Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Universe Monsters! Lets make some art together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi! I just finished reading all the posts! Great Work so far.
    Are there any files to play with? I would like to play around in giving the Monsters some intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep Kill'n It n0niz!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Will continue tidus prototype of invasion in january 2020. So send me all the monsters you got. So far i have razorfly, titan, slither, nalicow, warlord, gasbag. I'm missing krall, manta, and slith
    Last edited by n0niz; 11-27-2019, 04:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If think is time to animate these models, WHAT Block you to make them work finely? a lot of people out of there want to play
    I could help with animation is at least one character working? We could use animations from U2 them are a lot better than U1 more detailed is they way to move we need start one by one. I could help a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Refreshing to see the progress on the slith! Those teeth look alot meaner now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A picture of the progress of the slith so far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	slith_1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	406570

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wail View Post
    Personally I favored the bigger teeth on the Slith. Perhaps somewhat silly from the realism standpoint, but striking me as more faithful to the original concept and more ferocious looking.
    I also personally prefer the bigger teeth. Even from a realistic standpoint, those tiny teeth wouldn't really give the animal enough nutrition to survive (the slith is like what? 400lbs? It needs a lot more than just blood).

I still consider it a nice try for trying something different in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are these monsters Skaarj Troopers? I was trying to find low poly model in Unreal Model Viewer,but how did you find and from which Unreal Engine 1 script extract did you do unpack it? Because in my case I could not find this in-game model last time. There was some youtube user which just made some tutorial videos how to swap character models in unreal engine 4,but I forgot his username nick. So I could ask him if he could make video tutorial of UT4/Unreal Tournament 2016 character modding(he promised me that) video tutorials. Didn't I say(that fouth sentence)before already twice? Am I repeating myself? It sounds like deja vu paradox to me.
    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 08-10-2019, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally I favored the bigger teeth on the Slith. Perhaps somewhat silly from the realism standpoint, but striking me as more faithful to the original concept and more ferocious looking.

Exo's paintover on Skaarj proportions also seem right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Made a small paintover of AndyN's slith so I feel like I'm doing something for this thread. Click image for larger version

Name:	slith.png
Views:	111
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	406301
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey AndyN ! It's really awesome you're still working on these!

If you don't mind some fresh eye's opinion here's some of my thoughts.

Skaarj Warrior - here my general idea was to go away from too human looking body (and tbh I think Skaarj is kinda tricky to get right):

Name:	u1_andyn_skaarj.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	406295

And Krall, I'm not sure if it was intended (also this might be due to specific angle), but I got impression its torso got beefier compared to original?

Name:	u1_krall_andyn.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	406296

Either way, please keep up your great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah a lot like that. I also didn't know how the unreal slith's mouth worked. The mouth i showed you was from a parasitic lamprey, where it sucks out blood. Maybe it sneaks up and backstabs the player with the pincers, and then it sucks out blood?

Also seeing that amount of teeth, it makes me worry on the poly count on the final model if you're going to keep this mouth.

Other than that slith head looks great! I don't really have anything else to say!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi HereticGrunt and thanks for your input. Was it something like this you had in mind for the slith?

Name:	slith6_mouth_B.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	406261

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks good! It might just be me but i don't like the rows of sharp teeth on the krall, I guess I'm just sick from all fictional creatures or predators having rows of uniform sharp teeth. That is just my opinion though.

From the original krall model it's teeth is just one polygon or flat texture. Which gives me an idea of it's teeth being one big sharp plate, like this (on the left side of the attachments)

The slith's mouth reminds me of the sea lamprey, maybe you can use it as reference?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Taking a break from my own project, so back to UT I guess...

a take on the skaarj, going for the warrior or scout look here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	skaarj38B_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.7 KB ID:	406221
    Looking back on the krall, I've made some changes too - made it less bulky, changed the posture a bit by moving the hips forward and adding a ridge as spine, but mainly changing the face.

Click image for larger version  Name:	krall19_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	406222

Click image for larger version  Name:	krall19_C.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	406223

Also, my take on the slith:

Click image for larger version  Name:	slith6b_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	406225

I'm having troubles with the mouth though, can't really understand what it is supposed to look like and work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X