Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi HereticGrunt and thanks for your input. Was it something like this you had in mind for the slith?

Click image for larger version

Name:	slith6_mouth_B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	406261

Comment

Yeah a lot like that. I also didn't know how the unreal slith's mouth worked. The mouth i showed you was from a parasitic lamprey, where it sucks out blood. Maybe it sneaks up and backstabs the player with the pincers, and then it sucks out blood?

Also seeing that amount of teeth, it makes me worry on the poly count on the final model if you're going to keep this mouth.

Other than that slith head looks great! I don't really have anything else to say!

Comment

Hey AndyN ! It's really awesome you're still working on these!

If you don't mind some fresh eye's opinion here's some of my thoughts.

Skaarj Warrior - here my general idea was to go away from too human looking body (and tbh I think Skaarj is kinda tricky to get right):

Name:	u1_andyn_skaarj.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	406295

And Krall, I'm not sure if it was intended (also this might be due to specific angle), but I got impression its torso got beefier compared to original?

Name:	u1_krall_andyn.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	406296

Either way, please keep up your great work!
        - got sig? -

Comment

Made a small paintover of AndyN's slith so I feel like I'm doing something for this thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	slith.png
Views:	2
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	406301
          Attached Files

Comment

Personally I favored the bigger teeth on the Slith. Perhaps somewhat silly from the realism standpoint, but striking me as more faithful to the original concept and more ferocious looking.

Exo's paintover on Skaarj proportions also seem right.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Are these monsters Skaarj Troopers? I was trying to find low poly model in Unreal Model Viewer,but how did you find and from which Unreal Engine 1 script extract did you do unpack it? Because in my case I could not find this in-game model last time. There was some youtube user which just made some tutorial videos how to swap character models in unreal engine 4,but I forgot his username nick. So I could ask him if he could make video tutorial of UT4/Unreal Tournament 2016 character modding(he promised me that) video tutorials. Didn't I say(that fouth sentence)before already twice? Am I repeating myself? It sounds like deja vu paradox to me.
              Last edited by Gamerz31w; 08-10-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                Personally I favored the bigger teeth on the Slith. Perhaps somewhat silly from the realism standpoint, but striking me as more faithful to the original concept and more ferocious looking.
                I also personally prefer the bigger teeth. Even from a realistic standpoint, those tiny teeth wouldn't really give the animal enough nutrition to survive (the slith is like what? 400lbs? It needs a lot more than just blood).

I still consider it a nice try for trying something different in my opinion.

Comment

A picture of the progress of the slith so far:

Name:	slith_1.jpg
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	406570

Comment

Refreshing to see the progress on the slith! Those teeth look alot meaner now!
                    LoPing
                    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
                    X