Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok im trying to learn blender and got bored so i did this

unfortunatly i had to use the asset released in this thread which is triangulated and makes it hard to paint the skin weights

Comment

Kazeo-Hin already made a Titan.

Try making a Warlord for the game.

Comment

I know that is his titan he released the ut assets a while back in this thread i just thought i'd try rigging it for animation

Comment

bananna_manuk great work so far! Have you already tried importing skeletal meshes from Blender to UE4?
          - got sig? -

Comment

not yet but i have looked into it there is a good tutorial here

i do have expience importing animations into ut3 and the udk

ps if anyone has a more humaniod mesh they want me to rig i'd like to try making a monster that can carry a UTWeapon and add it to the blitz gamemode never know might inspire someone to code the invasion gametype for us
            Last edited by bananna_manuk; 01-18-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Hey Exo, could I talk to you in the Minigun Concept thread for a second?

Comment

ok so that worked but i seem to have imported a load of bones from the rig which i dont need

Comment

so after watching a few more tutorials i made my first idle animation

I've shared blender files for the idle animation here
                  and the default rigg here

Last edited by bananna_manuk; 01-20-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

bananna_manuk Looks like a good rig nontheless.

btw. I'm about to learn animation too, but can't find any good tutorials on complete rigging (all I can find is just people adding bones, nothing extra). Can you send me some?
                    Check out my work!
                    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                    | Localization

Comment

today i spent making a walk cycle

guess i should nail down exporting next

Get the walk cycle blend Here
                      Last edited by bananna_manuk; 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I cheated with the titan and used the rigify addon to create the rig.

https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorial...ion-to-rigging

thats a great tutorial and he explains the constraints and weight painting

then ue4 has a great video on exporting from blender to ue4

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...f/KDP7GHFtAtE/

but using rigify you add a skeleton place the bones to your mesh

generate the rigg

delete the meta rig

add any extra bones/ contraints you need to the deformation skeleton

then parent the mesh with automatic weights to the deformation skeleton

tidy up any pesky skin weights that look odd and your ready to animate

Comment

Awesome bananna_manuk !

Looking forward to see this in-game!
                          - got sig? -

Comment

Woah the Titan !

Comment

Looks like a really good start bananna_manuk . If you're able to make a few basic animation (Walk, Hand swing, Hand Smash, Rock throw) and import them, then I suppose there's mostly coding left to do ? After that we can hope for the a real start for a the Invasion remake by the UT community !

Keep up the good work all ! I'm not of much help and only lurks now, but I'm still regularly following progress and I'm ready to support you as best as I can. Even if it's just vocal.

Comment

so i've hit a bump in the road when it comes to importing ,I managed to get rid of alot of the unecessary bones by checking the deformation bones only option in the export options But, i'm still left with the armature bone above the root in may bone hieracy

also i've watched the live training stream which explains how to use the RigifyToUnreal.py script but when i run it nothing seems to happen

Comment

Working...
                                X