bottom part of the blades are about at shoulder height (which should be like in unreal). The staff part seems god, the grips are fine but personally I think the blades are too big, so I modified it a bit (right part of pic and lowest) by elongating the staff instead of scaling, but that put the grips too close together. I'll try to be back on Sunday with something more.

(How do you do those mentionings by the way? I can't get them to work)
                        Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION], you must put use the Mention-tags in this way:
                          Code:
                          [MENTION=individual number of a user's profile you want to notify]yourtexthere, should be the name[/MENTION]
                          In usage, it would look like this (to take you as an example):
                          Code:
                            [MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION] (just remove bold formatting and italic formatting to make it work)
                          Alternatively, you can use @ and then the user's accurate username directly behind the symbol, but for this, you mustn't make any typos and I think you may have to pay attention to cases too. Then the forum engine will automatically set the mention. If you want to be really sure it mentions the right one, better use the tag version.

[MENTION=247414]rapfamily[/MENTION], I'd suggest to take a look at the proportional tweaks he has made to optimize the staff for monster usage. Also, I have another small suggestion for the staff which has mostly to do with aesthetical proportions of the blades. The difference would be tiny, but the blades essentially consist of two inwards-curves, the long one of the front that's pointing towards the player when held for shooting and a thicker one that's pointing towards the Krall. If we look at the total blade-length as a length number of "1", then the front might benefit from a ratio of 2/3rd to a back of 1/3rd (logically, that would move the small razor blades closer together, but I don't think that would harm its looks and make it look more dangerous too).
                          Right now it's 3/4 front length vs 1/4 back length, but the changes to achieve that ratio would be minimal.
                          The blade depths of the front that points towards the player (depth as in how far they reach inwards) look a bit narrow on those new screenshots, maybe that can be experimented with too.

Sounds like nitpicking, but you know, golden ratio and all that stuff for that staff to make it even nicer to look at when dying. Hehe.

Oh and a small question: Will the blades be static or open and close? Curious about the plans for that and looking forward to a full ingame implementation.
                          Also, in case a reference is required, it was in this post and rather experimental (also features the shorter staff length).
                          Last edited by Sly.; 01-06-2017, 01:24 PM.
                          S l y .

Comment

[MENTION=11924]AndyN[/MENTION] [MENTION=6491]Sly.[/MENTION]

Many, many thanks for the feedback, guys!
                            I just started to experiment with your suggestions on the high-poly.

How is it going?
                            Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                              Oh and a small question: Will the blades be static or open and close? Curious about the plans for that and looking forward to a full ingame implementation.
                              Also, in case a reference is required, it was in this post and rather experimental (also features the shorter staff length).
                              Sorry for being late!

I'm doing it with static blades. Honestly, I like static blades more for this spear in particular. Maybe dynamic blades could be implemented in Elite's spear.

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Any progress on the Brute?
                                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Working...
                                X