Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
    For a first attempt it's pretty nice !
    I feel like it follow a little along the lines of sectoid or grey aliens. I think the body is at a good start, but the head might need some changes. I would like a side views to better see its length however. So far I would say the issue comes from his jaw and mouth area. It's too wide (I'm talking from 'nose' to 'lower mandible'), you should try make it more flat. Actually, do you see the Prothean head in Mass Effect ? I think it should be along those lines (minus the 4 eyes obviously).

Also why do all the monsters modelled here have some **** incredible butts...
    Any news regarding the mercs?
    The new UT is coming along nicely...
    Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post

Close up screenshot!
      Normal map + Ambient occlusion + transparency
      What happened to the Manta?
      Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalfist View Post
        Hey, sorry that I haven't posted an update on the slith yet. I've been a bit busy with being sick (no worries I'm alright now), holiday stuff, (Fallout 4) and mainly my graduation project (top priority), which is my UT level: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...Facility-(WIP)

I have worked on the slith a bit, but not as much as I would have liked to.
        I reworked him a bit and separated the spikes as different sub tool so it looks better where the skin goes over into the spike. Same with the teeth in the mouth.

I also worked a bit on the arms of the manta:

Also the titan is looking great so far !
        The Slith looks cool. Why did work on it suddenly stop?

Comment

Have I played too much Fallout or this one really looks like a Deathclaw?
          CHAOS en Krojerk Gaming - UT Maps gameplay, Full Unreal Walkthrough and more!

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
            Any news regarding the mercs?
            I'm currently working on the Krall's spear. I should check the Mercenary later...

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
              Any progress on the Brute?
              Unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment, so no meaningful update.

Comment

Hello! I want to say I'm currently doing some practice with baking. I have to admit I'm quite new to both CG and baking as a process. Now I'm trying to create a little rocket with all the materials imported into UE4. This doesn't mean I'll interrupt the development of the Krall's Spear. It just takes time to me to learn all the processes properly. I'll post the rocket as soon as possible, and maybe it could be somehow useful for our project. I also have to study a lot for several exams, which is time-consuming.
                [MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION] Can I use the Skaarj logo you posted in the UT99 Weapons thread as a decal for my texture?

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                  [MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION] Can I use the Skaarj logo you posted in the UT99 Weapons thread as a decal for my texture?
                  Sure, why not? I posted openly the source file as well. Take it.
                  ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Thanks papercoffee! Here you are the little rocket I was talking about.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This is a silly exercise I wanted to show you. There are some errors to solve, too. I thought it could be Brute's rocket (as a matter of fact I used the Skaarj Empire logo as a decal).

Anyway, you should read this message by Mysterial... We need animations!
                    Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I... don't know... Looks more like a dropping bomb than a rocket to me. It's a little to bulky to look like a propelled rocket, it's more like a king of gas canister with a propulsion.

Rockets are more like oversized explosive bullets. Here's a picture with different real rockets to give you a better idea on how you can distinguish beetwen a rocket and an other kind of explosive :

Also don't forget that, while savage, the Skaarj were one of the race with the highest level of technology (alongside the Necris). Don't forget to somewhat give that feeling.

Comment

I've enjoyed following all this amazing work over the last couple years! I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but it looks like the dev team has been implementing Invasion AI and gametypes in the last couple builds. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing this all come together, not the mention playing invasion again!
                        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                          I've enjoyed following all this amazing work over the last couple years! I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here, but it looks like the dev team has been implementing Invasion AI and gametypes in the last couple builds. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing this all come together, not the mention playing invasion again!
                          We noticed it! :3

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                          Anyway, you should read this message by Mysterial... We need animations!

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

[MENTION=14867]Darkloser[/MENTION]

Thanks for the critics! I'll see what I can do!

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                              Rockets are more like oversized explosive bullets. Here's a picture with different real rockets to give you a better idea on how you can distinguish beetwen a rocket and an other kind of explosive :
                              Uhm... those are varieties of cannon cartridges, mortar bombs and one drop bomb.

This is how rockets and missiles look like :

,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

[MENTION=247414]rapfamily4[/MENTION], hey rap! just don't scrap your current version. Personally I found it kinda... idk... cute (I mean, ofc, it might be not resebling real life missile, but still has good portion of cheesy-ness; and on top of that it's really nicely modeled).
                                - got sig? -

Comment

Working...
                                X