Skins you want to come back in the new "Unreal Tournament"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    I want the "Gorgeous Gorge" guy to be playable.
    lol yes but he needs help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrapKid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	328244

Comment

Necris Black Legion, especially Kryss, Visse, Kragoth and Malakai! It would be superb to have the Egyptian characters in UT, I agree! Another good pick on Mr Crow. (Delighted to see the UC2 remembrance, they had great designs! )
      Last edited by Spinarax; 05-08-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

UT99:
        Loved the raw guard models especially the Kregore and Arkon skin (reminded me of Gunther from Deus Ex). Also, war machines with their robotic face textures.

UT2004:
        Vast majority were meh, but the ones that stood out were Widowmaker and Cobalt.

Comment

Any alien from the first Unreal would be great for me. I'd love to play as Skaarj, Mercenaries, or Krall.

I really like the characters from the Playstation 2 version of UT; they were more detailed, but still in keeping with UT's style. Damien, Dominator, and Warboss/Rampage were especially great, and I think they would work well in the new UT.

From UT2004's characters, I'd choose Corrosion/Renegade, Mekkor/Skrilax, and Baird.

As far as teams go, I'd like to see the Blood Reavers, Dark Phalanx (especially Gorn), Thundercrash, and Raw Steel make a comeback.

Comment

It's been so long I can't list specific skins, but I'd love to see skins from throughout the game's history, very much including Skaarj and other Unreal ideas. Also, I'm fine with UT3 skins and even Gears of War cameo skins, but they need to be exceptions, not the rule.

Also, it would be nice if there was some sort of customization system like UT3 pretended it had, except actually fleshed out to more than two choices for each slot.

Comment

Aside the usual suspects,

Venom (all-female snake-themed team from UT. Would add some variety and could lead to some cool imagery.)
              Nakhti (UC 2neo-Egyptians)
              Skaarj Hybrids (real Skaarj are 8-9 feet tall. I'd prefer Hybrids to midget Skaarj. d: )
              UT 3 Izanagi (I always felt the Izanagi armor set was the coolest, and it has a lot of potential for very unique visuals.)

The Nightmare were an interesting concept -- Liandri attempting to replicate the Phayder corp.'s Nano-Black technology and failing miserably, creating insane, tortured freaks instead. The team as it was in 2kx was a bit tacky and had some issues with thematic consistency, but the idea itself could be cool. I don't think I'd want to see them as a first priority, but as something down the line it could be neat to see them reimagined in a more serious and consistent way.

When it comes to bringing back specific characters, things always get a bit dicey, since some characters change fairly drastically between games (Lilith, fe: was a War Machine in UT, a Nightmare in 2kx and a Necris in UC2...) but I'd definitely like to see Freylis as a unique character again, at the very least, and another vote for a 2kx-ish Sapphire.

Comment

Since we're sharing our thoughts, I thought the vast majority of UT2004's characters were far too silly and shouldn't come back. Punks? Egyptians? there's just no point to them. I MUCH prefer the original's inmate premise of real dangerous individuals, with a bit of back story. Just hold on to the classics and build some basic story elements around them. Oh and please stay away from the bulk if possible; no more Juggernaut-like armors. UT99 really had the best roster in my opinion.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	MTS_yagami-sama-702292-Thannis.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	328252

Gothic style. None of the UT3 cyborg/swamp monster nonsense.
                  RoseBumRPG - UDK Converter - Grenade Launcher Prototype - Lightning Gun Prototype

Comment

I love the idea of the corporate-themed teams,

Malcolm's thunder crash mercenaries
                    The Corrupt Liadri's own corporate team
                    Another company sponsored the Juggernaut team
                    Necris' phayder assassins

Got to say while I did like playing as the gen mo kai a lot, and the skaarj a little, I don't think their prescence in the story was ever made that clear, I kind of liked it more when it was focused on humans

Comment

I personally don't like the freaky UT2004 characters. I like the UT characters, athletic humans with nice sets of armour and combat suits, a humanoid robot/cyborg and especially the Skaarj Hybrid, larger in size (higher camera), heavier in weight (heavier foot steps) and speaking own phrases (Skaarj language). UT99 was more interesting.

Comment

Wraith and Torch, Romulus and Remus, all from UT2K4.

Comment

Classic Necris Skin: Kragoth. Baddest looking character I've ever seen in the Unreal Universe. Click image for larger version

Name:	Kragoth.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	328253

Comment

Egyptians that are based off this designed and some crazy other class based off the other dudeClick image for larger version

Name:	Unreal-Tournament-Wallpaper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	328255

Comment

Skaarjs and blake male soldier

Comment

would like to see the gen mo kai as well as corrosion and syzgy
                                UT Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X