Custom Thunder Crash skins - v0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
    ...I tweaked the second skin a bit more...
    I must say they both look fine ingame

Much better than the previous pic in the editor
    Stevie's corner
    Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Thanks guys, updated the first post!
      Made some skintone tweaks to the first character, made changes to the second and added two new skins.
      Current Projects
      Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
      Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Very nice update and fantastic work with these faces The second one got significantly better now, as well.
        The two newer ones - especially the last one - look a bit dull/empty/inanimate/zombie-ish to me yet and could enjoy a bit more personality i think. Overall, it's great to see such talented character work from the community

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
          I really, really hope that not every character in the game will just end up being head swapped faces over armor.

I will agree though, that face swaps would be super useful for adding generic bots into the game, with random names that are seperate from specific characters like Malcolm, Mr.Crow, Loque, and others. It would also be nice for additional player customization! However I sincerely believe that there is more to a character's personality in terms of their overall look than just their faces. Cool looking armor designs can really help a specific character go far in terms of design.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing face swaps explored more. Like I said, it could open up some use in player/bot customization variety if a variety of generic bodies with swappable faces were available ON TOP of complete, full characters.

As for quality, I think the faces look pretty great. IMO the white guy with facial hair could probably be either bronzed or pinkened a tad on the upper part of the face, it looks paler up there than in comparison to the rest of the head. Basically make it seem a little more fleshy.

The other guy looks mostly fine imo, id probably make the top of his head seem a bit more believable in terms of a buzz cut though, atm it just looks like the top of his head is a bit too bumpy, and it looks a bit odd. Maybe its just the resolution of the image though, if so higher res pics of both heads would be nice!
          It would be neat to see to see some face variants similar to the ones that we already have for Taye and Samael for each of their costumes, where Taye has his goatee and war paint while Samael has his various face paint patterns. Judging by the new textures Slaught made, majorly different textures for the face would be fine too just as long as they're executed well. Although, I'm kinda hoping that head swapping won't just be limited to switching textures and that you can also choose different head models, though that might be more effort than it's worth. We'll see how it turns out.
          Last edited by Skerion; 10-08-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Amazing to see what changing the normal map and texture can do, especially love the first one !

Great Work Slaught! Hut ab :P
            Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
            Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Wow, these are really coming along. Nice job!
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Slaught did an awesome job ...why are so many panicking now that we would get only texture swapped characters? There are many people working on other head models right now.
                I'm happy to know that even those new head models can get a even wider variety by changing the texture and normal-maps. And if the quality is on par with Slaught's work ...why not?

Imagine:
                Jacob with black dreads and brown skin tone ... Master of the Blunts
                ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                  Slaught did an awesome job ...why are so many panicking now that we would get only texture swapped characters? There are many people working on other head models right now.
                  I'm happy to know that even those new head models can get a even wider variety by changing the texture and normal-maps. And if the quality is on par with Slaught's work ...why not?

Imagine:
                  Because armor design/body type is part of what gives a character it's identity, not just faces with different skins applied to them. Eliminating the element where characters have their own complete models gets rid of that and just makes them generic faces that are applied to one body, which although i think Slaught's texture work is awesome, I really wouldn't want all of the faces for characters in this game to just be texture swaps.

I'm aware Epic plan on having all the characters be unique, and texture swaps being on top of full characters would be fine (if the swaps were just for generic characters), but I would not like every character in this game to just be a texture swap of another one.

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post

Imagine:
                    I totally agree. Reskinning has always been a part of UT as has full on character modeling. There will be plenty of new character models at some point by both Epic and the community. Those just take MUCH longer than new skins. The sky is definitely not falling - quite the opposite actually.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

These textures kinda remind me of the custom face textures for the City 17 citizens that are used for some custom models made for Garry's Mod, specifically the ones made by -Rusty- on Facepunch.

Comment

Those are some nice variants good work
                        MY VOICE DEMOS POST|| MY SOUNDCLOUD

Comment

Any progress on this very cool head skins?
                          I'm sure people are eager to combine them with those body skins from Kingaz https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...822-Taye-Skins
                          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Hey Guys, finally finished these:
                            It's been quite a while, sorry I was kinda busy these past few months.
                            The bodyskins are mostly experiments to learn how the materials are set up so at this point there are no drastic changes to the normalmaps.

@Skerion
                            It's possible. The head textures are mostly made with freely available highres pictures from 3d.sk but I tried to mix the features from different people.
                            Attached Files
                            Current Projects

Comment

Here are the teamcolors and a pair of custom glasses I made to test the process:
                              Attached Files
                              Current Projects

Comment

These look absolutely insane man, and to think that you didn't even modify the normal maps! They look so fancy already haha, just the kind of variation the game needs imo. They still represent Thundercrash, but each of them has their own looks.

I just think the second one could potentially cause visibility issues in teamgames, but dunno how visibility will be in the new builds so.

The right one with sunglasses should become the new Malcolm
                                Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Working...
                                X