No announcement yet.

Custom Thunder Crash skins - v0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, It looks pretty much like a professional job! They all look pretty darn good. For skins, theyre great. If these were to be individual models, I think the european guys should have european-styled nostrils, and the asian guy should have a shorter bridge on his nose. The nose on the base taye model is somewhat ambiguous if the skin were taken away though, so it still *works* as it is now.

For some reason, this picture reminds me of john trovolta with a beard:

ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
    Frag video featuring Rookie
    Frag video featuring Phantaci
    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

@Archer6621
      Thanks, I think you're right about the teamskin of the second character. I reduced the camouflage to two colors, should be easier to read now:

@BigFatErik
      Thank you, that's a good idea! I hope once we get some more info on how to import skeletal meshes I can make some changes to the shapes of the faces to make them more unique.
      Attached Files
      Current Projects
      Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
      Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

So I had this idea for a balaclava kind of mask but I'm not sure how well it would fit with the thunder crash theme, what do you think?
        This is a very early prototype without textures:
        Attached Files
        Current Projects

Comment

When black it looks too "modern warfarish", would be interesting to see it with some sort of pattern matching the body color scheme maybe.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
            Here are the teamcolors and a pair of custom glasses I made to test the process:
            What can I say a part stunning work !!!

Eventually, will you add a name and a little story and release the skins in a pack? That would be awesome
            Stevie's corner
            Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Hey mate, nice work on these skins, i was looking at the faces for a while glad you decided to go all the way with changing the bodies as well, the extra collar around the neck looks nice, i may have to utilize this in one of my next skins :P, Are those camo patterns your own? They look pretty neat. i was looking around in the editor and could only find the default digital style one, Just starting to create my own now. Keep up the good work!
              As far as exporting/reimporting as far as i know the UE4 you can export it straight to fbx, Provided you have a program that can import you should be able to just export it move the vertex's around and then reimport the mesh without losing any skeleton data,(this may vary depending on your software but its one of many reasons why i still end up using milkshape) Just make sure you select the "DefaultUT4Skeleton" or something otherwise it will create a new rig. Id post pics but im sure there is probably a more detailed tutorial somewhere that dont involve using older versions of the udk to cheat, If you cant find one specifically for UT4, regular old UE4 tutorials will work the same. But format wise your looking to export into .FBX
              (ps- any eta on availability? i wouldnt mind adding some more characters to the roster)
              My Contributions - misc concept art.
              Taye Skins - Skin Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                What can I say a part stunning work !!!

Eventually, will you add a name and a little story and release the skins in a pack? That would be awesome
                Thanks, I don't know about story but yes I plan to release it in a bit.

Originally posted by Kingaz View Post
                Hey mate, nice work on these skins, i was looking at the faces for a while glad you decided to go all the way with changing the bodies as well, the extra collar around the neck looks nice, i may have to utilize this in one of my next skins :P, Are those camo patterns your own? They look pretty neat. i was looking around in the editor and could only find the default digital style one, Just starting to create my own now. Keep up the good work!
                As far as exporting/reimporting as far as i know the UE4 you can export it straight to fbx, Provided you have a program that can import you should be able to just export it move the vertex's around and then reimport the mesh without losing any skeleton data,(this may vary depending on your software but its one of many reasons why i still end up using milkshape) Just make sure you select the "DefaultUT4Skeleton" or something otherwise it will create a new rig. Id post pics but im sure there is probably a more detailed tutorial somewhere that dont involve using older versions of the udk to cheat, If you cant find one specifically for UT4, regular old UE4 tutorials will work the same. But format wise your looking to export into .FBX
                (ps- any eta on availability? i wouldnt mind adding some more characters to the roster)
                Thanks man!
                Yes, the camo patterns are based on free to use photographs from different fabrics which I redrew in photoshop.
                I removed the tiled camo pattern from the fabric shader and instead used the decal texture to have more control over how the camouflage is scaled.

I already experimented with importing a modified skeletal mesh but I was having some trouble...One problem was that the smoothing groups on the mesh were completely gone and every edge was disconnected after importing the .fbx into 3ds Max and the other was after importing the modified mesh back into Unreal I get the message that merging the bones failed and it gives me a list of bones that seem to be missing from the bind pose.
                I have to look into that once I have some time.
                Current Projects

Comment

The bearded caucasian guy is awesome!!
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Awesome work. Hope these are put officially in the game soon.
                    Check out my work!
                    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                    | Localization

Comment

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

So here's something I've been working on over the past few days, special thanks go out to Vailias for helping me figuring out how to get models back into Unreal Editor.
                      This head model is actually a few years old, I decided to dust it off and polish it up with brand new textures and get it ingame to test the process.
                      He's bald for maximum compability at the moment but since alpha maps are now a possibility with the new engine update I will add hair at some point.
                      At the moment he's using the standard Taye body with one of my skins but since I now have the ability to modify the meshes I'd love to hear some suggestions for armor if you have them.

Attached Files
                      Current Projects

Comment

No word can describe how awesome this is!

Can you make othello

Comment

So here's something I've been working on over the past few days, special thanks go out to Vailias for helping me figuring out how to get models back into Unreal Editor.
                          This head model is actually a few years old, I decided to dust it off and polish it up with brand new textures and get it ingame to test the process.
                          He's bald for maximum compability at the moment but since alpha maps are now a possibility with the new engine update I will add hair at some point.
                          At the moment he's using the standard Taye body with one of my skins but since I now have the ability to modify the meshes I'd love to hear some suggestions for armor if you have them.

Sincerely, the face and the camo armor look already "tip top" (pure awesomeness) to me!

I'm eager to have all of your skins ingame soon
                          Stevie's corner
                          Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Yep looks great - well done!
                            Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

Lo wang?!

Attached Files
                              Check out my work!
                              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                              | Localization

Comment

that last guy looks awesome
                                ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Working...
                                X