Need help With Hat Creation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help With Hat Creation!

Hello there! I am trying to get into the modding community of this game. So I decided to start by creating hats. I did the tutorial for creating the flaming hat but it didn't really teach me how to create from scratch. If anyone could help me that would be appreciated.

Some more basic info would help people help you. What is your overall software skill level? What modeling & texturing package are you using? Have you done any other modding?
    Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
    Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
    Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Hello thank you for responding! This is my first time doing anything like this. I do not know what type of modeling and texture package I am using.

Comment

Welcome!

What I could suggest is to learn how to use Blender, a free and powerful 3D modelling package. You can try out Sculptris: A free 3D Sculpting tool as well.

3D modelling in Blender (or ANY program) has a STEEP learning curve, so don't feel discouraged if you get overwhelmed. Good thing is that there are TONS of awesome, easy-follow tutorials on YouTube and other video sites.

If you have a background in traditional/classic arts such as sketching, painting etc. you may feel at home trying out 3D Sculpting first, but you need to know both sides of the process to make a final product. It's a long journey, but trust me when I tell you it is one of the most liberating forms of artistic expression.

Comment

Thank you for the info I will try it out!

Comment

All I can suggest beyond that is reach out to the artistic community here. Share your journey and accept a helping hand when it's offered. Let us know what troubles you run into, what cool new things you discover, and what art you hope to accomplish. After a while you'll find yourself answering questions as often as asking them, and through your journey you will start creating pieces you are truly proud of.

Comment

Working...
            X