Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo! Thanks to all for the feedback. I'll work on it.

I wasn't replying to your suggestions yet because I wanted to do so with the fresh update. Unfortunately, this is taking more time than my expectations, so I'm thanking you now!

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

• New mountings on the right!

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

• Ok... you won't go the "full stable" way... but nevertheless, this is much better now.
        I would use those darker bits/bolts/brackets inside of the blades and around the crystal as a base for simple protection rings.

I'll make a paint-over to explain it better.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

• Thanks for the reply.

You mean something like this?

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

• I failed to make a PO because of RL issues... but you got it right.
            Just a little bit thicker
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

• Did anyone here make some brute models yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waverun View Post
                Did anyone here make some brute models yet?
                Kazeo's working on a Brute model. You can check it out on the first post of this thread.

papercoffee

I was trying to figure out how those rings could come out nicely. I noticed the upper ring will cover the top mountings, unless I make the latter smaller. Plus, do you think too many objects could ruin visual clarity? Maybe it would be better to make only the bottom ring, which should be placed exactly between the top and the bottom mountings.

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

• Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                  I was trying to figure out how those rings could come out nicely. I noticed the upper ring will cover the top mountings, unless I make the latter smaller. Plus, do you think too many objects could ruin visual clarity? Maybe it would be better to make only the bottom ring, which should be placed exactly between the top and the bottom mountings.
                  I wouldn't sweat it. You will rarely see the staff from a 90° angle.
                  But if this is bothering you, could you move the bases and the rings a little bit down.
                  Or if you go for a single ring make this one thicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                    papercoffee

Thanks for the feedback! I just did a hot-fix. I scaled the mountings a little bit. This should be a temporary solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigger_mountings.png
Views:	1
Size:	507.8 KB
ID:	390688

Anyway, since Siege (Invasion) is out there, I'm really interested to see the work other people could provide. The latest Brute concept was nice, for instance.
                    looks really good, great work buddy!

Comment

• Thank you! An update will come out soon!

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

• Check this out... https://youtu.be/muOLx1tPLMI
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

• Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                          Simply jaw dropping! (Nali house could be a bit more detailed tho)

Makes my asset remaking attempt look like minecraft thing...
                          - got sig? -

Comment

• No Nali cows or Rabbit = -5/23

I admit the work is impressive, yet my "picky" side is a little tingling at certain details. The house might be the most "bland" thing in the video, as it could be a little less... human like ? For exemple there's a curvature on the rooftop ridge.

But putting aside everything that is UT, I truly admire the work on the effects and props.

Comment

• Has anyone here done any work for the monsters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waverun View Post
                                Has anyone here done any work for the monsters?
                                Look here in this thread.
                                https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...e-art-together

Comment

Working...
                                X