Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on animating the Titan. Learning about the animation workflow. I've tried some methods which did not work out well. Here's the new rig which hopefully should work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rig.png
Views:	1
Size:	553.6 KB
ID:	402087

Comment

A small update:

Name:	fly_2B.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	402107

Comment

Working on idle animation.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mogno; 08-24-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The link is broken for me.

Comment

Fly looks really good. The head and tail look kinda big compared to the body, see what it looks like with that scaled up a tad?

Comment

Got an idea based on HereticGrunt's comment about extinct bugs, so I made a quick model based on the anomalocaris, they share some likeness in the face at least:

Name:	Anomalocaris_NT_small.jpg
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	402531

Name:	fly_3A.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	402532

Comment

I think this could work. Maybe you could try making those mouth parts (proboscises?) a bit smaller + eyes a bit bigger and closer to each other (i just was comparing to original fly's picture).
                - got sig? -

Comment

That's an interesting idea for the Fly. One thing I always questioned in Unreal about the fly if he was biting me or stinging me (like mosquitos for exemple).
                  I don't know if you added them or not, but if it is biting, it's lacking some teeth or something "sharp", as you can see on most mandibles or even pincer like appendages. Without that element it is lacking the feel that this creature will hurt you. Just that it will squeeze you a bit but nothing more.
                  If it is not biting, and instead was trying to suck you of your juicy blood, maybe end them a little more smooth or thin (similar to proboscises as exo said). Looking like a sharp needle or something of that nature. Otherwise they seem way too oversized to penetrate skin efficiently.

Another thing I would keep is the... chitin like appearance of the leg. I feel like in your last work they're too smooth and skin like rather than the shell like solidity you see on insect (and which was well presented in your previous picture). I would however keep the overall shape you gave on the last picture. Just give them a chitin like look.

Otherwise I really like the rest of the model. It's really close to what the old Fly was, yet still refreshing. The tail, body, and especially the eyes are really good in my opinion.

Keep up the good work !

Comment

Working...
                  X