Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a really good start bananna_manuk . If you're able to make a few basic animation (Walk, Hand swing, Hand Smash, Rock throw) and import them, then I suppose there's mostly coding left to do ? After that we can hope for the a real start for a the Invasion remake by the UT community !

Keep up the good work all ! I'm not of much help and only lurks now, but I'm still regularly following progress and I'm ready to support you as best as I can. Even if it's just vocal.

Comment

so i've hit a bump in the road when it comes to importing ,I managed to get rid of alot of the unecessary bones by checking the deformation bones only option in the export options But, i'm still left with the armature bone above the root in may bone hieracy

also i've watched the live training stream which explains how to use the RigifyToUnreal.py script but when i run it nothing seems to happen

Comment

After a few days messing with the python script and trying other methods to import the skeleton cleanly with only the deform bones ive got 3 options,

1) keep bashing my head against the monitor until i can get the python script to work with the Titan skeleton (it works for me with the blendman file supplied in the live training stream)

2) redo the rig and animations manually (don't use rigify) then the skeleton will have no unnecessary bones but this is alot more work and my rig wont be as good as the rigify rig and will take time to complete

3) Continue with the proof of concept put up with the extra bones until we fix the skeleton and move onto the physics asset, animtree, Monster blueprint etc.. (I know i will have to do option 2 at some point)

because i want to keep progressing until i get him in game i'm gonna go with option 3. Ive imported a couple of animation i have into the editor next make the assets

Rigify gives me 15 extra bones which isn't too bad i suppose

If anyone wants to make me a rock projectile that would be nice :P

Comment

iirc tidu was working on rock projectiles (maybe in another thread)

you're doing a really good job!

edit:
          just found his video on yt (skip to 25s for stones):

Last edited by exo7341; 01-27-2018, 11:48 PM.
          - got sig? -

Comment

That's some good work Bannana.

If I may only do one suggestion, it's to make the animation of the Titan a little more beastly. Seems a tad bit too calm and human like right now. But do it only if you want to put some more time in it. As long as we have a few working animations to begin with, it'll be fine, even if they're not perfect.

Comment

The Titan animation looks great! Here's a zip containing the assets for the boulder projectile. I uploaded the fireball too. If you unzip "PlaceMeUnderContent" and copy it to your ...\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentEditor\UnrealTournament\Content directory, the assets should build properly.

Boulder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KS...wJHtFo4C8Flm7X
              Fireball: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gn...2n-MhrAL-S7Sgv

UTproj_Boulder is the projectile you can swap out in the UTWeapon. The projectile itself is a destructible mesh that breaks apart upon impact. Feel free to modify as needed. I can guarantee it is not fully bug tested. The projectile may act weird or disappear if it collides with certain objects.
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

I'm currently having problems with the "bone size is too small" import error which is stopping me making a physics asset cos even when i try too manually make it the bones really are too small

think i need to set my scale b4 i make the skeleton
                unless someone knows a trick i've not managed to find yet

Comment

bananna_manuk have you tried global scaling in import dialog? (under 'Transform' section, there's Import Uniform Scale):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Import_DialogBox.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	396834

You could try increasing this (and imported mesh could be scaled-down, if needed, afterwards)
                  - got sig? -

Comment

I would LOVE to see some of the mods from 2004 implemented in the new game. There were a few that I really enjoyed like the class and leveling up systems, and the systems that allowed crafting of barricades or turrets and stuff. Anyway would love to see that. Keep me posted please!

Comment

Although not a remake, I thought it could be interesting to see all monsters at once anyway. These were made using animated world position shader technique (more here https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...xAnimationTool).

(skip to 1:20 for monsters)
                      - got sig? -

Comment

Oh man, we should start with the MH maps remakes already. exo7341 Your work seems promising!

Comment

bananna_manuk alot depends on your software and how you got your rig, as an example if you exported from UT4 then into blender you have to delete the top bone which will then re-scale the rig to the right size, its part of the autodesk fbx exporter that adds an extra bone to the root of the rig, i've got some older videos on my youtube channel covering things like that
                          UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                          ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

I started working on a remake for MH. I don't know how things are going for the people that were working on the mod, but I gave it a shot anyway. If anyone wanna check it out, any help is welcome.

Comment

guys you made such nice monsers Sly Andy rapfamily bananna Kazeo and exo. I could build an invasion gametype with rounds, adrenaline etc, its not hard. Just send me the monsers with animations. I can code the attacking and rock throw. I can even build a UTmonster mutator. Mappers could place spawnpoints and the mutator spawns them then. Just don't let your work get to waste
                              Last edited by n0niz; 05-16-2018, 05:34 PM.
                              Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

guys you made such nice monsers Sly Andy rapfamily bananna Kazeo and exo. I could build an invasion gametype with rounds, adrenaline etc, its not hard. Just send me the monsers with animations. I can code the attacking and rock throw. I can even build a UTmonster mutator. Mappers could place spawnpoints and the mutator spawns them then. Just don't let your work get to waste
                                I'd love to see this happen. I've made some attempts but had difficulty because the framework isn't there, plus I feel it'd have to be a C++ project for it to work well.
                                DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
                                X