X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Custom Thunder Crash skins - v0 Release

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1e1nwkb1b...ns_v0.rar?dl=0

The zip file contains all four Thunder Crash Skins.
    Simply unzip the files and place them in C:\Users\"YourPCName"\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent to install them.

And for the goggles

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi87ky23n4...ditor.pak?dl=0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Slaught; 03-25-2016, 03:14 PM. Reason: Update
    Current Projects
    Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
    Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Nice. The bearded guy actually looks better than the default head. The other guy has a bit of an uncanny valley on him that just feels a bit wrong.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

the guy on the left sort of fills the old guy niche of the guy I've been working on... guess I'm not going to be able to finish him any time soon, so whatever. Looks nice considering you're using the same low poly mesh though

Comment

Looks good man, nice job on the bearded dude.
        Cyphir - stay Zen

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
          I've made a few additional head skins for the male Thunderchrash.

These are reskins with modified normal maps using the original Taye mesh.
          Might still tweak them a bit before release so please let me know what you think!
          Left dude

Skin : looking good but a bit soft for his age.
          Beard : would look much better with more details on the beard because it look washed out a bit, like a hand painting.

Right dude

Skin : it really miss some details. It look to soft atm, like a teenager.
          Beard : good too but as the skin in general, look to soft.

Still, really great job in general
          Stevie's corner
          Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks guys!
            I tweaked the second skin a bit more.

Not really sure why it's happening but the blurryness on the cheek area only shows up in the editor, on my textures and ingame it's perfectly sharp.

@Quotidian
            Sorry man, didn't mean to butt in...
            This is just a quick texture swap to get a bit more variety until we have a solid way of getting in custom models.
            I think your model looks great and quite different from this oldish guy so no reason to stop!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Slaught; 09-28-2015, 01:11 PM.
            Current Projects
            Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
            Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Wow, the first one looks like a badass beardy Jason Stratham Good job! They look much better after your tweaking

Comment

These are awesome... keep it up, would be nice to see these get in the game.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Very nice ...and now some hair for this poor bald guys
                  ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Haha I am sorry but I laughed out loud at the guy to the right. Looks like Blake Griffin! The guy to the left looks great though!

Comment

The Caucasian guy with facial hair looks AWESOME, really well done art: looks like a completely different character to Tae. The other one needs some improvement; show us more!

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                        The Caucasian guy with facial hair looks AWESOME, really well done art: looks like a completely different character to Tae. The other one needs some improvement; show us more!
                        This. Great use of assets!
                        Jim Brown
                        @EntropicDev
                        Epic Games

Comment

I really, really hope that not every character in the game will just end up being head swapped faces over armor.

I will agree though, that face swaps would be super useful for adding generic bots into the game, with random names that are seperate from specific characters like Malcolm, Mr.Crow, Loque, and others. It would also be nice for additional player customization! However I sincerely believe that there is more to a character's personality in terms of their overall look than just their faces. Cool looking armor designs can really help a specific character go far in terms of design.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing face swaps explored more. Like I said, it could open up some use in player/bot customization variety if a variety of generic bodies with swappable faces were available ON TOP of complete, full characters.

As for quality, I think the faces look pretty great. IMO the white guy with facial hair could probably be either bronzed or pinkened a tad on the upper part of the face, it looks paler up there than in comparison to the rest of the head. Basically make it seem a little more fleshy.

The other guy looks mostly fine imo, id probably make the top of his head seem a bit more believable in terms of a buzz cut though, atm it just looks like the top of his head is a bit too bumpy, and it looks a bit odd. Maybe its just the resolution of the image though, if so higher res pics of both heads would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
                            I really, really hope that not every character in the game will just end up being head swapped faces over armor.
                            Headswaps are only a short term solution. We do have some concept art for other Thundercrash characters, and I'd love to see more for the Necris as well!
                            Jim Brown
                            @EntropicDev
                            Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                              Headswaps are only a short term solution. We do have some concept art for other Thundercrash characters, and I'd love to see more for the Necris as well!
                              I like them! I gotta say though, I do think that Jakob would be better with the old dreds and shades look, but otherwise still liking everything else! Headswaps as a thing for random bots/player customization would still be neato, though.

Will be awesome to see Thunder Crash female concepts in the future as well! Also, Malcolm when? (Isn't the character in game now Taye?)
                              Last edited by MacD11; 10-02-2015, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X