Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys!

Here's another update:

Made some improvements to the face and wanted to try some things out.
    Still need to put some more work into the elbowpad and sleeves but I'd like to hear what you guys think.
    Attached Files
    Current Projects
    Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
    Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

holy cow....lately i am seeing some good characters and skins (by the way Aberiu your last work for freelyse left me speechless dude) beside the monsters. I can imagine how could be the new ut when its done, mmmm

Congrats dude! great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Slaught View Post
        Thanks guys!

Here's another update:

Made some improvements to the face and wanted to try some things out.
        Still need to put some more work into the elbowpad and sleeves but I'd like to hear what you guys think.
        The face look awesome to me

I think the next step is to work on the harms skin
        Stevie's corner
        Maps : DM-Thaq (R1), DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

If this underwear vest shall represent a cool scifi armor then i dont want to be Kaal979!
          Maybe it could simply be made of twice as thick material plus grotch and shoulder armors.
          GOod STUff HERe <<

Comment

Thanks guys!
            but I'd like to hear what you guys think.
            I think you did a helluva job, and what you made looks great.

The only reason why I wouldn't immediately shout GIMME GIMME GIMME is because he looks very much like a "normal dude", and could've been taken from any ol' modern military shooter. If I were to offer some completely unsolicited opinion on changes, I'd say give them something that offers some "character" and makes them more "unreal". Something like giving him some battle damage, revealing a robot skeleton underneath like a terminator!!

Or something like how Gorge always looked totally trashed and cracked out on adrenaline stimulants:

But hey, now I'm just fantasizing on my own over here with other ideas from left field. What you made looks really good, theres no doubt about that. Not very "unreal" to me, but it does look good!!
            ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
            Frag video featuring Rookie
            Frag video featuring Phantaci
            Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

For me was always puzzling, why has Gorge a MP3 player on his chest?
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Here's an update:

@BigFatEric
                Thanks!
                I don't think that kind of thing fits the Thunder Crash since they're all humans and ex-military or mercenaries and I'm trying to keep this character in line with that theme.

@papercoffee
                I always figured he had speakers built into his suit and listens to music while he's fragging.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Slaught; 02-14-2016, 03:12 PM.
                Current Projects
                Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

Nice work mate!

Also the rest of people need to remember the cosmetic system isn't done yet. These are still largely the base models. Its entirely likely we'll wind up with armor cosmetics also. So while the existing models are just your near future looking GI's there's nothing to say that they aren't just the light armor variant

Comment

@BigFatEric
                    Thanks!
                    I don't think that kind of thing fits the Thunder Crash since they're all humans and ex-military or mercenaries and I'm trying to keep this character in line with that theme.
                    Yeah, youre right. What you made is professional-level quality and looks really good on its own, but from a fan perspective, the humans are lacking a little bit of "sci fi" flair for characterization. Then again...

Originally posted by Vailias View Post
                    Also the rest of people need to remember the cosmetic system isn't done yet. These are still largely the base models. Its entirely likely we'll wind up with armor cosmetics also. So while the existing models are just your near future looking GI's there's nothing to say that they aren't just the light armor variant
                    ^^ he's right, too! I'm just blabbering on about my own wish list, on a tangent from your own skins. To get back onto topic, I think all of your skins look really good, and my eyes always pop at a new update.

I really like where that t-shirt version is going, though. I bet if you combined that t-shirt with the current skaarj armor vest, you'd get something reminiscent of the famous Brock w/ flag artwork!!

Just sayin'!!
                    ChimmiChunga leads from the front, and DieHard UT holds the crown!!
                    Frag video featuring Rookie
                    Frag video featuring Phantaci
                    Come find people to play with in IRC! All skill levels welcome!!

Comment

Dang! That is one spherical head! The model looks great, please don't misunderstand me, but the only bald dude I have ever seen with a volleyball head like that is Yul Brenner!
                      My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                        Dang! That is one spherical head! The model looks great, please don't misunderstand me, but the only bald dude I have ever seen with a volleyball head like that is Yul Brenner!
                        One of the coolest actors.
                        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Awesome work Slaught! One of the nice things about the Yul Brenner-head-guy is that he should look significantly different than other models with canoe heads. Differentiation is tough in UT4 with all models forced onto the same skeleton.
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

The skeleton isn't really an issue. Literally every single character in UT3 shared the same core skeleton. And everything except the Gen-Mokai shared the same skeleton in UT2004.
                            Skeletal sharing is more standard practice than not these days.

The head customization is a bit restricted in that it needs to keep the same general shape around the dome/brim line for hats to consistently fit right now, but the size can be different entirely.

Comment

And everything except the Gen-Mokai shared the same skeleton in UT2004.
                              Nope, bots, juggernauts, male mercenaries, female mercenaries, skaarj had their own skeletons and sets of animations
                              ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

You see how all the human skeletons have a 3 segment trunk, clavicles, arms, legs etc? The posing and distance between links is different but the skeleton is the same.

The GenMokai has a different lower leg and an added tail, that hierarchy difference would throw off the animations making it a different skeleton.

Perhaps this is just one of those understanding differences in what constitutes sameness in this context.

So long as the pattern of links is the same the skeletons can be considered identical. They can all share animation sets.

Now for best results you'll want similar proportions, but the engine can retarget the animations to a different sized skeleton.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Vailias; 02-16-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X